Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Kingdom Rush - General Discussion

Posted Aug 2, '11 at 5:14pm

R3LOAD

R3LOAD

433 posts

and fully upgraded reinforcements. The throwing spears are so good!

^^ This.
I found that at first, the reinforcement upgrades didn't do much, but once you get the throwing spears, it helps a lot.

I just build a barracks or two, find a decent rally point and surround them with towers, each one will have atleast a Marksmen, Mage and Artillery tower supporting them.

Once you unlock barbarians and sorcerer towers, the game becomes so much easier. Just upgrade to Warriors to Barbarians, buy throwing axe and hunting nets upgrades, upgrade Mages to Sorcerers, and buy both upgrades for those, is what I do.

For archers, half my towers will be muskets, and half Rangers.

I don't use artillery asmuch, and if I do I never feel the need to upgrade them very much, but if I do, I'll upgrade to big Bertha, and buy all upgrades for that. (:

I made a walkthrough, but I deleted the videos and started again.
Check them out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVzMgJjgm5c

Posted Aug 2, '11 at 6:41pm

AlderonArmor

AlderonArmor

230 posts

Actually all towers in all locations isn't needed. You can judge during the level where you should place towers. Generally one path will have armoured enemies and another won't, so you should put down heavy mage on one path and heavy archer on the other.

Artillery is fantastic and almost every level it should be used, you just can't beat aoe damage, big bertha is great, but combine it with the tesla to really clear them out.

Barracks you rarely need, it's the most useless tower, sometimes it helps to slow them down for a second or two, but even then I very rarely ever upgrade them past level 2.

Ranger towers are indispensible and you should use these frequently, muskets are good but very expensive to upgrade to their max potential.

For mage towers sorcerers are clearly the better choice because of the awesome golem, stick a few of them down in a small area and nothing will get past them.

Posted Aug 2, '11 at 9:17pm

embetapdi2007

embetapdi2007

3 posts

i upgraded max for reinforcement, and surprise, they dont throw spear to flying enemy ?

Posted Aug 2, '11 at 11:09pm

AlderonArmor

AlderonArmor

230 posts

You were on a challenge level with a maximum upgrade limit.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 5:14am

xxkeegiexx

xxkeegiexx

10 posts

What is "MAX GLOBAL UPGRADE LEVEL ALLOWED:"?

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 5:34am

derTiberius

derTiberius

25 posts

Barracks you rarely need, it's the most useless tower, sometimes it helps to slow them down for a second or two, but even then I very rarely ever upgrade them past level 2.

I don't agree with that. There is no most useless tower in this game - which makes it fantastic by the way. Barracks, fully upgraded to either Paladins or the Barbarians can stop enemies for a long time and can give your artillery or the archers the time they need to kill them on the spot.

I try to build two to three spots where enemies are stopped through infantry and kill them with everything else.

I'm trying to work out a short overview of the towers and their pros and cons in the next day or two.

Again, from my point of view, there is no worst tower. However, there are definately places where one tower is better than the other or does not make very much sense.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 5:51am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

What is "MAX GLOBAL UPGRADE LEVEL ALLOWED:"?

Look page six, it will answer your question.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 7:19am

R3LOAD

R3LOAD

433 posts

I also disagree, I find barracks to be very useful. Use them to block enemies in a decent area for your other towers to pound them for a bit and it makes the level far easier. Upgrading to barbarians is my favourite, since they can kill flying enemies, AND slow them down with hunting nets, AND they actually do some decent melee damage.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 12:20pm

Awesomeyi

Awesomeyi

67 posts

I personally think that Barracks are the most important tower in the game. Mage towers are also very useful. I personally use the Sorcerer tower the most. I max it out with Barbarians, upgrade their throwing axes and put a stone golem in the middle.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 5:10pm

AlderonArmor

AlderonArmor

230 posts

Well, I've finished this game with all stars. I didn't say I never used Barracks, far from it. Almost every level I'd put a few down, but comparing them directly to other towers? No contest, it's weak.

And saying they are useful for slowing enemies down... have you not seen the horde waves? You would need 4-5 barracks to catch all the enemies and your men would simply be slaughtered anyway, that's the other problem about barracks, unless they are FULLY upgraded, they die far too easily

Reply to Kingdom Rush - General Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!