ForumsThe TavernThe 'Rant' Thread

297 59417
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Basically just a thread to rant about anything and everything. I won't bore you with rules or anything, just remember to stick to the community guidelines and don't let this get out of hand

• 297 Replies
savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

Wrote this in math class once because I couldn't hear the teacher. I wrote it quickly so the spelling and grammer are kind of bad.

whats the point of paying attntion in math? were lerning stuf i lerned wen i was 7. cant even hear wat shes sayin. ok shes at the board. shes going to write something. no shes drawing. its a turtle no wait its a cat ya a cat with 18 wiskers no shes erasing 9 of them.theres a purple dot on the fan. (BANG) a bird just ran into the window. back to teacher she seems to be talking about her marker. shes throwing it away like playing basket ball. shes eraseing the cat. jake and luke are flrting again. teachers writing pi symble. now shes drawing a pie. SHES XING OUT THE PIE! how dear she insult pie like that! jays asleep again... jay wake up... wake up jay... WAKE UP. what if theres a fire drill...

Okay to be completely honest at that point it stops because there was a fire dill. That's right. At the exact moment I wrote "fire dirll" the fire alarm went off.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

whats the point of paying attntion in math...

That's hardly a rant, you're more of just dictating what's going on in an annoyed tone.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

@the above posts:
Ah...the days of middle school...
What a horrible time :P
My middle school was just my elementary school except with longer days, more work, harder classes, meaner kids, and all the other bad stuff. Also, most of my friends from elementary either moved away/ went to a different school or found a different group and started to go our separate ways. Ironically, I thought that high school would be worse, but there's no way on God's green earth that high school is worse. I met new people, get along with people who I used to not care for, learned a lot of new stuff, run for the cross country team...yeah it's a lot of work and I wish I had more time, but overall high school is a lot better. And hopefully college will be better than that

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I dislike it when people try to act like they know what they're talking about when they really don't. For example, last week I'm somehow on the topic of how much gold is worth with one of my acquaintances. I said that it was around $29000/lb the last time I checked (which was a few weeks earlier). He claimed that it was no more than 1/10th of that. I checked it last week Friday: it was about $25500/lb (September was the biggest 1 month drop in 3 years, but it was still nowhere near what he said).

Mehuman
Mehuman
4 posts
Peasant

Curse those Pitsburg Steelers they won again and their oponets lost ( obviusly) so anyways I hate that Team cuz the are the RIVALS OF THE RAVENS THEY MUST LOSE.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

^I'm actually a Steeler fan, but that's okay because everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
For my rant, I hate it when you're sleeping, wake-up, have to go to the bathroom, but don't want to get out of bed. That happens a lot :P

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

There are not enough hours in the day for doing all the things I need to do.
Curse the earth's rotation.
And needing to sleep.

Also, I hate it when counselors don't actually counsel me when I actually need advice on courses and activities.
Me: "Should I double-up on math or science?"
Her: "Do whatever you want, sweetie!"
Me: "But I really can't decide. From your experience, which is the better choice?"
Her: "Art!"

I also dislike it when people are hypocrites.

And that's all for now.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I hate it when I say what I'm thinking in my head and people don't understand it at all. Or the real answer is aparently something MUCH simplier. That happened all the time in church class.

I also hate when you start a sentence and you capatalize the second letter. Like you would start a sentence "THat... and you would relize your mistake and have to fix it.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

[quote]For my rant, I hate it when you're sleeping, wake-up, have to go to the bathroom, but don't want to get out of bed. That happens a lot :P[quote]

I hate that, but mostly because I know going back to sleep is gonna be a mofo.

But what I hate even more is luck. Some people can smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day for their entire life and are still perfectly healthy, while another person who's never been around smoke a day in their life (probably a baby, considering how things are nowadays) gets lung cancer, bronchitis, emphysema, and mesothelioma from 2nd hand smoke after being around a smoker once. And knowing life, that's probably happened before.

Another thing is liars. I can't stand liars, no matter what they lie about. I honestly don't see the point in deceiving people. Nothing's wrong with getting what you want the right way. One lie can turn into more lies, and more lies turn into even more lies. I tried lieing once (about something real big, I mean), didn't work out too well. I don't get the point in that dirty, rotten feeling you get when you lie, especially if it's to a friend or someone else close to you.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I hate that, but mostly because I know going back to sleep is gonna be a mofo.

