Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Developer's Corner Suggestion

Posted Nov 13, '11 at 2:34pm

11pikachu11

11pikachu11

124 posts

i think on AG3 that people should be able to re-rate games but not get more AP!!

Posted Nov 13, '11 at 4:21pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,689 posts

Knight

It's really cool to know that Armor Games is doing it's best to support it's developers and potential developers.

Yep, and the programming part of the community might even grow more.

So even when they make a forum post? Will developers be able to make announcements to the people that follow them?

In closed beta when you followed people all you would get was what they posted on their profile, like status updates. So if you follow them and they make an announcement on their profile you will see it.

i think on AG3 that people should be able to re-rate games but not get more AP!

Irrelevant to this thread but that is planned.

Posted Jan 3, '12 at 4:06am

RaonAbsoluteZERO

RaonAbsoluteZERO

21 posts

I have some good idea about this project, maybe some of the good game developers, can subscribe to a certain place, where they can help the beginer developers! The mini-dev asks some questions, and the good-dev select them and answer them, also if the question was good, it shall appear to a "game making FAQ" section with the answer :D!
Furthermore, we shall have some games, sorted in the order of complexity, and next to it, a "how to make" button, where we will be shown how the game has been made, from scratch.

Posted Jan 3, '12 at 4:37pm

insertusername

insertusername

4 posts

I just recently got a username but have been on the site for a very long time.  I just noticed a link i have never noticed before, how long has Ag3 been available?

Posted Jan 3, '12 at 4:45pm

insertusername

insertusername

4 posts

Raon not really sure what that has to do with ag3 but there are already programs you can buy like the one you described

Posted Jan 3, '12 at 9:18pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,689 posts

Knight

Only problem with your idea is that barely any game developers check the forums. And if they do then they most likely don't post as often. But there are a few programmers who occasionally post in the Programming Help section.

The only way I see Armor Games gaining a larger programming community is if they accept all appropriate games, instead of judging them based on quality. As long as it's a game and fits with the rules of the site then it would be posted on the site. That would be mimicking Kongregate though, so I doubt they'd do that.

And all games are made differently, so that wouldn't work well. If you require a guide of some sort then you should check out the stickied threads in the Programming Help section and Google some things. Not to mention you can't simply learn and suddenly gain knowledge how to make a game from a small tutorial like that, it takes months to learn how to code properly and the like.

Posted Jan 4, '12 at 5:03am

Redblade

Redblade

9 posts

I don't think they should only post flash games on AG,they should also post flash movies.I posted some on Newgrounds.But my bro entered into their mature site.got grounde for a long time and distrust from parents when I'm on thee computer.One reason I switched to AG.=P

Posted Jan 19, '12 at 3:30am

GodOfWar35

GodOfWar35

191 posts

Hey guys ! Upgrade the all forum's systems and themes ! It lacks of convenience ! Add Yahoo Faces, can post pictures and videos instead of links or URLs, can fix the comments or forums posted, Forum rating,...

Posted Jun 2, '12 at 4:29am

lew112

lew112

15 posts

I would like it if you could put like an url or embed code bit on the submit games section. Because i make games on a website that provides you game making programs. And i recently made a game that was a hit!

Posted Jun 2, '12 at 6:34am

IceDrakeknight

IceDrakeknight

361 posts

Developers must also have a twitter account for the peeps to be followed, And has a group that'l be liked on facebook to get the recent updates and developments of what the developers have certain plans from the future.

Reply to Developer's Corner Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!