Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Kingdom Rush - General Discussion

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 7:15pm

Dregus2

Dregus2

440 posts

I can beat level 10 using only barracks. I upgrade them to barbarian and buy all the advanced upgrades except the net. They are pretty powerful. But it's best to use fully upgraded artillery because they do massive area damage and can target flying enemies.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 8:09pm

IRONHIDEGAMES

IRONHIDEGAMES

30 posts

just curious....did any of you had clicked (3 times) on the polymorphed sheeps?

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 8:26pm

Xiphe

Xiphe

1 post

For those after the "Facebook/Twitter stars," simply load your game and on the map screen you should see a grey bar at the top with an arrow on it.  Click this and Facebook/Twitter links will open.  This is the only way to get the two stars IF you did not click on them when the message appeared early in the game.  Clicking on the links on the main menu will NOT WORK!!

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 9:05pm

Lovely7890

Lovely7890

120 posts

I think this game is really difficult believe it or not compared to other tower defense games.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 9:22pm

tom0000009

tom0000009

183 posts

I think its a great game, by the way, which one do you people think is better, paladins or barbarians. I used paladins cause of their better defenses.

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 12:48am

Eddy01741

Eddy01741

354 posts

My thoughts of the "final upgrades" for towers and their use:

Archer Tower:

Musketeer:
Mainly nice for the massive range, highest tower range in game easily. However the abilities aren't that great. Sniper shot is straight up worse than arcane wizard's death ray (2 second shorter cooldown, but not a guaranteed kill) Shrapnel is decent, but unreliable due to the fact that placement of musketeer's isn't gonna be in the best AOE zones

Rangers:
I prefer these vastly to the Musketeers. Their DPS is considerably higher due to the massive rate of fire and poison. The traps are very useful as they not only deal a lot of damage but they trap enemies for up to 3 seconds.

Barracks:

Barbarians:
Only good for the throwing axe in my opinion. Traps don't really do much since the point of barracks is to slow people down in general. Double axes is decent but once you get to the later levels all the demons that explode on death kill barbarians that get in too close. Throwing axe is good for additional anti-air firepower and if you have a meatshield in front of you to spam the throwing axes with impunity.

Paladins:
I prefer these in general because the shield upgrade and the heal upgrade makes them **** hard to kill. Heavy armor is ridiculous first of all. It's annoying as hell having to use non magic towers on heavy armor opponents, so just imagine all the enemy minions having to attack your paladins with high armor. Also, the holy strike gives them good damage that's AOE so it is effective against multitudes of enemies.

Mages

Sorcerer Mage:
Good mostly for the golem. Golem is like a full upgraded group of paladins, okay, slight exaggeration, but really, tons of health and AOE damage, and it still spawns every 8 seconds. THe polymorph just sucks compared to death ray, same cooldown, still only affects a single target. Instead of outright killing the target, it turns them into a sheep.

Arcane Wizard:
I like to place these near the end of the path. Since my other towers likely have killed all the fodder enemies, death ray is only gonna be targeting the strong ones that get through. Teleport also makes anybody else go through your gauntlet of towers once again.

Artillery

Big Bertha:
Not a fan of the Dragonbreath Launcher missles. However the cluster bomb has amazing AOE and clears out skeletons and other mobbed up fodder enemies like nothing else.

Tesla:
I like the AOE around the tower with every shot, which makes up for the target limit (of 5) from the electric bolts. Used at a 180 degree corner this thing is godly because of the AOE damage around the tower, but anywhere else the AOE is lacking.

TL;DR: Rangers>Musketeers, Paladins>Barbarians, Sorcerers near begining of path, and where you need golems to provide "resistance", arcane wizards at the end of paths. Tesla at a very sharp corner in the path, otherwise Big Bertha. That's all my opinion though.

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 5:24am

derTiberius

derTiberius

25 posts

Not a fan of the Dragonbreath Launcher missles. However the cluster bomb has amazing AOE and clears out skeletons and other mobbed up fodder enemies like nothing else.

I have to admit, I kind of like the missile. It has extreme range, accuracy and - the best part from my point of view - if the target is killed before the missile reaches it, it searches for the next one.

Good mostly for the golem. Golem is like a full upgraded group of paladins, okay, slight exaggeration, but really, tons of health and AOE damage, and it still spawns every 8 seconds. THe polymorph just sucks compared to death ray, same cooldown, still only affects a single target. Instead of outright killing the target, it turns them into a sheep.

I try to have the first mage tower one of them though. The lower armor is pretty nice. And morphing enemies into sheep has their benefits as well.

great review, though!

@IRONHIDEGAMES

just curious....did any of you had clicked (3 times) on the polymorphed sheeps?

I am not sure if it was me or one of the towers, but could it be that those sheep behave just like ordinary ones? :D

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 5:37am

derTiberius

derTiberius

25 posts

sorry for the double post

@AlderonArmor:

Well, I've finished this game with all stars. I didn't say I never used Barracks, far from it. Almost every level I'd put a few down, but comparing them directly to other towers? No contest, it's weak.

And saying they are useful for slowing enemies down... have you not seen the horde waves? You would need 4-5 barracks to catch all the enemies and your men would simply be slaughtered anyway, that's the other problem about barracks, unless they are FULLY upgraded, they die far too easily

I hear what you are saying and agree. Infantry is nothing else but feed to the enemies. However, try to kill a horde of Demon Hounds with a Dwarven Howitzer or even mage towers. They are too fast and too far away from each other. Stopping them, even if it was only for a few seconds, kills them.

So, all I was trying to say is: They are not useless. You need them to win all the stars, as you will probably need the other towers as well. But you wrote that already :)

Another drawback of Infantry: You can not lure all the enemies into the area where your artillery, mage and arrow towers are. Necromancers, Shadow Archers and Troll Champions simply stand out of their range and kill them one by one from afar. I do not like that.

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 5:38am

embetapdi2007

embetapdi2007

3 posts

any1 here have problem like me ? i up max for reinforcements, but they cant attack flying enemy ?

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 8:49am

Gloim

Gloim

2 posts

@derTiberius
"I am not sure if it was me or one of the towers, but could it be that those sheep behave just like ordinary ones? :D"

Yes they do for me - but you need a few more clicks ;D

Reply to Kingdom Rush - General Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!