ForumsForum GamesA Hero in a Dungeon RPG/Beta (See Page 5 to sign up)

188 29749
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

This is an RPG, you have been warned. Three spots at the time.

You sir, are a hero, or atleast very courageous. Because you just chose to destroy an evil lord that is plaguing the little town that you swore to protect...for free! The evil lord lives in an evil lair that looks a bit like a big dungeon. But watch out! There is always competition. Go now hero! Make me proud!

Anyways, the goal is to get to the evil lord and beat him before the other players do. The dungeon is a maze made out of many different rooms. You can find traps, items and who knows what else. The adventure takes place in medieval fantasy time.

How to play
The game is pretty simple, you have, usually, more then one decision you can choose from, each with their own consequences. Choose wisely and smart and maybe you might just end up in one piece after this.

Attributes and stats
Stats are attributed to skills that you can perfect during your mission. Here is a list of the following skills you can have:
-Strenght (More damage you do)
-Charisma (more chances of persuading someone)
-Precision (more chances of hitting someone)
-Endurance (more health and more defensive points)
-Agility (more chances of evading ennemy attacks)

Classes
There are different classes, but they do not directly affect your stats, thus giving you full liberty to customize. What the classes really do, is to give you adventages and disadvantages during the game. Here are the different classes:
-Mage (+Range attacks, -melee attacks, ++light areas, -darken areas)
-Necromancer (++Ally spawning/mind controlling, --melee attacks, -light areas, +darken areas)
-Warrior (--Range attacks, ++melee attacks, +Endurance)
-Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
-Mastermind (-Range attacks, -melee attacks, +light areas, +darken areas, +Every stat)
-Ranger (++Range attacks, -melee attacks)

(-)= -25% handicap
(--)= -50% handicap
(+)= +25% enhancement
(++)= +50% enhancement

How to fight
You can talk to someone that has an intelligence level of 5 or more, if their intelligence is lower then 5, then it will be hard for you to avoid fighting. You can also engage in fights with other players, if you ever meet them. Fights always takes into account the environment (light or darken). You always get a chance to flee, but if you fail, you will get a 20% handicap for the next turn. Anyways, this is how you play:

Everytime you engage in a fight, your stats (which you have to post every turn) will play a key role in the fight, but not only them, you also have your equipment, which will enhance you fighting skills. So here is an example of a fight.

You:

Strength 10
Current sword strength 8

10*8=80

You would be able to do 80 damage a turn, but it's not certain, because there are other factors.

1. Every sword (or weapon) has a number of times it can hit, let's say, for this example, that your sword can hit 3 times in one attack. That would make 80*3=240, right? Not exactly.

2. Not every hit is a clear shot, you have chances of hitting the target or missing it, the chances will always be indicated before you attack. For this example, we could have a 60% chance hit for every hit.

3.Armor, strong endurance, spells, traps, or other special affection can stop you from dealing as much damage as youn would of hoped for. But they can work on both ways of course.

Well, I think that covers a bit of this RPG, I will continue writing more about it, and I will not launch the RPG right away. You can still sigh up by completing the sheet below:

Name:
Sex:

Skills: (10 points can be spend)
-Endurance: 0
-Strenght: 0
-Charisma: 0
-Intelligence: 7
-Agility: 0

Too late to join? Don't worry, you can still sigh up and I will contact you once a spot is free or once a hero finished the quest.

This RPG is still in beta, consider yourself a beta tester if you want. feedback is always great.

Updates on the RPG will always come, as I work hard on this

• 188 Replies
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Storm Dragon
Health:80/80
Sex:F
Class:Mastermind
Skills:
-Endurance:5
-Strength:5
-Charisma:4
-Intelligence:8
-Agility:5
Attacks:
-Punch(Melee, Neutral, 2dmg, 65%, hits 3)
Inventory:
1X back-from-the-grave pill
Side Quests:
Pirates, outlaws and death
Map:
1 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!

I go back to the entrance and try a the room closest to the one I was just in.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Update coming around 3pm Monday. And Sadowassassian113, you should post your sheet every time there is an update to it. (like right now)

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Name: Leon Winterblade
Health: 80
Sex: Male
Class: Mage

Skills:

-Strenght: 3
-Charisma: 3
-Agility:4

Attacks:
Energy bolt-(Range, Neutral, 13dmg, 75% chance of hit, hits 2 times).
-Punch

Inventory:
Back from the grave pill x1
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant

KK will do

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zarrow
Class: Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
Skills:
-Endurance: 3
-Strenght: 5
-Charisma: 2
-Agility: 2
-Precision: 3
Attacks:
-Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Punch
Inventory:
50 gold
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 rooms discovered

"Hello, would you mind moving over so I can leave the room.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@StormDragon
You enter a completely dark room, taking baby steps, you walk carefully across the room. Suddenly you hear a noise and small creatures walking towards you from the corner of the room. Rats! And pretty big ones too. They do not seem to be pretty happy that you entered their habitat and are attacking you. One of the rats jump towards you but you manage to dodge him, not noticing the 2nd rat which bits you in the leg. You quickly recover and you block two other rats attacking you. What do you do now? (You lost 2 hp because of the attack).
Hint: You are currently in a battle, you can always try to flee (30% chance of success) or fight back with your attacks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sadowassassian113
"Hello good sir, we have many items for sale. I notice you are more into the magic stuff, so, if you would like, I'll show you my magical inventory:

