ForumsForum GamesA Hero in a Dungeon RPG/Beta (See Page 5 to sign up)

188 29746
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

This is an RPG, you have been warned. Three spots at the time.

You sir, are a hero, or atleast very courageous. Because you just chose to destroy an evil lord that is plaguing the little town that you swore to protect...for free! The evil lord lives in an evil lair that looks a bit like a big dungeon. But watch out! There is always competition. Go now hero! Make me proud!

Anyways, the goal is to get to the evil lord and beat him before the other players do. The dungeon is a maze made out of many different rooms. You can find traps, items and who knows what else. The adventure takes place in medieval fantasy time.

How to play
The game is pretty simple, you have, usually, more then one decision you can choose from, each with their own consequences. Choose wisely and smart and maybe you might just end up in one piece after this.

Attributes and stats
Stats are attributed to skills that you can perfect during your mission. Here is a list of the following skills you can have:
-Strenght (More damage you do)
-Charisma (more chances of persuading someone)
-Precision (more chances of hitting someone)
-Endurance (more health and more defensive points)
-Agility (more chances of evading ennemy attacks)

Classes
There are different classes, but they do not directly affect your stats, thus giving you full liberty to customize. What the classes really do, is to give you adventages and disadvantages during the game. Here are the different classes:
-Mage (+Range attacks, -melee attacks, ++light areas, -darken areas)
-Necromancer (++Ally spawning/mind controlling, --melee attacks, -light areas, +darken areas)
-Warrior (--Range attacks, ++melee attacks, +Endurance)
-Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
-Mastermind (-Range attacks, -melee attacks, +light areas, +darken areas, +Every stat)
-Ranger (++Range attacks, -melee attacks)

(-)= -25% handicap
(--)= -50% handicap
(+)= +25% enhancement
(++)= +50% enhancement

How to fight
You can talk to someone that has an intelligence level of 5 or more, if their intelligence is lower then 5, then it will be hard for you to avoid fighting. You can also engage in fights with other players, if you ever meet them. Fights always takes into account the environment (light or darken). You always get a chance to flee, but if you fail, you will get a 20% handicap for the next turn. Anyways, this is how you play:

Everytime you engage in a fight, your stats (which you have to post every turn) will play a key role in the fight, but not only them, you also have your equipment, which will enhance you fighting skills. So here is an example of a fight.

You:

Strength 10
Current sword strength 8

10*8=80

You would be able to do 80 damage a turn, but it's not certain, because there are other factors.

1. Every sword (or weapon) has a number of times it can hit, let's say, for this example, that your sword can hit 3 times in one attack. That would make 80*3=240, right? Not exactly.

2. Not every hit is a clear shot, you have chances of hitting the target or missing it, the chances will always be indicated before you attack. For this example, we could have a 60% chance hit for every hit.

3.Armor, strong endurance, spells, traps, or other special affection can stop you from dealing as much damage as youn would of hoped for. But they can work on both ways of course.

Well, I think that covers a bit of this RPG, I will continue writing more about it, and I will not launch the RPG right away. You can still sigh up by completing the sheet below:

Name:
Sex:

Skills: (10 points can be spend)
-Endurance: 0
-Strenght: 0
-Charisma: 0
-Intelligence: 7
-Agility: 0

Too late to join? Don't worry, you can still sigh up and I will contact you once a spot is free or once a hero finished the quest.

This RPG is still in beta, consider yourself a beta tester if you want. feedback is always great.

