ForumsForum GamesA Hero in a Dungeon RPG/Beta (See Page 5 to sign up)

188 29766
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

This is an RPG, you have been warned. Three spots at the time.

You sir, are a hero, or atleast very courageous. Because you just chose to destroy an evil lord that is plaguing the little town that you swore to protect...for free! The evil lord lives in an evil lair that looks a bit like a big dungeon. But watch out! There is always competition. Go now hero! Make me proud!

Anyways, the goal is to get to the evil lord and beat him before the other players do. The dungeon is a maze made out of many different rooms. You can find traps, items and who knows what else. The adventure takes place in medieval fantasy time.

How to play
The game is pretty simple, you have, usually, more then one decision you can choose from, each with their own consequences. Choose wisely and smart and maybe you might just end up in one piece after this.

Attributes and stats
Stats are attributed to skills that you can perfect during your mission. Here is a list of the following skills you can have:
-Strenght (More damage you do)
-Charisma (more chances of persuading someone)
-Precision (more chances of hitting someone)
-Endurance (more health and more defensive points)
-Agility (more chances of evading ennemy attacks)

Classes
There are different classes, but they do not directly affect your stats, thus giving you full liberty to customize. What the classes really do, is to give you adventages and disadvantages during the game. Here are the different classes:
-Mage (+Range attacks, -melee attacks, ++light areas, -darken areas)
-Necromancer (++Ally spawning/mind controlling, --melee attacks, -light areas, +darken areas)
-Warrior (--Range attacks, ++melee attacks, +Endurance)
-Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
-Mastermind (-Range attacks, -melee attacks, +light areas, +darken areas, +Every stat)
-Ranger (++Range attacks, -melee attacks)

(-)= -25% handicap
(--)= -50% handicap
(+)= +25% enhancement
(++)= +50% enhancement

How to fight
You can talk to someone that has an intelligence level of 5 or more, if their intelligence is lower then 5, then it will be hard for you to avoid fighting. You can also engage in fights with other players, if you ever meet them. Fights always takes into account the environment (light or darken). You always get a chance to flee, but if you fail, you will get a 20% handicap for the next turn. Anyways, this is how you play:

Everytime you engage in a fight, your stats (which you have to post every turn) will play a key role in the fight, but not only them, you also have your equipment, which will enhance you fighting skills. So here is an example of a fight.

You:

Strength 10
Current sword strength 8

10*8=80

You would be able to do 80 damage a turn, but it's not certain, because there are other factors.

1. Every sword (or weapon) has a number of times it can hit, let's say, for this example, that your sword can hit 3 times in one attack. That would make 80*3=240, right? Not exactly.

2. Not every hit is a clear shot, you have chances of hitting the target or missing it, the chances will always be indicated before you attack. For this example, we could have a 60% chance hit for every hit.

3.Armor, strong endurance, spells, traps, or other special affection can stop you from dealing as much damage as youn would of hoped for. But they can work on both ways of course.

Well, I think that covers a bit of this RPG, I will continue writing more about it, and I will not launch the RPG right away. You can still sigh up by completing the sheet below:

Name:
Sex:

Skills: (10 points can be spend)
-Endurance: 0
-Strenght: 0
-Charisma: 0
-Intelligence: 7
-Agility: 0

Too late to join? Don't worry, you can still sigh up and I will contact you once a spot is free or once a hero finished the quest.

This RPG is still in beta, consider yourself a beta tester if you want. feedback is always great.

Updates on the RPG will always come, as I work hard on this

• 188 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@StormDragon
Focusing on one of the rats, you manage to kick it twice. But two of the other rats managed to attack you from behind. You lose 6hp.
Rat1: 4/10 hp
Rat2: 10/10 hp
Rat3: 10/10 hp
Rat4: 10/10 hp
What do you do? (Fleeing chance 28%)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sadowassassian113
You enter the room, and you instantly notice the rather, chilly temperature. The room is quite big (you can't even see the other end), and a little bit foggy. While traveling to the other side, you notice, on the horizon, a troop of trolls coming towards you. They are still pretty far, so you can plan ahead. So what do you do?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
@Zyba
You run to the other side of the room. The monster follows at an incredible speed. You just made it to the other side of the room at the monster caught up to you and attacks you. He hits you twice, but you hold ground. (you lose 30hp). What now? (Fleeing Chance 1%)

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Storm Dragon
Health:74/80
Sex:F
Class:Mastermind
Skills:
-Endurance:5
-Strength:5
-Charisma:4
-Intelligence:8
-Agility:5
Attacks:
-Punch(Melee, Neutral, 2dmg, 65%, hits 3)
Inventory:
1X back-from-the-grave pill
Side Quests:
Pirates, outlaws and death
Map:
1 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!

