ForumsForum GamesA Hero in a Dungeon RPG/Beta (See Page 5 to sign up)

188 29774
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

This is an RPG, you have been warned. Three spots at the time.

You sir, are a hero, or atleast very courageous. Because you just chose to destroy an evil lord that is plaguing the little town that you swore to protect...for free! The evil lord lives in an evil lair that looks a bit like a big dungeon. But watch out! There is always competition. Go now hero! Make me proud!

Anyways, the goal is to get to the evil lord and beat him before the other players do. The dungeon is a maze made out of many different rooms. You can find traps, items and who knows what else. The adventure takes place in medieval fantasy time.

How to play
The game is pretty simple, you have, usually, more then one decision you can choose from, each with their own consequences. Choose wisely and smart and maybe you might just end up in one piece after this.

Attributes and stats
Stats are attributed to skills that you can perfect during your mission. Here is a list of the following skills you can have:
-Strenght (More damage you do)
-Charisma (more chances of persuading someone)
-Precision (more chances of hitting someone)
-Endurance (more health and more defensive points)
-Agility (more chances of evading ennemy attacks)

Classes
There are different classes, but they do not directly affect your stats, thus giving you full liberty to customize. What the classes really do, is to give you adventages and disadvantages during the game. Here are the different classes:
-Mage (+Range attacks, -melee attacks, ++light areas, -darken areas)
-Necromancer (++Ally spawning/mind controlling, --melee attacks, -light areas, +darken areas)
-Warrior (--Range attacks, ++melee attacks, +Endurance)
-Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
-Mastermind (-Range attacks, -melee attacks, +light areas, +darken areas, +Every stat)
-Ranger (++Range attacks, -melee attacks)

(-)= -25% handicap
(--)= -50% handicap
(+)= +25% enhancement
(++)= +50% enhancement

How to fight
You can talk to someone that has an intelligence level of 5 or more, if their intelligence is lower then 5, then it will be hard for you to avoid fighting. You can also engage in fights with other players, if you ever meet them. Fights always takes into account the environment (light or darken). You always get a chance to flee, but if you fail, you will get a 20% handicap for the next turn. Anyways, this is how you play:

Everytime you engage in a fight, your stats (which you have to post every turn) will play a key role in the fight, but not only them, you also have your equipment, which will enhance you fighting skills. So here is an example of a fight.

You:

Strength 10
Current sword strength 8

10*8=80

You would be able to do 80 damage a turn, but it's not certain, because there are other factors.

1. Every sword (or weapon) has a number of times it can hit, let's say, for this example, that your sword can hit 3 times in one attack. That would make 80*3=240, right? Not exactly.

2. Not every hit is a clear shot, you have chances of hitting the target or missing it, the chances will always be indicated before you attack. For this example, we could have a 60% chance hit for every hit.

3.Armor, strong endurance, spells, traps, or other special affection can stop you from dealing as much damage as youn would of hoped for. But they can work on both ways of course.

Well, I think that covers a bit of this RPG, I will continue writing more about it, and I will not launch the RPG right away. You can still sigh up by completing the sheet below:

Name:
Sex:

Skills: (10 points can be spend)
-Endurance: 0
-Strenght: 0
-Charisma: 0
-Intelligence: 7
-Agility: 0

Too late to join? Don't worry, you can still sigh up and I will contact you once a spot is free or once a hero finished the quest.

This RPG is still in beta, consider yourself a beta tester if you want. feedback is always great.

Updates on the RPG will always come, as I work hard on this

• 188 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Sadowassassian113
You shoot twice, and you manage to kill two aliens without trouble.
Unfortunately for you, there are more then 2 aliens to deal with.
little alien creature #4: 5/5 HP
little alien creature #5: 5/5 HP
little alien creature #6: 5/5 HP
little alien creature #7: 5/5 HP
little alien creature #8: 5/5 HP
All five aliens attack, but you manage to block two of them. Causing you to lose only (3 hp).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
You open the next room after rathole, you see nothing really interesting. The room is a mess with broken rocks (or maybe they where walls or decorations), broken chairs, tables and other broken objects. You seem to be alone, and you see the door to the next room on the other side of the current room. What will you do?