Updates on the RPG will always come, as I work hard on this

• 188 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

The map is done! I'm just putting in the last little touches and then we can start.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

I'm am not going to say how to make your player's sheet, because you are free to do it as you wish. What I will tell you is the elements that you need in your sheet:

-Skills
-Name
-Class
-Inventory
-Attack
-Health

Recommended (but not necessary):

-Side Quests
-Map

Update v0.4
*Added Attacks (The different attacks you have)
-Mage: Energy bolt (Range, Neutral, 13dmg, 75% chance of hit, hits 2 times)
-Necromancer: Summon frog (Unique, Dark, 10hp, 4dmg, 65%, hits 5)
-Warrior: Strike (Melee, Neutral, 5dmg, 60%, hits 4)
-Soldier: Strike (Melee, Light, 3dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Mastermind: Nothing special
-Ranger: Bow (Range, Neutral, 2dmg, 80%, hits 5)
An other attack for everybody is the &quotunch" attack (Melee, Neutral, 2dmg, 65%, hits 3). The soldier and Warrior class do 3 dmg instead of 2.
*Added Health
Everyone has 50hp to start with. But the Necromancer and the Mage have 35.

And that's it! During the game, if you ever find something unbalanced, let me know, and I'll try my best to fix it.

The first match will start tomorrow. Sleep well heroes.

Roty
Roty
779 posts
Nomad

Ugh. I sign up, call me once there's free spot.

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Name:Phlegm Lemmington
Sex: Male
Class: Warrior

Skills: (10 points can be spend)
-Endurance: 3
-Strenght: 4
-Charisma: 2
-Agility: 1
Ok!

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

you have to tell us how to make a sheet so it will be equall for everyone.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

The Health has been changed, Every class gets +30hp

Okay, here is the a sheet example:

Name: Example1
Health: 65
Class: Mage

Skills:

-Endurance: 2
-Strenght: 3
-Charisma: 5
-Agility: 5

Attacks:
-Energy bolt (You can put the stats beside the attacks if you want)
-Punch

Inventory:
Empty

Side Quests:
None

Map:
4 rooms discovered (just an example, it's 0 for you guys now)

Once three players have joined (by filling out the official sheet) we will be able to start

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zarrow
Health: 80
Class: Soldier

Skills:

-Endurance: 3
-Strenght: 5
-Agility: 2
-Precision: 3

Attacks:
-Strike (Melee, Light, 3dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Punch

Inventory:
Empty

Side Quests:
None

Map:
0 rooms discovered

Alright then let's get started...

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@wil4813, you have to post your character sheet again properly

@zyba Accepted! only 2 more players. Also, the soldier's strike does 4dmg. I tested the classes, and 4dmg is more balanced.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

you know you have to post everything all over again not just the example sheet. the classes, the number of stat points we can spend and everything else. you might have changed things you forgot to say and its difficult to make a sheet based on 2 different pages.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Name:Leon Winterblade

Skills:

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Name: Leon Winterblade
Class: Soldier

Skills:

Attacks:
-Ice spear
-Punch

Inventory:
Empty

Side Quests:
None

Map:
0 rooms discovered
Srry only saw stats

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Name: Leon Winterblade

Skills:

Attacks:
-Ice spear
-Punch

Inventory:
Empty

Side Quests:
None

Map:
0 rooms discovered
Srry only saw stats grr i am stupid 2day

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

okay I'll put the way to make the sheet again:

How to play
The game is pretty simple, you have, usually, more then one decision you can choose from, each with their own consequences. Choose wisely and smart and maybe you might just end up in one piece after this.

Attributes and stats
Stats are attributed to skills that you can perfect during your mission. Here is a list of the following skills you can have:
-Strength (More damage you do)
-Charisma (more chances of persuading someone)
-Precision (more chances of hitting someone)
-Endurance (more health and more defensive points)
-Agility (more chances of evading enemy attacks)
-Magical Power (Strength of your magical hits)
Classes
There are different classes, but they do not directly affect your stats, thus giving you full liberty to customize. What the classes really do, is to give you advantages and disadvantages during the game. Here are the different classes:
-Mage (+Range attacks, -melee attacks, ++light areas, -darken areas)
-Necromancer (++Ally spawning/mind controlling, --melee attacks, -light areas, +darken areas)
-Warrior (--Range attacks, ++melee attacks, +Endurance)
-Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
-Mastermind (-Range attacks, -melee attacks, +light areas, +darken areas, +Every stat)
-Ranger (++Range attacks, -melee attacks)

(-)= -25% handicap
(--)= -50% handicap
(+)= +25% enhancement
(++)= +50% enhancement

To start with, you can add a total of 15 points.