I still focus on rat one but this time I also keep an eye on the other three rats.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Name: Leon Winterblade
Health: 80
Sex: Male
Class: Mage

Skills:

-Strenght: 3
-Charisma: 3
-Agility:4

Attacks:
Energy bolt-(Range, Neutral, 13dmg, 75% chance of hit, hits 2 times).
-Punch

Inventory:
Back from the grave pill x1 staff of energy x1
gold 0
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant

I launch a energy bolt at the closest troll to warn them and then take cover.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zarrow
Health: 20
Class: Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
Skills:
-Endurance: 3
-Strenght: 5
-Charisma: 2
-Agility: 2
-Precision: 3
Attacks:
-Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Punch
Inventory:
50 gold
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 rooms discovered

I hate this room...
Run to it's side and perform a Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4). Whether or not it hits I sprint to the door out of the room.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@StormDragon
You kill the first rat. One of the rats behind you try to attack you but you block him. Thinking that the rat would give up, you get caught off guard by the same rat and the other rat. (-4hp)
Rat2: 10/10 hp
Rat3: 10/10 hp
Rat4: 10/10 hp
What now? (Fleeing chance 33%)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sadowassassian113
You miss the troll you where aiming for, but they did seem to notice the shot. You run to take cover behind what seems to be a bunch of frozen rocks. The fog will help on the cover. You look as the trolls come at the place where you shot the energy bolt. A couple of feet in front of your cover. You now can see four trolls. It seems to be a family, noticing two smaller trolls. One of the big trolls is also carrying some kind of huge slingshot. You can't hide where you are forever, you will eventually be discovered. What now?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
@Zyba
You manage to strike him twice (8damage). You run past him towards the door, and a couple of feet more....and nothing. Your vision suddenly stops and so does your heart.
Would you like to use your back from the grave pill? And if so, would you like re spawned at the exact moment before you died, (monster won't regain hp) or would you like to start outside of that room? (Monster will regain all his hp, but you will be in safety.) Or will you just abandon?

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
-Punch
Inventory:
50 gold
0X back-from-the-grave pill
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 rooms discovered

Get me out of there! I hope I can find another of those pills- having more pills is a good idea XD

I go to the left door A.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Health:70/80
Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
1 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!

I let my fist fly at the rats until they are dead or something happens that makes me stop. I will also stop if I see something I can use against the rats.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Skills:

Attacks:
-Punch

Inventory:
gold 0
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant

Noticing the two small trolls i leave the room and go to the first
room dodging the traps. yes i remembered

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

sorry for the delay, will get back on Friday.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Zyba you get full hp back when you revive
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
You hit and hit, brutally killing the rats one by one. Crack! Goes their skulls and bones. Smash! Blood paints the walls. You kill all the rats until you end the life of the last one with the last, fatal blow. Breathing heavily, covered in a mix of your blood and the rat's blood, you fall to the ground and rest. While on the ground, you see the door for the next room. (You lost 14hp). You also seem to notice a treasure.
New location! -Rat hole
You gain 28 gold!
What now?
@Sadowassassian113
You leave the room and you enter the room with the traps you used to be in. Surprised, it seems the trap are still deployed, so you easily pass through the traps that you before had trouble to deal with. The door to for the next door is right there? do you want to enter?
@Zyba
You enter a shop. "Hello, would like to buy/sell something?". You also see a a door to, you guess, the next room. What do you want to do?

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
-Punch
Inventory:
50 gold
0X back-from-the-grave pill
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 rooms discovered

I visit the shop asking, "Anything cheap and good for a soldier like me (a back-from-the-grave pill would be useful)."

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Skills:

Attacks:
-Punch

Inventory:
gold 0
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant

I look around the room to see if any one is hiding in the shadows.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Health:56/80
Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
1X back-from-the-grave pill, 28 gold
Side Quests:
Map:
2 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole

I check out the treasure and then rest up to recover my hp.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@StormDragon
Yay! 200gold! Btw, i forgot to mention, but because you defeated the enemy, you can add .2 points to one stat of your choice. Also, how many turns would you like to rest? (1 turn = +5hp), also remember that if you rest, an other player or monster can critically strike you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sadowassassian113
You look and...you see nothing, even after a examined look no one is in the room that you currently are in. You look at the door that you where about to trespass, what will you do?
@Zyba
"I'm sorry mate, i don't have anything for that amount of gold". Says the merchant after seeing your 50 golds. "Actually, maybe I do have something, hold on..." The merchant goes through a door, you wait a couple of moments and he comes back with some kind of dusty helmet. "It's not the greatest thing, but your not the richest man."

-Dusty old helmet (+4hp) 50gold

"I also do have a back from the grave pill, but it's 995gold."
Remember that there is a door on the other side of the room. What you going to do?

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Health:56/80
Skills:
-Agility:7
Attacks:
Inventory:
1X back-from-the-grave pill, 228 gold
Side Quests:
Map:
2 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole

I will rest for four turns despite the risk.

Showing 91-105 of 188