Forums

ForumsVideo Games

[necro]better gameplay not better graphics

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 8:56am

bazz1

bazz1

255 posts

now when somwbody makes a good fun game people look at the graphics i dont like that they say if it isnt good graphica its crap what happend to good gameplay i want to stop focusing on graphics and get to the gameplay

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 10:56am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,354 posts

Uh graphic r important. If the game play is great the graphics need to match that

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 12:08pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Games need to have good graphics unless they are ment to be retro to a certain point but gameplay means more to me.

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 12:44pm

destruction101

destruction101

115 posts

The game play MUST be really good, but as long as the graphics are decent it doesn’t matter. I mean look at Nitrome, they make some of the best flash games I have ever played, but there graphics are not all that good. The important thing? I still enjoy them even if the graphics are not all that good. More examples? Mario Nintendo’s old games the list goes on and on.

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 1:15pm

Tamally

Tamally

39 posts

Uh graphic r important. If the game play is great the graphics need to match that

are you dumb? graphics dont mean anything? what matters behind a game is the story and if you dont belive that you dont deserve to play video games...

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 1:22pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

There's a reason people still play classic Atari and the old Super Mario Bros. It's not the graphics (although some like the nostalgic feel) it's the gameplay. A game could look perfect, but be crap due to poor controls or clumsy movement or no real storyline/plot.

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 1:26pm

Tamally

Tamally

39 posts

yes, but most ppl dont belive that ppl like this retard think its all bout graphics

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 1:34pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

I only look for games if I enjoy playing them. I see good graphics as a bonus. I mainly play video games on the PlayStation 2 because the games available for it appeal to me more than video games on the newer consoles.

No. Graphics are the least important thing in games. Do you want a game with magnificent graphics but lacking in everything else? That would make a terrible game and barely anybody would purchase it. The only people who would get it is the people who care so much about graphics rather than gameplay itself. Gameplay and everything else is much more important than some pretty art.

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 2:54pm

PrideRage

PrideRage

147 posts

I agree with most of the other posters. Graphics aren't as necessary as the gameplay and the storyline. I also think that the big companies really overdo their graphics. Nowadays all the people cursed with an old PC can't play newer games, and that's where all big companies want to surpass each other with the graphics, so that not everyone can get a feeling of the gameplay.
I'm sorry for getting a little off-topic, but I just want to mention, that small indie developers can make much better games that the games from big companies.
The only thing that matters about graphics is, that if you for example play a game where you have an inventory, you should be able to recognize that you have a sword in your inventory and not a stick or a fish.

Really good graphics are only important for tech-demos where companies show what kinda realistic stuff they create and how good all of there stuff looks like, I really admit that in tech-demos I become a graphic ***** but whilst playing a game, I enjoy the game, not the graphics.

Posted Jul 18, '11 at 3:49pm

AngelOfDemon

AngelOfDemon

315 posts

well something that I think of is that graphic quality also effects gameplay. For example, the only game I really play a lot on this site is Exit Path, and in that game, the graphics are okay, but in order to go faster, they have to be low, so graphics really dont matter becuase in Exit Path, low graphics equals good gameplay. Simple as that.