-Staff of energy -100gold (gives 10% extra damage and 2% extra chance of hitting the target with any energy type attack)

-Staff of fire -100gold (gives 10% extra damage and 2% extra chance of hitting the target with any fire type attack)

-Staff of lightning -100gold (gives 10% extra damage and 2% extra chance of hitting the target with any electricity type attack)

-Staff of brightness -100gold (gives 10% extra damage and 2% extra chance of hitting the target with any healing type attack)

-Staff of water -100gold (gives 10% extra damage and 2% extra chance of hitting the target with any water/ice type attack)

-Staff of confusion -100gold (gives 10% extra damage and 2% extra chance of hitting the target with any strange type attack)

-Staff of life -500gold (gives 20% extra damage and 4% extra chance of hitting the target with any energy type attack)

-Staff of the dragon -500gold (gives 20% extra damage and 4% extra chance of hitting the target with any fire type attack)

-Staff of Tesla -500gold (gives 20% extra damage and 4% extra chance of hitting the target with any electricity type attack)

-Staff of the sage -500gold (gives 20% extra damage and 4% extra chance of hitting the target with any healing type attack)

-Staff of the Tsunami -500gold (gives 20% extra damage and 4% extra chance of hitting the target with any water type attack)

-Hat of the soldier -100gold (protects 5% dmg from melee attacks)
-Hat of the mage -100gold (protects 5% dmg from magical attacks)
-Hat of the ranger -100gold (protects 5% dmg from range attacks)
-Hat of the fiend -100gold (protects 5%dmg from any fiend you will encounter, excluding other players)
-Hat of the mastermind -500gold (protects 5% dmg from melee, magical and range)

&quotlease come back again later if you want more equipment, I'm am expecting a new shipment. In the meantime, I also have potions..."

-Health potion -25 gold (One time use for each health potion, gives you 40hp)
-Stamina potion -50 gold (One time use for each stamina potion, give you an extra hit for one attack, lasts for the whole battle.)

"I would propose to you some spell books you could have bought from me, but I'm all out of stock of that, please come back later. Anyways, interested in anything I got?"
@Zyba
"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" says the monster. Of course, during school, you weren't paying attention to your monster language classes, but you can still tell that he isn't cooperating. Just as you finished that thought, the monster attacks you with his arm whips. You block one of his arms, but the other one smashes the other side of your body, which you where leaving unprotected. (You lose 15hp). What now?
Hint: You are currently in a battle, you can always try to flee (2% chance of success) or fight back with your attacks.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Health:78/80
Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
1 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!

I start punching and kicking the rats like there's no tomorrow.

GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

I'd like to reserve a spot for the next round. :3

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Wood - Squire

Flag

Skills:

Attacks:
-Punch

Inventory:
Back from the grave pill x1 staff of energy x1
gold 0
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant

I tell the man he has quality good and decide to buy the Staff of energy and to notify me of any spell books.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Health: 65
Skills:
Attacks:
-Punch
Inventory:
50 gold
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 rooms discovered

I use Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4) at his side.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

I'd like to reserve a spot for the next round. :3

okay.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
You punch and kick put miss all of the rats, but one of the rats jump on you and before he could of attacked you, you punched him in the face. Analyzing well the situation, and the opponent, you managed to dodge all the incoming attacks from the rats.
Rat1: 8/10 hp
Rat2: 10/10 hp
Rat3: 10/10 hp
Rat4: 10/10 hp
What now? (Fleeing chance 29%)
@Sadowassassian113
"Thank you for buying at my shop. I will notify you when we get a shipment of spells." You pay him and, after saying goodbye, you leave the merchant's room and you are back at the starting hallway. There is still a room that you haven't gotten in yet, but you can always try to go back in the first room you been to try and complete it. (btw you have already a staff before, but it didn't allow you to do anything extra then cast spells.)
You now have 0 gold
You acquired the staff of energy
@Zyba
The monster, quicker then you, manages to dodge one of your shots. You try again and, again, he quickly dodges your attack. You concentrate and you try to hit him again, you miss, but, not giving up, you throw an other striker just after your first missed strike and you manage to scratch his arm, making him bleed. Tired and in a bad position, the monster hits you with full force in the stomach, causing you to cough blood. The blow throws you a couple of feet behind, almost making a table of candles fall. Your vision is a little blurry, but you manage to get back on focus. (You lose an other 15hp)
Big eye monster: 56/60
What now? (Chance of fleeing 1%)
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Btw Zyba, i forgot to mention this, but you have a standard sword. It does not give you any advantages. You just need it to use your basic attacks.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Skills:

Attacks:
-Punch

Inventory:
Back from the grave pill x1 staff of energy x1
gold 0
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant

I venture to the room i have not gone to my staff of energy already sparking.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Health:80/80
Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
1 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!

I press my advantage and attack rat one again.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Health: 50
Skills:
Attacks:
-Punch
Inventory:
50 gold
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 rooms discovered

Well this isn't getting anywhere. Time to actually use strategy- I run back to the other side of the room, trying to lure it.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Due to school, I will, (and you probably noticed it), update the RPG every 2 days.

Showing 76-90 of 188