Karllives

Karllives

1 post

I am stuck at level 9....anyone?

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 3:01pm

IRONHIDEGAMES

IRONHIDEGAMES

30 posts

Hi!!! Try archers (then musketeers) for the upper road, and Mages (then Sorcerer) for the other. don't place too many barracks...only 3 or 4 max. You need firepower to kill the final Boss. Tell me if this works for you.

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 7:50pm

AlderonArmor

AlderonArmor

230 posts

I find it very difficult to be honest. After the capital level it becomes almost impossible and don't get me started on the challenges.

Then again, I refuse to play on easy mode... but even so, it's ridiculously hard, mostly because you don't get enough gold.

Don't get me wrong though, epicly awesome flash game, but I wish I could get further. ):

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 8:41pm

rawwr123

rawwr123

307 posts

all i can say is quantity beats quality in this game, in other words spam archers and barracks :D

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 9:08pm

gorgse

gorgse

3 posts

Video walkthrough for all the levels of Kingdom Rush. Shows you how to get Gold on all the levels.

Kingdom Rush Walkthrough

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 9:10pm

derTiberius

derTiberius

25 posts

agree with rawwr123 partially. Indeed, you should always place as many towers as possible and upgrade then. Archers and Infantry work fine to finish the first nine lvls. Going into the advanced levels, Mages are critical, especially upgraded to level four. I only place one Bombard tower on the map, rarely upgrading it throughout the level - except the final level where it comes in useful as the tesla coil.

As for the archer towers, I place one of them each on the entries of the monsters, upgrading it to the rangers hideout. The poison and the web is an awesome help. At least one - two if space permits - additional one is for the sniper. Killing a Magma Elemental or Yeti with one shot is pretty helpful.

For the infantry. I use Paladins close to the entry, the Barbarians in the middle or at the end. I am not really sure yet how much different they are from each other, healing fellow soldiers is pretty neat against the wolfs and their variants. For infantry, moving their spawning area is important from my point of view. Especially when you get into the colder levels and the enemies walk behind the scenes through the mines and spawn somewhere else.

One example for the Icewind Pass: I have one infantry tower, covering the re-entry point on the lower right and the spawn point on the lower right. It kind of works. Also, change their position if they are under attack by shadow archers or other enemies attacking them from afar. Or block these enemies with reinforcements.

I use re-inforcements a lot. Even if enemies in later levels beat them with one wipe of their arm/weapon/thingy - in that time, my snipers and mages can do serious damage.

What else? Well, Place your infantries wisely. If alone in the field, without cover from Mages, Archers or the dwarves, they are not working effectively enough, let the enemie come a step closer into the the path, block them with soldiers, or - cheaper - reinforcements, and shoot the hell out of them with snipers or the tesla coil.

One question: How does one get the sasquatch out of its ice-prison? Tried to click like against the last two boss-special-attacks, but it doesn't crack a thing into the ice. Thanks for your help.

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 9:30pm

lito1988

lito1988

2 posts

@AlderonArmor
The game isn't that hard(on later levels is a challenge game), you just need to learn how and when use the towers. Tell me where you are stuck and I will try to help you.

@rawwr123
I disagree, it depends on the level you are playing.
If you didn't place Mages towers on later stages you will fail...for sure.
On early levels you can play without mages, but before stage 5 you need to start using both kind of towers, 1) Strong against Magic resistance (Archers..) And 2) Strong against Armor (Mages)...and of course barracks to block enemies.

Engineers works great on Stage 8 (Killing Spiders) and Stage 10 ( Killing Skeletons)

@derTiberius
you need to melt the ice, use the Rain of Fire Speel over the cave.

Thats all!

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 9:58pm

AlderonArmor

AlderonArmor

230 posts

Alright, for example. Level 4 heroic challenge. HOW THE FECK DO YOU CLEAR IT? I can reach the last wave, but never clear. I'm upgraded everywhere that matters and I've tried every god**** combination of towers.

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 11:07pm

killkid

killkid

39 posts

you have to drop a meteor on the ice to get out the Sasquatch.

Posted Jul 29, '11 at 11:32pm

comicalrlf

comicalrlf

12 posts

For level 9, make sure to use the sun ray on the boss

Reply to Kingdom Rush - General Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!