ForumsThe TavernThrowing Things Into Trash Cans

52 10564
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

How good are you when it comes to throwing things in trash cans? Whether it be paper wads, erasers, or anything.

I know I'm terrible because just yesterday I was hanging out with a friend at the mall and we got some icecream. So I had the idea of throwing my spoon into the trash can. It was about three feet away. I tossed it, it somehow flew upwards, went over the trash can, and almost hit this couple on the other side of the trash can.

If you have any good stories of amazing shots or misses or a good technique for throwing them (I've seen people get really serious about this, so I bet there's a technique somewhere for it), post it all here.

• 52 Replies
AyaNinna
AyaNinna
4 posts
Nomad

It depends how far the trash can is from me. It if its too far, no way I can get the trash inside.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It depends on several things: How large the trash can is, how close/far it is, and if the thing I'm throwing can be thrown that close/far.

If we're talking about crumbled up paper and the trash can is about 10-20 feet away from me; I'll make most shots.

MasterAwsuko
MasterAwsuko
74 posts
Nomad

Wait, that's why they're called trash cans? But my mommy told me that the Trash Fairy would leave me a quarter for my trash. D=

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I almost never throw things into a trash can from a distance because I'm AWFUL doing that.

I usually get up and put it inside or, when is something like a sheet (in a ball form) or an old pencil, in the classroom, I give it to a friend of mine. He loves to throw things in the thrash can from his desk, very far from the trash can. He hits it 70% of the times...

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

i beleieve the proper stratigy is to pull it back like your holding a tray then fling it by flicking your wrist to its full extent but thats for long distance for short uhhh i dont know just like shoot it in

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Most of the time I throw it and sometimes I hit. Isn't that hard for me.

divy1324
divy1324
436 posts
Nomad

On paper toss for my i-pad2 i play paper toss. My high score on hard mode is 1,338

Arjan
Arjan
41 posts
Nomad

i found a box of condoms and threw them into a trash can as a lady watched me do it. I felt really weird after it.

Why would you pick that up? Really now, leave those things for the garbage cleaners. Atleast they have gloves :P
alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i uasally never make the trash into the trash can even when im placing it will still fall out

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

i found a box of condoms and threw them into a trash can as a lady watched me do it. I felt really weird after it.

Why would you pick that up? Really now, leave those things for the garbage cleaners. Atleast they have gloves :P

I was thinking that I would just leave it
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I'm only good on one condition, I don't really care if I get it in or not. For some reason once I pay no mind to it it always goes in.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

One time back in 8th grade, before a class started, a kid, out of nowhere, threw a piece of paper across the room to the garbage can. He completely missed, but one kid hit it into the air as it passed by him. Then, i saw it, and dived for the paper before it hit the ground, and hit it towards the garbage can. Then, a 4th and final kid, saw the paper and knocked it in. It was one the most epic unplanned things I've ever experienced.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

once i threw something into a trashcan from sort of far away and it bounced out. my sister was sitting on a spinny computer chair and spinning. the thing i threw in landed on the chair and my sister hit it off, and it crashed into a towel my friend was shaking around. it bounced off the towel and went across the room and landed in the other trash pail. another 'epic unplanned thing.'

LatestDisaster_
LatestDisaster_
46 posts
Nomad

In class about 3 years ago, i went across the room ( 40 feet? (from corner to corner)) behind the back... One of the greatest moments of my life. Eraser by the way.

eddyalex
eddyalex
308 posts
Nomad

I can throw a can in from about 5 meters... so i guess i'm ok!

Showing 16-30 of 52