ForumsWEPRAt least 85 dead in Norway

80 14892
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure how well this thread will go, but here it is anyway. Click to hear the story. It freaks me out, because I was just at a small summer camp this week. It wasn't nearly as big as the youth camp, but this story still freaks me out. I can't imagine what families are going through right now. My heart and prayers goes out to anyone who was affected by this terrible tragedy. Please read all of this article.

• 80 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

was there any particular reason he did it to this youth camp of all places?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

He'll only get 21 years maximum from the terrorism charges. They need stricter laws. That's 3 months = 1 life taken.

was there any particular reason he did it to this youth camp of all places?

To make a political statement. Here's a link about his reasoning.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

My friend text me and said "Hey, heard about that guy in Norway?"
So i texted back saying "Nope, what about him?"
I was waiting for the punchline when she texted "Oh, he murdered like 80 people."

Wasn't the funny response i expected.

It's disgusting that someone's ideology can go this far.
Now regardless of his political ideas, i can't say whether they were right or wrong because they're his and they're personal.
But why would murdering teenagers change things?
Surely he could have made the connection that death = bad outlook.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

If convicted on the terrorism charges, he would face a maximum of 21 years in jail, police said.

why don't they convict him for 80 times muder (the summer camp) and 21 year for terrorism =S (bombing in oslo)
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

Wasn't the funny response i expected.

its bad enough that hes killing people, but now hes ruining jokes too?? he should get the death sentence.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

That guy is a evil ******* and should be killed for his crimes... My viking brothers are wounded, and THOR IS PISSED! but seriously, that guy must have been insane.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

21 is a tad low.... That's why I dont go to sleepover camps. Or just don't go to Norway.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

That's why I dont go to sleepover camps. Or just don't go to Norway.

this is the 1st time something like this has happend in norway. norway is still much safer then most countrys
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Last I heard on the news, this jumped up to 92.

this is the 1st time something like this has happend in norway. norway is still much safer then most countries

I heard he his motive was to prove that nobody is safe (including Norway) from terrorist attakcs. America thought the same thing, then 9/11 happened. And I'm probably dead wrong, but wasn't there some other massacre in Norway sometime in the late 1900's? I mean anytime after the 50's when I say this.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Its bad enough that hes killing people, but now hes ruining jokes too?? he should get the death sentence

I know, i mean lets look at the more important factor.
What's a world without jokes?

but wasn't there some other massacre in Norway sometime in the late 1900's? I mean anytime after the 50's when I say this.

I can't find anything, so if you do, let me know. Even if there was - it's been reported this was the biggest massacre in Norway from WW2.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I heard he his motive was to prove that nobody is safe (including Norway) from terrorist attakcs.

He did attack Norway to apparently change things, but it's not what you said. He wrote a 1500 page manuscript about how to drive off muslims and different 'races' from the country. He also wrote in there, apparently, that he's gonna be seen as the biggest (nazi-) monster since WW2. He admitted both things, the massacre and the bomb attentate, and said they were "brutal, but necessary".
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

I can't imagine how anyone could justify doing this. Especially to children. He killed those kids for the views and ideals they might have in the future, or to prove a point to the world that everyone is aware of, no matter how much we deny it. It is horrific, but in reality, I guess it happens every day.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

or to prove a point to the world that everyone is aware of, no matter how much we deny it.

Yeah, racism and islamophobism are a big problem, and we aren't doing enough especially against the latter.
That's what you meant right? I do hope so.
Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

He shouldn't die. He should be tortured, his life made into a living Hell for the rest of his days. May he live long to suffer, if that is the case.

If not tortured, he should get the death penalty.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

If not tortured, he should get the death penalty.

torture is forbidden by law in most countrys and sofar i know it's forbidden in all european countrys.

death penalty for this? thats just to easy. the death penalty is to weak (in general). for him to die doesn't matter him at all. he knows what he has done and he knows that he will be in jail for a long time if not the rest of his life.
killing him right away will make him suffer less and probably he wont suffer at all because the death penalty must be done in a ethic way.
just put him in jail. take his freedom from him for the rest of his life. then he will suffer for his deeds.
death is not suffering.
death is a easy escape for suffering.
Showing 1-15 of 80