Everything past that wasn't meant to be a quote. Sorry for the double post and mistake.
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Also, I hate it when counselors don't actually counsel me when I actually need advice on courses and activities.
Me: "But I really can't decide. From your experience, which is the better choice?"

I have the same problem. I could not decide on a math course or a science course for the semester. They told me I should take English 12. I told them I don't need another English credit, I need math or science. They then proceeded to tell me to take a cooking class. How is that even relevant to my problem?!
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I signed up for Western Civ. last year (for this year), and my counselor was like "...you know that's a harder class, right? --yeah-- Why do you want to take it? --It said that that was the class for college-bound students-- Oh, okay...you know Topics is only a semester, right? --Yeah, but I need three credits for social studies to graduate, so if I take this, world geography (which I already took), and American government (state requirement), then I'll be all set-- ...you don't get as much homework..."
It's like, jeez back up, it's not really your decision, let me do what I want.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

And I have yet another point to make about middle school students (I'm so sorry to any and all middle school students who read this post, but the majority of middle schoolers that I know do all this stuff); they run everywhere. If they bump into you, they don't even bother to apologize! They stop, look at you like it's your fault, and keep on running to wherever it is they're going when they'll make it with plenty of time walking. And since my school is a middle/high school, I'm seeing these little kids doing this everyday. They're bumping into me, every day.

What happened to me once was a kid shoved me aside and I chased him for a bit till I caught him and pulled him backwards by the backpack. It was kind of mean, but no one ever shoved me agian.
I dislike it when people try to act like they know what they're talking about when they really don't. For example, last week I'm somehow on the topic of how much gold is worth with one of my acquaintances. I said that it was around $29000/lb the last time I checked (which was a few weeks earlier). He claimed that it was no more than 1/10th of that. I checked it last week Friday: it was about $25500/lb (September was the biggest 1 month drop in 3 years, but it was still nowhere near what he said).

What I hate more is when you are really knowlegable on one subject, so someone assumes that you know everything and ask you questions about stuff you have no idea about.
That's hardly a rant, you're more of just dictating what's going on in an annoyed tone.

Agreed, a rant would be more like you're asking questions and are using more than one situation, or a bigger situation.

Yea, after a few bad experiences like that when SHE called me in, I never went voluntarily to her office after that.
For my rant, I hate it when you're sleeping, wake-up, have to go to the bathroom, but don't want to get out of bed. That happens a lot :P

It's alot worse when you're so tired that you can't wake up and your bladder is about to burst.
Another thing is liars. I can't stand liars, no matter what they lie about. I honestly don't see the point in deceiving people. Nothing's wrong with getting what you want the right way. One lie can turn into more lies, and more lies turn into even more lies. I tried lieing once (about something real big, I mean), didn't work out too well. I don't get the point in that dirty, rotten feeling you get when you lie, especially if it's to a friend or someone else close to you.

I don't get why you dont like lieing. I actualy find it a great source of entertainment to make someone believe something for like half an hour and then tell them it was all a lie. I lie actualy everyday of my life, but I never tell big lies cause it's no longer fun once you do that. I just like to play tricks on people and lieing is one way to do that.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Another thing is liars. I can't stand liars, no matter what they lie about.

I can't honestly believe you don't lie yourself on a daily basis.

I honestly don't see the point in deceiving people.

I also honestly can't believe you can't come up with one reason people wouldn't want to tell someone else the truth.

I don't get the point in that dirty, rotten feeling you get when you lie

You usually do it unconsciously, which is why i can't believe you don't lie.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I don't get why you dont like lieing. I actualy find it a great source of entertainment to make someone believe something for like half an hour and then tell them it was all a lie. I lie actualy everyday of my life, but I never tell big lies cause it's no longer fun once you do that. I just like to play tricks on people and lieing is one way to do that

Playing tricks is a different thing, I'm all for pranking people, don't get me wrong.

But today there was this new kid on our bus and he happened to be sitting next to a kid who's constantly throwing s*** at people, only today he had an egg, a ****ing egg for christs sake! He threw it at this black girl and she got pissed and was ready to beat some a**, so they kid throwing stuff blamed it on the new kid and the new kid got punched in the face so some a**wipe could save his own hide from a beating.
Showing 226-240 of 297