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Name: Leon Winterblade
Health:57/80
Sex: Male
Class: Mage

Skills:

-Endurance:5
-Strenght: 3
-Charisma: 3
-Agility:4

Attacks:
Energy bolt-(Range, Neutral, 13dmg, 75% chance of hit, hits 2 times).
-Punch

Inventory:
Back from the grave pill x1 staff of energy x1Gun x1 bullet x5
gold 50
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant
trapper

I SPAZ MY STAFF UNTIL THEY ALL DIE

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Storm Dragon
Health:76/80
Sex:F
Class:Mastermind
Skills:
-Strength:5
-Charisma:4
-Intelligence:8
-Agility:7
Attacks:
-Punch(Melee, Neutral, 2dmg, 65%, hits 3)
Inventory:
1X back-from-the-grave pill, 228 gold, Punching Gloves, 2x Health Potion
Side Quests:
Pirates, outlaws and death
Map:
4 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole
Gold for life

I will search through the rubble for anything useful.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Sadowassassian113
So you continue killing one there, and then one over there. One by one you kill all of them, leaving alien blood and guts on the floor.
After a while, you finished killing all of them, panting and lightly injured you think about the next place you want to go. (You lose 4 hp)
Here are the following doors:
-Where you came from
-Door to the right
-Door from where the aliens came from
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
You eventually find a couple of gold coins (+14 gold). While you where watching, someone sneaked up to you. You noticed him and before he could strike you, you turn around, grab the hand with the dagger, punched him in the stomach and in the face and you break his arm. He falls unconscious on the floor. An arrow flies and misses your face by a couple of inches. You look around and you see no one. An other arrow flies to your head and cuts of a piece of your hair. You are confused and worrisome. "Haha". You hear a laughter. "you're pretty good at fighting, I saw how you easily knocked out that guy". Continues the voice. "We could use people like you. What do you say? Want to join us bandits?"

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Health:53/80

Skills:

Attacks:
-Punch

Inventory:
gold 50
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant
trapper

I go into the room the monsters came from

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
4 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole
Gold for life

"You teach me how to use a bow and I will forget that I ever wanted to join the pirates and join you instead. I will also tell you where they are." I say in the general direction of the voice.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Sorry guys, be back tomorrow

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Sadowassassian113
You go inside and you see a small pathway to an other door a couple of feet away. The other door seems strange. Would you like to investigate it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
"You're a pirate?!" says the voice. After a brief silence of unease, the voice tells you: "it's a deal. But to prove your loyalty, kill this pirate." You see a young, maybe 11-12 year old, boy, walking towards you. He has his hands roped and has a black bag on his head. "Well? Will you kill him?" says the voice.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
4 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole
Gold for life

I punch the boy in the nose with enough force to break it and send pieces of his skull into his brain. I dislike killing someone so young but he had mad his choice and so had I.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

I go to the weird door and open it

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Sadowassassian113
You approach the door and it seems to be some kind of heavy metal door. You push it, and what surprise! it opens. You look inside and see the stereotypical green little aliens. There are 3 of them. One sitting on something that may look like a throne, so he might be the king. One of the aliens turn to the leader and says something that would sound like this:
"jutren eintregf ingthpeong nirngroenk kojihngkenegeinrg!!"
The alien king turns to the other alien on the other side of the throne and says:
"outiren ineubgrb ubeowien eubgbuebn iwaomfnd."
After the king talked to the alien, that same alien walks a couple of clumsy steps towards you and says, to you:
"Who are you and why you kill our babies?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
@StormDragon
"Oh I like your commitment, consider yourself hired. Go to our lair and tell the guard my name. Here is the map."
a scroll which contains a map rolls to your feet.
"oh yea, my name is Xelek."

-You now have the location 'outlaws can relax' You can go there anytime. Just tell me and i will point the fastest route.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zarrow
Health: 84
Class: Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
Skills:
-Endurance: 3
-Strenght: 5
-Charisma: 2
-Agility: 2
-Precision: 3
Attacks:
-Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Punch
Inventory:
0 gold
0X back-from-the-grave pill
-Dusty old helmet (+4hp)
Side Quests:
None
Map:
Golden Chance

It's been awhile, but hopefully I can still play seeing as it has been only a few pages. I head to Golden Chance or is that where I am? Well if it is where I am now, I head to the nearest door I know that does not contain a golem that killed me.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

Health:53/80

Skills:

Attacks:
-Punch

Inventory:
gold 50
Side Quests:
None

Map:
Merchant
trapper

"My name is Leon i only acted in self defence as a man had abducted your children and forced them to attack me. I am soory for your greif is thier any thing i can do to help you i'd be happy to ablige." i tell the aliens

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
Map:
4 Rooms Discovered
Locations:
Arrr!
Rat hole
Gold for life
Outlaws can relax

I'll head there once I have searched the boy's body, considering that it wasn't taken away by the bandits that bought him hear.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

update tomorrow!

Showing 136-150 of 188