eagleye761
25 posts
Nomad

weird

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I'd be proud to donate my unborn child in the name of helping someone else in need. As far as you know the child could grow up to be the next Hitler and that wouldn't be very good.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Indeed, stem cell research is one of those areas where religion (or at least religious conservatives) is holding back progress. I suppose at the end of the day it's okay since other countries are making steady progress with the research, so if this is a field in which the U.S. wants to lag behind, then the government and economy will just have to eventually feel the repercussions of that.

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

@ninjacube, technically, all babies are man-made too you know. So that messes up your point a bit.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

@donosld:

Yeah, I seemed to have missed addressing that point when I was typing up. Women seeking abortion could choose this as an option instead of letting the embryo go to waste. You're right though, Donosld, the embryos might become geniuses, but then again, the chance might be small (you might be able to determine this based on the enviroment).

Showing 16-20 of 20