ForumsPopular Media[REQUESTED] Movie of the Week! (Scarface p.13)

130 71626
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

In this thread I will be posting a new movie every Sunday. Before posting in this thread, I advise you to watch the movie. If you've already watched the move in the past, feel free to talk about it. We will talk about the movie. May it be about the storyline, the characters, the actors, etc.. You may also post your critique of the movie here.

For each movie I'll be posting a link to IMDb where you'll get a small description of the movie. I'll also be posting my own little description and critique of the movie.

As for the movies, they will be random. By that, I mean there is no certain genre I will stick with and these movies will be new and old.

I'll take recommendations for movies, but not in this thread. Leave a comment on my profile if you would like to recommend a movie.

• 130 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Movie of the Week:
The Game!

The Game is about a businessman who is recruited for a bizarre "game" as a birthday present from his younger brother. Once the "game" has insinuated itself into every aspect of his life, he begins to suspect that there is a more sinister purpose to the "game". The man gains paranoia and such. About half an hour before the movie ended, it was sad, I thought it was the ending, but it wasn't. It's a very interesting movie.

To start up some conversation, what do you think of this movie? How was the story? Was the acting in the movie good?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

What a great movie to start off with.

What do you think of this movie? How was the story? Was the acting in the movie good?

For being an older movie, it was pretty good to watch. The story line was very good. The link between his fathers death and the beginning of the plot was a very good theme to put in the movie. The acting was fairly good, Sean Penn and and Michael Douglas work very well together. I found the it original and a great film to watch.
AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

*grumbling to himeself* well i started a movie thread first *grumble grumble*

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

*grumbling to himeself* well i started a movie thread first *grumble grumble*

GoM always checks to see if there was a recent thread with the exact same idea.
Why don't you link yours, so we can see?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I searched for threads, yours is just for action movies, while mine is for all acceptable genres, and yours barely has any substance. It's just a bunch of links requesting people to talk about the movie, you didn't describe it nor critique it. My thread is different because it's for all acceptable genres and I post a description and a critique.

What a great movie to start off with.

Fincher is a great director, most, if not all of his movies are wonderful!
The story line was very good.

Yeah. The plot of the movie fascinates me. It intrigues me that the main character went to a place to get tested for several things, then the "game" started soon after that. What happens throughout the "game" is exciting.
Why don't you link yours, so we can see?

Unnecessary since it's completely different from this thread, but you can use the thread search to find it, or go to the second or third page of this sub-forum.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Fincher is a great director, most, if not all of his movies are wonderful!

I didn't even look at the director - makes sense why the plot was more original than most movies. He is a fantastic director. I like how he executed the Zodiac movie.
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

This should be a stickie. but also i have a suggestion. Can it be recent movies instead?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

makes sense why the plot was more original than most movies.

Yeah, I'm very fond of his movies especially because they have a deep plot. The Game is a great movie, I've watched it about five times in the past two days.
Can it be recent movies instead?

Read:
As for the movies, they will be random. By that, I mean there is no certain genre I will stick with and these movies will be new and old.

I'll take recommendations for movies, but not in this thread. Leave a comment on my profile if you would like to recommend a movie.

The movies will be chosen at random, but you can recommend movies on my profile. I'm not going to make it solely recent movies because I prefer older movies, but that doesn't mean I won't consider putting recent movies in this thread. I don't want to make it solely recent movies for two reasons. 1) The older movies tend to be better. (subjective, yes, but I haven't seen many high quality new movies) 2) I don't want a thread focused solely on recent movies because it'll end up going dead, it's better to have a larger selection of movies.

Aside from that, please talk about the current movie so this thread doesn't get derailed.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

If you haven't watched the movie suggested yet, you can go to this website to watch any movie for free, and no downloading is required.

letmewatchthis

What you do when you get to the website is type in the movie you want to watch in the search box, click on the movie title (it also has the movie poster right above it, so it shouldn't be too hard to find). And it should give you some links to other websites. What I usually go with sockshare.com because that's the one my friend suggested and I watched the Hangover Part 2 on it and it was flawless. After clicking on sockshare, a new tab along with an add should be opened up, and you'll be given the option of continue as free user or get pro account. Unless you want to pay, click on continue as free user. After that, click on the button that says "click to play".

It may not be the best quality, but it's a good way to watch free movies and I've only had one problem with it out of several movies I've watched from using this.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Oops, I accidently posted the link to The game rather than the websites home page. But you can click on where it says "letmewatchthis.ch" and that'll take you to the home page.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Great thing to add! Now people can watch movies online without having to search around a whole bunch of different sites.

Well, what do you think about The Game, Turtel?

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Well, what do you think about The Game, Turtel?

I have yet to watch it for I have lost my earphones. They were SkullCandy, too.
AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

I searched for threads, yours is just for action movies, while mine is for all acceptable genres, and yours barely has any substance. It's just a bunch of links requesting people to talk about the movie, you didn't describe it nor critique it. My thread is different because it's for all acceptable genres and I post a description and a critique

thats true, i dont mind really
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Movie of the Week:
Green Zone!

Green Zone is about a soldier in Iraq who is assigned to search for weapons of mass destruction. When a raid turns up nothing, he investigates and discovers a conspiracy that reaches to the highest levels of the military-industrial complex. I like this movie because I enjoy these types of movies. It's a wonderful movie with an intriguing plot.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

do you know if i can watch this movie on netflix on my playstation or not?

Showing 1-15 of 130