ForumsGames[necro]better gameplay not better graphics

93 20918
bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

now when somwbody makes a good fun game people look at the graphics i dont like that they say if it isnt good graphica its crap what happend to good gameplay i want to stop focusing on graphics and get to the gameplay

• 93 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

But everyone has to admit nice graphics aren't bad

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

But still, graphics are a big part of a story driven game

Half-Life

amnesia wouldn't be the same if it looked like a game from 1990

Yay, but Amnesia's graphic capabilities are on par with today's, scroll back the clock a few years, make Amnesia look like a 1990's game, and put a 1990's era gamer infront of it? You get somebody who just soiled their Kenan and Kal boxers.

Aesthetics in this sense encompasses not only graphics and sound but also how a game plays.

Nay, Aesthetics is a game's Color Palette. What you're describing is the overall mood of the game.

-Chillz
TysonD
TysonD
35 posts
Farmer

I feel that graphics falls to the developer...if they want more of a classic feel for the player than dampen the graphics..for more of the in game experience go with the HD. As for the comments regarding the graphics, it is entirely up to the player standpoint on how they experienced the game and if it would have been a better one or not if the graphics were for better or worse

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

For me, the most important things are storyline, music, and gameplay. If all of those are evenly moderately good, I don't care about the graphics (as long as I see what I'm doing). A perfect example: Gauntlet: Legends for the N64. Graphics aren't spectacular, but so far it's my favorite game of the entire Gauntlet series. Better than the PS2 versions.

I love all the Nintendo series because they have great stories and music. Even though the graphics often aren't that awesome. To me, it's like who cares?! THIS GAME IS AWESOME!

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

For me, the gameplay is the most important part. Graphics are like icing on the cake. It's like Limbo. The graphics are okay, but that's not what attracts people. It's the amazing puzzle, time challenges that go into the gameplay.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

thanks for all the support we dont want the games beating our consoles so then we have to buy a new console and then the game turns out to be rubbish and i dont know what aesthetics are so dont question me about them

visitlegend
visitlegend
398 posts
Nomad

graphics dont madder its just the game >.<

ggos
ggos
5 posts
Nomad

The graphics have to be at least.. tolerable. Good gameplay is obvious; don't make a game that's all graphics with a terrible storyline, broken game mechanics, and other meaningless garbage.. >.>

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

please replie i know this sounds selfish but im getting a bit bored without anybody awnsering

dric454
dric454
69 posts
Nomad

Graphics doesn't matter...
But For Me,,How The Story Goes Is More Important...
Why Play A Game With High Graphics If The Ending You'll Get Is Worst?? =P No Offense..

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

so i love that everybody agrees we need better gamplay now its just better graphics or nothing

weter506
weter506
159 posts
Nomad

Right,better gameplay not better graphics!

MasterAwsuko
MasterAwsuko
74 posts
Nomad

An example of graphics not making a game good:

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

That game had amazing graphics but was virtually unplayable.

An example of graphics not mattering in making a game good:

Super Mario Bros.

Crap graphics. However, arguably the greatest game of all time.

And for storylines? Pfft...RPG or not, it always comes down to "Shoot to kill, jump to dodge", "Go right!", "Get that exp. bar higher, then that one, then that one, etc.", or "Keep this one, tiny structure alive from 1000s of enemies."

KXIsystem
KXIsystem
106 posts
Nomad

Another prime example of graphics overriding game play is Minecraft, though it has a simple graphic style the graphics itself are CRAP - NOTHING - The game character is made up of 6 CUBES! But why is the game so popular? Because you can do almost ANYTHING, can't do it in vanilla go find a mod. That game is modded to the limit and it STILL looks like $-.

If anyone still says graphics are more important than game play after that then they are trolls.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

graphics dont madder its just the game

i think your thinking right lets make some more non computer killing games
Showing 31-45 of 93