Health and Attack
Every class has 80hp, The Necromancer and Mage class are exceptions, as they have 65hp.

Every class starts with default attacks. Here is a list of different attacks:

-Mage: Energy bolt (Range, Neutral, 13dmg, 75% chance of hit, hits 2 times)
-Necromancer: Summon frog (Unique, Dark, 10hp, 4dmg, 65%, hits 5)
-Warrior: Strike (Melee, Neutral, 5dmg, 60%, hits 4)
-Soldier: Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Mastermind: Nothing special
-Ranger: Bow (Range, Neutral, 2dmg, 80%, hits 5)
An other attack for everybody is the &quotunch" attack (Melee, Neutral, 2dmg, 65%, hits 3). The soldier and Warrior class do 3 dmg instead of 2.

How to fight
You can talk to someone that has an intelligence level of 5 or more, if their intelligence is lower then 5, then it will be hard for you to avoid fighting. You can also engage in fights with other players, if you ever meet them. Fights always takes into account the environment (light or darken). You always get a chance to flee, but if you fail, you will get a 20% handicap for the next turn. Anyways, this is how you play:

Every time you engage in a fight, your stats (which you have to post every turn) will play a key role in the fight, but not only them, you also have your equipment, which will enhance you fighting skills. So here is an example of a fight.

You:

Strength 10
Current Attack strength 8

10*8=80

You would be able to do 80 damage a turn, but it's not certain, because there are other factors.

1. Every sword (or weapon) has a number of times it can hit, let's say, for this example, that your sword can hit 3 times in one attack. That would make 80*3=240, right? Not exactly.

2. Not every hit is a clear shot, you have chances of hitting the target or missing it, the chances will always be indicated before you attack. For this example, we could have a 60% chance hit for every hit.

3.Armor, strong endurance, spells, traps, or other special affection can stop you from dealing as much damage as you would of hoped for. But they can work on both ways of course.

Personal Map
Every room has a name, once you discovered a room, it is added in your personal map. If you ever want to go back to a room, just say the name, and I'll tell you how to get back. Why is this necessary? Well, the dungeon is a maze, you will sometimes need to get back on your tracks. The personal map will help you. You can keep track of all the rooms by posting a list on this thread, write them down on a piece of paper or simply take a mental note of it.

Inventory
You will find many items (including gold, that you can spend in shops). They will be stored in your inventory. You do start with one item, the "back-from-the-grave pill". That pill allows you to come back from the grave, if you ever die.

How to lose
You die.

How to win
You kill the evil Lord before the other players do. There are many ways to do so.

Leveling up
Every time you kill an enemy, you get to put 0.1 skill point to one of your skills. Some stronger foes will give your more experience points of course.

More Rules
You don't need to post your character sheet every time you say something, but it is highly recommended to post it every time something changes. Questions and suggestions can either go on my profile or on the thread.

Well, I think that covers a bit of this RPG, I will continue writing more about it. You can still sign up by completing the sheet below (Everyone please re-do your sheet, because you guys have some mistakes.) :

Name:
Health:
Sex:

Skills: (Add a total of 15 points)

-Endurance:
-Strenght:
-Charisma:
-Intelligence:
-Agility:

Attacks:
-*Place your class' Attack here* (You can put the stats beside the attacks if you want)
-Punch

Inventory:
1X back-from-the-grave pill

Side Quests:
None

Map:
0 Rooms Discovered

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

ooops, and you get 7 intelligence with the 15 points.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Storm Dragon
Health:80/80
Sex:F
Class:Mastermind
Skills:
-Endurance:5
-Strength:5
-Charisma:4
-Intelligence:8
-Agility:5
Attacks:
-Punch(Melee, Neutral, 2dmg, 65%, hits 3)
Inventory:
1X back-from-the-grave pill
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 Rooms Discovered

Showing 31-45 of 188