ForumsNews and FeedbackLocked

9 2845
destruction101
destruction101
115 posts
Nomad

I think that when the administrator locks a post in the community it should be erased from the site. This would make the site a little less messy.

• 9 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I don't think that would be a good idea, especially if the thread is a sticky.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

Then all the people who posted there would lose points. If the thread started fine, then towards the end got spammy, would the people who made intelligent comments deserve to lose points?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Then all the people who posted there would lose points. If the thread started fine, then towards the end got spammy, would the people who made intelligent comments deserve to lose points?

We won't get points for forum posting.
It'll take away some well-deserved reputation in some cases.
darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

We won't get points for forum posting.

Reputation is like points.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Reputation is not the only reason this is a bad idea. Some locked threads contain important information that should not be removed.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Seems similar to this. I disagree with the idea for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I don't see how it'll make the site less messy, I doubt people go through ALL the pages in each sub-forum. And it'll just make this forum small, deleting all locked threads is unnecessary.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
466 posts
Nomad

As I see it locked threads are like storm clouds. They may seem to make it not look nice but soon they'll get pushed away and soon most likely never to be seen!

FrailDignity
FrailDignity
7 posts
Nomad

Not removing locked threads is a good reminder to people that rules are indeed enforced and that people who do not abide by them are seen and taken care of by moderators.

Also, the amount of locked threads that stay on top is not huge, and therefore the site doesn't really look messy.

Not to mention that they always get covered up by new threads quite quickly.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed this. Removing a locked topic means users ask the same questions over and over. We're hoping to find a forum engine that will detect that a similar question/topic already exists and offer suggestions to you as a user where you can simply add your thoughts instead of making a whole new thread.

Feel free to post in the forum ideas thread.

Showing 1-9 of 9