ForumsWEPRWhat type of Government do YOU believe is right?

221 55800
Thrillology
Thrillology
78 posts
Shepherd

This is just curiosity and so people can talk about how they feel about the government of their country or what government they believe is right.
Personally, I believe in a small government where the government hardly does anything to affect your life, but people just don't care nowadays what happens: They just want free stuff, like money, food to make them fatter, other free junk from what the government 'romises' also known as 'lies' and the government has just controlled people.
So, I believe in a small, democratic government that won't control your daily life. That would include Capitalism as well.

• 221 Replies
TreyWest
TreyWest
5 posts
Nomad

If you have the means, then you should put up more than those who don't.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

And how much more money would it take to audit the millions of people who are on welfare, hell how long would it take to find half of them.

uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

If you have the means, then you should put up more than those who don't.

You already have the freedom to put up as much as you like should you have the means. Under US tax law, it is legal to voluntarily pay MORE tax if you believe your share should be bigger.

Or do you believe that you should be FORCED to put up more?
uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

And how much more money would it take to audit the millions of people who are on welfare, hell how long would it take to find half of them.

Here's an idea. Shut off the tap. Stop all welfare payments and require people to re-apply under new criteria. Welfare is not meant to be a way of life, but rather a safety net to get people back on their feet. Unfortunately many people see welfare as an acceptable alternative to work.

Don't look for them, make them work for their hand outs. After all it is your (assuming you pay tax) and my money. You really want to just give it away to anyone?
uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

Wellfare is not enough to live on. People are not using it as an alternative, they are trying to live on it because they can't get jobs. They CAN'T work for their handouts, they would work if they could but they can't get jobs.

You are not supposed to LIVE on welfare. Welfare is supposed to be a temporary safety net to help you out while you find work. I see help wanted signs all over the place. There are businesses that are hiring. So jobs DO exist. Because of the bad economy it's just making it a little harder to find work. People can't be picky. Where I live there are tons of berry farms who simply cannot find enough people to work picking berries, so some of their fruit rots on the branch. So many people are just not willing to roll up their sleeves and WORK HARD.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Or do you believe that you should be FORCED to put up more?

Yes you should be, because our government is currently at a major deficit. Drastic times call for drastic measures, and unfortunately, those with money should be leaned on to give the government more money. In return, the government should sign a contract stating that when it is determined by an outside party that the government is fiscally independent and is borrowing less, then 50% of the money should be payed back either to the person or his/her heirs.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

You are not supposed to LIVE on welfare. Welfare is supposed to be a temporary safety net to help you out while you find work. I see help wanted signs all over the place. There are businesses that are hiring. So jobs DO exist. Because of the bad economy it's just making it a little harder to find work. People can't be picky. Where I live there are tons of berry farms who simply cannot find enough people to work picking berries, so some of their fruit rots on the branch. So many people are just not willing to roll up their sleeves and WORK HARD.

True and untrue.
A person who physically cannot work living off the state is not wrong.
A person who is offered a job, does not take it and goes on state benefits is wrong.

There may be hiring signs were you live, but the competition for jobs in my city is fierce. The unemployment levels are rising, affecting people from all walks of life. I applied for a job at a local supermarket, there were four jobs available and 250 people applied. Bear in mind they have to do the equality thing, one disabled person was hired, one catholic, one protestant and one senior.

That means only one of those spots was mine. Safe to say i didn't get the job.

Another job i applied for was the movie house: a graduate with a phd got that job. Graduates are applying for jobs they usually wouldn't. I'm not on benefits but i'm not against those who aren't because hey, times are tough.
uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

Yes you should be, because our government is currently at a major deficit. Drastic times call for drastic measures, and unfortunately, those with money should be leaned on to give the government more money. In return, the government should sign a contract stating that when it is determined by an outside party that the government is fiscally independent and is borrowing less, then 50% of the money should be payed back either to the person or his/her heirs.

That would equal more debt. If the government has to pay back a set amount of over-taxation upon balancing the budget, this is just another form of debt. It's like using a line of credit to pay off a credit card. The structural debt would remain, it just got transferred.

Here's an idea for a revenue increase that will have TEA party types ready to shoot me: How about a VAT/GST? 5% sales tax on all goods and services purchased. Groceries, medical services and other essentials of life are exempt. But if you want a new iPod iPhone iCrack whatever you pay 5% in tax? This would mean that those who CONSUME the most pay the most. When Canada introduced the GST back in I think 1989, the government was big time in debt with huge annual structural deficits. With a few years of GST revenue the budget was balanced and the debt was being paid down.

Yes, it would be unpopular, but sacrifice is needed when you're 14.9 TRILLION in the hole.
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
167 posts
Nomad

Anarchy and Intelligence.

How has that not gotten removed? In the forum rules it says too post with at least 7 words or it's considered spam.
angrymuffin
angrymuffin
17 posts
Nomad

[quote]How has that not gotten removed? In the forum rules it says too post with at least 7 words or it's considered spam.

how is this spam its an apinyon

uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

Fiscally conservative, socially libertarian. Democratic of course, but government should operate in such a way that you hardly even realize it's there.

Small government, more freedom.

ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

Democracy is as much a joke and so idealistic as communism is. Real, direct democracy involves no representatives. The people directly hold a vote and agree on a consensus to make decisions. This means no President or anything. In reality that's not possible due to the amount of bureaucracy in various nations and the fact human nature is more dangerous the more people there is involved. Communism and Democracy could work in a community, but even then its somewhat skeptical.

The best government in my eyes is a benevolent dictatorship.
And take a note. Every single nation that practices democracy is either a sham, or they follow "representative democracy."

Representative democracy is just a large corporate circus. You have to have allies to be able to fund you within an election for advertisement, political campaigning and bringing forth your message. This means that any party that wishes to have power, regardless of ideals, has to make compromises with any of those who support and fund them. And those compromises may be against the majority of the populations wishes.

I never believed in democracy for the fact it never supported the peoples interests. I believe in a dictatorship that is brought forth by the popular support of people. If the dictator has to kill and murder his enemies who oppose the majorities will so be it. Either way its a society that's governed by a man or woman who knows whats best for his society.

antiloopje
antiloopje
16 posts
Blacksmith

Idealistic and hard to achieve, but ... every civilian is part of the governement in a kind of huge internet (and real life) community. No longer choosing representatives, but voting for each and every law yourself.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

every civilian is part of the governement in a kind of huge internet

it's not safe or fair. hackers can hack the vote for 20.000 votes for this or that. and so it wins.
or vote for it like in elections? then you need to go voting evry day o multypol questions. keeping up whit all the things a governmment is doing will take way all your free time.

it's failing in so many ways in my eye's xD
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

in the netherlands we have a saying "on it's 11 and 30th" it means that progress is going very slow and that we are waiting for results for a while.

this saying comes from the politics in "friesland" (a dutch province).
they had representatives from all the city's (11) and all villages (30) in their council. and it was working so danm slow that it became a saying. they went so slow because they ware whit to many people for a to small piece of land. they all wanted something els and sometimes it toke even years befor a new road from 1 city to a other was made.

inmagion this whit all people from a country xD

Showing 76-90 of 221