Karllives
1 posts

I am stuck at level 9....anyone?

• 511 Replies
derTiberius
derTiberius
25 posts

How much does lightning do.
It is a random value and depends on the armor of the enemy. Usually you can kill a Bandit or a Demon Spawn. Also, Demon Imps are not an issue. However, skeletons, especially Skeleton Knights are not always killed by the lightning. I have also seen that Necromancers are not very much impacted by it even though their armor is very low for both physical and magic damage.

the iron challenges seem easier than the heroic challenges, or is it just me. the hardest challenge so far is the fish...or stop playing for sleep both about equal.

For all levels but one I had the same impression. Especially in normal difficulty, the heroic challenges are quite intense. However, if you can't find the right setup of towers, you will lose the iron challenge of lvl 12 every time. From my point of view, this one was the most difficult one and I felt very lucky to win this one without the premium content once to get the achievement

@Jimmi123: This is going to be a long one for you

Note: I have all the upgrades. If you don't, save on the infantry and put all others to the max. You will see why.
Note2: Even though I have premium content, I switched it off for this level. You can win this without the lightnings and the extra-reinforcement.
Note3: I know that there are videos out there that might explain this level better, faster, with more colors and less grammar mistakes, but maybe this one helps anyone as well

OK, here we go.

I start everything with just a few towers:
Wave 1

Artillery and Archers are upgraded to lvl 3, Infantry lvl 2, the rest is basic. The first Meteor is on the upper left to stop some of the demon spawns.

Wave 2 remains more or less the same. I called the wave early to strike with just another meteor.
Wave 2

With the start of Wave 3, we expand the number of towers a bit. At the start of both entries, I built archer towers. In addition a mage and another artillery in the center row.
Wave 3

Upgrades time before the start of Wave four. The lower archer tower becomes a Rangers hideout to support both the artillery and hit enemies approaching from the back. Also, the other archer tower close to the graveyard is upgraded once.

Wave 4

During wave four, I built the last towers. The right entry road is completed with a mage and another archer tower. At the very end of the road, I built a second infantry tower for safety.

Wave 5

During wave five, I do not do too much in terms of upgrading of towers. Two mage towers in the center become lvl 2. The left infantry becomes lvl 3.

Wave 6

Wave six itself is the first quite intense wave from my point of view. I upgraded the artillery tower close to the grave to a tesla coil and also upgraded it with Supercharged Bolt (1) and Overcharge (1). This does cost a lot of gold so I can not do very much else. The archer tower close to the graveyard is upgraded to lvl 3. That's all before we hit wave 7.

Wave 7

The rocket riders in Wave 7 do not give too much gold to use. So, only minor tower upgrades are possible. The entry archer towers now both are on level 2, the other two are both level 3. That's all and we're happy enough to kill both the rocket riders and the other minions which occupy the archers. A note here: This is one of two occasions where I put the reinforcements not at the end of the road but in the center. Their throwing spears help nicely here.

Wave 8

During Wave 8, I upgrade the center mage tower (lvl 3) and the second artillery (lvl 2). Also, the rangers hideout becomes a little bit nasty with the poisoned arrows (2).

Wave 9

During wave 9 you are faced with the necromancers again. If you can't kill them with one meteor, don't worry too much. If you can early-call the next wave, you can hit the rest with just another one. In terms of tower upgrades, the tesla coil now is fully upgraded, the other archer tower close to the graveyard becomes a second rangers hideout. Also the lower mage tower is now on lvl 3. As you can see on the picture below, now it becomes important to prioritize the towers you do not want to get blocked. I generally choose the tesla coil and its right neighbour to be prio 1, the other artillery and the left mage tower prio 2. The rest is nice to have and a matter of your own click-speed.

Wave 10

Wave 10 sees another round of tower upgrades, thanks to the number of high quality enemies. The center mage tower becomes an Arcane Wizard tower (no more upgrades to it). The right mage tower gets to lvl 2. The infantry becomes a Barbarian hall. If possible, upgrade the throwing axes right away to support them. The lower armor makes them more vulnerable against the demon spawns popping up in this and the next waves. I use the barbarians though. The reason is their faster respawn. Paladins might have higher armor, but if demon spawns die in front of them, they harm them a lot. And waiting longer for respawning of your troops can mean you simply can get overrun. Also, in the unlikely event of any flying enemy getting through, the throwing axes kill them quite effectively.

The other infantry tower is now lvl 2 - its final upgrade.

Wave 11

Wave 11 is not too difficult. Be careful not to get your most important towers blocked. I upgraded the second artillery to level 3. Maybe something I should have done earlier, but better late than never. Also the right neighbour of it across the road becomes a Musketeer tower. Try to save 250 gold to let it become a sniper tower right away. One point there is usually enough â" depending on your resources this can be completed later.

Wave 12

During wave 12, the second artillery becomes the Big Bertha and nearly all of my resources are used to upgrade it right away completely with Cluster Launcher and Dragonbreath Launcher. I like the rocket a lot. Since it does area damage, it can be used against multiple enemies. Also, in case a targeted enemy is killed before the rocket hits it, the rocket searches for another enemy on its own. Pretty sweet in case you fight against a real mass horde. Also the Cluster is awesome against enemies with low and medium armor â" Demon Spawns, Demon hounds and nearly all of the dark knights donât even come close to the graveyard.

