ForumsGame WalkthroughsThe Last Stand - Union City Guide

175 227627
iSamoan
iSamoan
24 posts
Nomad

Alright, so I've been playing this game for two days now, and I've completed it twice, both on hard. But those don't have anything to do with this but oh well.
These are the missions that I've done and have had enough time to write some crap down for it.
So yeah, here we go.
Intro
1. After creating your character you'll be dropped into the game.
2. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the screen.
3. Keep going right to get out of the area.
4. Kill all the zombies.
5. Search the first house for everything. Only grab things that are essential. Do NOT grab the worthless stuff, since yeah, it's worthless.
Task 1: Breaking Through - Find a way into Brookvale
1. If on Hard mode go to the safehouse and rest if you need to. Also serves as a great save spot.
2. You could go and talk to the people inside the safehouse but it's a waste of time. Also, search everything.
3. Go all the way to the right of the screen to find the survivor and Ed Boone. He will give you a quest. Follow the instructions and find Ray.
4. If you didn't follow the instructions he's at the blue house with the mailbox that says '12'.
5. Go inside, go upstairs and you'll find him. Search EVERYTHING, like I said, if on easy mode I found some money in the drawyers on the first floor.
6. Ray will tell you to go back to Ed, since he didn't have it. Go to Ed and continue the task.
7. He tells you to go get the bolt cutters himself. Go to house 14, the one with the dual garages. Go inside the house and go right, kill the zombies and search to the very far right, the bolt cutters should be there.
8. Go to Ed to turn in the task/quest thingy. You'll earn 300XP.
-New Map Area Unlocked-
Brookvale - Danger Level 4.

WORK IN PROGRESS
For now I'm going to keep going on this, but I'm still going to keep playing the game. If I missed something please reply and tell me!
I need help with this also, if you have any info tell me! And I'll include your username in the post.
Also, with people with issues with the game, take them somewhere else. This isn't a rant post.

• 175 Replies
iloveracecars
iloveracecars
199 posts
Blacksmith

@waky8 True it workd better when you give him the RPG tho.

iloveracecars
iloveracecars
199 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry Triple posting but just read my walkthrough again you can also get armor from the police station that is covered with zombies it is in the end of that police station in this room full of weapons. Or I think I'll have to check but you can buy some for the King-O-Pawn

cangunalp
cangunalp
1 posts
Nomad

how can ı get it free

PsychoRider13
PsychoRider13
2 posts
Nomad

very nice guide well done indeed, ps: not boring at all, i must say thought the game is very life like and scary

PsychoRider13
PsychoRider13
2 posts
Nomad

very nice guide well done indeed, ps: not boring at all, i must say thought the game is very life like and scary

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I think it's a decent armour. But heck, I don't bother with armour at all. Dump it if you want to.

you actually beat the game without armor, i take my hat off to you
HuberSeker
HuberSeker
1 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks man

wolffe23
wolffe23
9 posts
Nomad

u need the trash to get a acheivment

Alpha_CK
Alpha_CK
74 posts
Peasant

upgrade fire weapons is easy way to kill zombies

Fierrvo96
Fierrvo96
4 posts
Nomad

The achievements give you experience and there is one where you have to get 25 worthless stuff i think. So just at the beginning it's okay to pick up trash but once you receive the achievement you throw it away and stop picking the trash up.

Fierrvo96
Fierrvo96
4 posts
Nomad

Also later on in the game you don't have that much ammo for the guns you prefer so carry around a good melee, i had a mace the i got my battle axe. To get the mace you need to buy it at the first weapon store and the battle axe you need to get 50% of achievments.

Jarngreipr
Jarngreipr
7 posts
Nomad

Yeah. Late game, it's better to have melee weps. If you've found a chainsaw and some fuel tanks, you can pretty much fend off many of them. A sledge, katana or battle axe could be the secondary wep.

The description for the Smarts is pretty much confusing. I've played the game four times but I didn't pay much attention to it 'til I've played it for the fourth time. How much does it benefit the character in terms of books and exp?

Jarngreipr
Jarngreipr
7 posts
Nomad

only skills u ever need are 100+ Smarts so all manuals give you +7 stats ( don't use them before u max out the stat)

Sorry for the double post. Got 85+ Smarts and it's not much help. I even think it's fine if it's left at 70 something 'coz that's how much I receive from books and it seems like there's not much difference to the experience zombies give with or without that much (Smarts). Or am I wrong?
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Upgrade a lot in luck.

sand13
sand13
21 posts
Peasant

wow...great guide ..thanks

Showing 151-165 of 175