ForumsNews and FeedbackHave I ever left a comment for this game? (was: Comments)

11 4388
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

When I play a game, sometimes I don't know if I commented or not. Maybe for AG3 they should have a "You commmented on the game: Blahblahblah", to show what you have previously commented. Could be usesful so there's no double commenting.

• 11 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

No I think thats a dumb Idea (no offense intended). To see if you commented on a game just Scroll down and see if your post is up or not.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

just Scroll down and see if your post is up or not.

That's kind of the point of me suggesting this. Here, try finding my comment is Shell Shock Live. 23 pages of JOY. That's why I think this would be more convenient.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

CalvinKidd137, play nice with others, or don't post.

Acmed is asking for a feature to know if they've EVER left a comment, not just recently.

This isn't a bad idea, but frankly since AG3 won't award points for leaving game comments, I'm not sure this will be a priority for us.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Also, please leave a more descriptive title next time. )

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Ahh, Shell Shock Live. I flock there quite often when I'm on duty. Nothing spurs comments faster than a highly-rated game with multiplayer content and paid extras. Anyway, for the feature of leaving a comment, I'm not too sure on what the uses for it would be. Couldn't said comments also track how much likes/dislikes it has gotten too, where you can look at a post and see that it has a total of 20 likes and 12 dislikes?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I can only imagine that acmed was hoping we'd be giving points for leaving game comments, and didn't want to spam, or maybe hope we have an Achievement for commenting on every game or something. /shrug

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

No, actually I just thought it'd be cool and a little more easier to see previous comments. Yes, to see likes and dislikes, to see what I even said, etc.

boshow
boshow
174 posts
Nomad

ya good idea... id just post again tho

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Use Ctrl+F and search your username. Even if there are 23 pages of comments, it shouldn't take more than a minute to find your comment.

If you don't find your comment, it must mean that you didn't leave one for the game (or it got deleted).

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I don't know I agree with Acmed's idea, recently I have been going back and trying to play all the games on the site, this is a task I've begun and gotten bored with numerous times, I want to know simply because I was much worse at critique of a game 6 months ago much less 1 or 2 years. This idea shouldn't be high priority but it should be something considered just for the developers if not the users.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Use Ctrl+F and search your username. Even if there are 23 pages of comments, it shouldn't take more than a minute to find your comment.

I understand that, Ernie. But would it be more cooler if one glance you can see what you posted?
Showing 1-11 of 11