ForumsThe TavernThrowing Things Into Trash Cans

52 10563
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

How good are you when it comes to throwing things in trash cans? Whether it be paper wads, erasers, or anything.

I know I'm terrible because just yesterday I was hanging out with a friend at the mall and we got some icecream. So I had the idea of throwing my spoon into the trash can. It was about three feet away. I tossed it, it somehow flew upwards, went over the trash can, and almost hit this couple on the other side of the trash can.

If you have any good stories of amazing shots or misses or a good technique for throwing them (I've seen people get really serious about this, so I bet there's a technique somewhere for it), post it all here.

• 52 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I can be two feet away and still miss. Let's just say that I miss the trash that is right next to my bed when I am in my bed.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
512 posts
Peasant

My garbage always bounces on the side of the bin and then....falls off.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

I believe once I threw a paper cup in the garbage and it landed standing up. But other than that it usually hits the side and falls.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
350 posts
Nomad

i found a box of condoms and threw them into a trash can as a lady watched me do it. I felt really weird after it.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I thought this was going to be a litter/recycle thread lulz.

When i'm studying i usually procrastinate by scrunching up balls of paper and playing hoop with my trash can.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I don't usually throw out papers (kind of lazy), so that's why my backpack looked a little bit like this...
http://www.nickomargolies.com/big/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/big-backpack-2005.jpg

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I usually don't bother throwing things into trash cans, unless they're meant thrown in anyway.

And as for performance, I'm alright at throwing things in.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I usually hit the trash can and score. Unless I am at my computer, and just spun around and trying to throw in a icecream stick. Then it usually falls short.

ShopwornSoul
ShopwornSoul
102 posts
Nomad

I submit all potential flightpaths to the Committee on Trajectories and Ricochets each Tuesday in triplicate. Once vetted I will then practice the release technique for each object. Based upon my careful calculations considering mass, required velocity and in some extreme cases (such as, say, a half-full strawberry yogurt container) I will commit to wind tunnel testing before attempting actual flight.

I find that only in the rarest of cases are do my plans result in refuse gone awry but then it is often attributable to external influence, such as an uncontrolled feline in the vicinity or perhaps the existence of sub-quantum resonations in the Epps modulator. Blasted thing goes out of whack once a month or more.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Intense.

I find that my skills vary. I have been able to make it from a dozen feet, yet miss horrifically when I try to slam dunk.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
350 posts
Nomad

O, ya, well I play basketball so I'm fairly decent.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Three trash cans, in a row, perpendicular to where I was standing. I pick up a bottle, and, from about 20 feet away and 5 feet of stairs higher, I toss the bottle upwards. It falls short, bounces, hits the rim of the second bin (compost), and lands perfectly into the last bin, which was the recycling bin and the one I was originally going for.

If only there was someone to film it so it could get a couple million views on YouTube, but sadly, I was the only person around to witness that glorious, 1-in-a-billion shot.

Conflicted
Conflicted
30 posts
Nomad

To be honest, it depends on if I try or not, if I actually want to, I'll be able to get it in a bin from about twenty feet back, but if I'm tired and not really focused, I'll most likely miss.

gbnxc
gbnxc
192 posts
Nomad

I don't usually throw out papers (kind of lazy), so that's why my backpack looked a little bit like this...
Metoo its a horrible habit i'll hopefully break it this school year... im so unorganized

ninjajr
ninjajr
56 posts
Nomad

When I throw out paper I usually hit the can but not get it inside the trash can.

Showing 1-15 of 52