Wave 13

Wave 13 is a lovely one. A lot of enemies with a lot of HP to kill. With this, it provides good resources though. The entry archer towers are now both ranger hideouts, the lower mage tower becomes a sorcerer mage tower, lowering the armor of the big guys. Also the right mage tower is now lvl 3. The sorcerer mage will not get any updates. The golem is nice, but you don't need it in this level. Also the transformation into a sheep does help, but for me, it is more important to kill a lot of enemies simultaneously than to kill one or two with one strike. This is why I do not use any special attacks from neither the arcane wizard as well. I am ok with their firepower as it is and lowering the armor (sorcerer) is a great help.

Wave 14

Wave 14, the last 'normal' wave before it becomes serious. Not too much upgrades in the towers. Just make sure, you have your special attacks at the right place. The second rangers hideout now gets poison too. The lower one gets wrath of the forest upgraded to the maximum. If you have the resources, add poison also to both of the towers close to the entry points. Priorize on the left one.

Wave 15

Wave 15 should not be a huge issue for you with the setup. The only visible upgrade is the right upper mage tower which is now an Arcane Wizard. You can also have a second sorcerer here to lower the Big Boss's armor later, but you'll see that it is not really needed Make sure, you have all your rangers hideouts maxed with poison abilities before the wave is over. Also big bertha should be upgraded to the max by now.

Vez'nan

Be careful, spoiler ahead. If you don't want to know the little surprise KingdomRush has for you with level 12âs Boss, don't read any further.

Well, Vez'nan became a little bit more difficult during one of the upgrades. While his hitpoints were 4K/6.66K in the past, now they are 6666 for both of his reincarnations. Both of them kill infantry with one strike. This is why I don't really build any infantries as obstacles. Place your reinforcements in front of him though to stop him a little bit. Any little piece of time is crucial with this big Melonfarmer . With the meteors and your firepower, you should not have any issues killing him though before he is close to the graveyard.

One note on the priorizations when he tries to block your towers. Of course, now it becomes important that all towers that can hit him are active. So, keep Big Bertha under control and the left rangers hideouts. Next come the lower hideout and the tesla tower. That usually should do it.

Vez'nan end

Hope this helps a little bit. And I hope this post is readable a bit Cheers!
9tony9
9tony9
1 posts

Listen don't waste your time and money on the Sasquatch Its terrible because he just gets spammed by those axe throwing trolls well if you still want it you use rain of fire on the ice then pay 500 dollars that's it

Awesomeyi
Awesomeyi
125 posts

My best strategy is putting your stone golem in front of a bunch of barbarians with maxed out throwing axes.

marcoatlou
marcoatlou
2 posts

the iron challenges seem easier than the heroic challenges, or is it just me. the hardest challenge so far is the fish...or stop playing for sleep both about equal.

Same impression here. The normal levels were more difficult than the heroic/iron ones. Perhaps because of the amount of gold that you start with.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
614 posts

how do you catch the fish? I've been trying but i can't... anyone have any ideas?

derTiberius
derTiberius
25 posts

@kingofwar1234

how do you catch the fish? I've been trying but i can't... anyone have any ideas?

Try Twin River Pass and click on a fish while it is out of the water. Your mouse icon will change as if you hover over a link. Good luck fishing

Listen don't waste your time and money on the Sasquatch Its terrible because he just gets spammed by those axe throwing trolls well if you still want it you use rain of fire on the ice then pay 500 dollars that's it

Well, it is worth spending the gold for an achievement though. But I agree. I haven't bought the sasquatch at all but once.
freefalfred
freefalfred
2 posts

Dunno if anyone can help... I have finish all the first 11 levels at 3* plus the 2 other stages for every level. I also bought premium content. I now have 70 stars out of 77, but the thing is... I dont have any other levels to play...

How do I get access to that last level? And where would the other 2 stars be missing from?

Thanks

derTiberius
derTiberius
25 posts

Dunno if anyone can help... I have finish all the first 11 levels at 3* plus the 2 other stages for every level. I also bought premium content. I now have 70 stars out of 77, but the thing is... I dont have any other levels to play...

How do I get access to that last level? And where would the other 2 stars be missing from?

You get access to Level 12 once you beat level 11. Beneath the Forsaken Valley, there is the last fight. Complete this one and the two challenges for the last five stars you can get out of the game.

The other two are for the taking once you like them on Facebook and follow them on twitter. Click on the little arrow pointing to the bottom at the very top of the game screen.
kkrrkumar
kkrrkumar
2 posts

[4] - Activate/Cancel Sunray Tower.

can anyone help me with this... where is it in game ?

freefalfred
freefalfred
2 posts

@derTiberius of course I have finished level 11 with the 2 challenges if I have 70 stars... Found the 2 others from FB and Twitter and now im stuck at 72 out of 77 with nothing else to do :///

susilo
susilo
94 posts

lv 9 is really easy after i watch the video... but i make me so lazy to play fairly... hahahahah <-- i cant speak english well

derTiberius
derTiberius
25 posts

@freefalfred: Then I would say, you have found a bug in the game. Make a screenshot and send it over to Ironhidegames

@kkrrkumar the sunray tower can only be used in the stormcloud temple level. Hire at least one sorcerer - 4 max - and they charge the tower.

kkrrkumar
kkrrkumar
2 posts

@derTiberius thanks for ur reply.

mappy20
mappy20
2 posts

how long did it take you all to beat the game?

IRONHIDEGAMES
IRONHIDEGAMES
30 posts

Freefalfred
Send me a screenshot of the map to pablo@ironhidegames.com please.

Showing 181-195 of 511