ForumsForum GamesA Hero in a Dungeon RPG/Beta (See Page 5 to sign up)

188 29714
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

This is an RPG, you have been warned. Three spots at the time.

You sir, are a hero, or atleast very courageous. Because you just chose to destroy an evil lord that is plaguing the little town that you swore to protect...for free! The evil lord lives in an evil lair that looks a bit like a big dungeon. But watch out! There is always competition. Go now hero! Make me proud!

Anyways, the goal is to get to the evil lord and beat him before the other players do. The dungeon is a maze made out of many different rooms. You can find traps, items and who knows what else. The adventure takes place in medieval fantasy time.

How to play
The game is pretty simple, you have, usually, more then one decision you can choose from, each with their own consequences. Choose wisely and smart and maybe you might just end up in one piece after this.

Attributes and stats
Stats are attributed to skills that you can perfect during your mission. Here is a list of the following skills you can have:
-Strenght (More damage you do)
-Charisma (more chances of persuading someone)
-Precision (more chances of hitting someone)
-Endurance (more health and more defensive points)
-Agility (more chances of evading ennemy attacks)

Classes
There are different classes, but they do not directly affect your stats, thus giving you full liberty to customize. What the classes really do, is to give you adventages and disadvantages during the game. Here are the different classes:
-Mage (+Range attacks, -melee attacks, ++light areas, -darken areas)
-Necromancer (++Ally spawning/mind controlling, --melee attacks, -light areas, +darken areas)
-Warrior (--Range attacks, ++melee attacks, +Endurance)
-Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)
-Mastermind (-Range attacks, -melee attacks, +light areas, +darken areas, +Every stat)
-Ranger (++Range attacks, -melee attacks)

(-)= -25% handicap
(--)= -50% handicap
(+)= +25% enhancement
(++)= +50% enhancement

How to fight
You can talk to someone that has an intelligence level of 5 or more, if their intelligence is lower then 5, then it will be hard for you to avoid fighting. You can also engage in fights with other players, if you ever meet them. Fights always takes into account the environment (light or darken). You always get a chance to flee, but if you fail, you will get a 20% handicap for the next turn. Anyways, this is how you play:

Everytime you engage in a fight, your stats (which you have to post every turn) will play a key role in the fight, but not only them, you also have your equipment, which will enhance you fighting skills. So here is an example of a fight.

You:

Strength 10
Current sword strength 8

10*8=80

You would be able to do 80 damage a turn, but it's not certain, because there are other factors.

1. Every sword (or weapon) has a number of times it can hit, let's say, for this example, that your sword can hit 3 times in one attack. That would make 80*3=240, right? Not exactly.

2. Not every hit is a clear shot, you have chances of hitting the target or missing it, the chances will always be indicated before you attack. For this example, we could have a 60% chance hit for every hit.

3.Armor, strong endurance, spells, traps, or other special affection can stop you from dealing as much damage as youn would of hoped for. But they can work on both ways of course.

Well, I think that covers a bit of this RPG, I will continue writing more about it, and I will not launch the RPG right away. You can still sigh up by completing the sheet below:

Name:
Sex:

Skills: (10 points can be spend)
-Endurance: 0
-Strenght: 0
-Charisma: 0
-Intelligence: 7
-Agility: 0

Too late to join? Don't worry, you can still sigh up and I will contact you once a spot is free or once a hero finished the quest.

This RPG is still in beta, consider yourself a beta tester if you want. feedback is always great.

Updates on the RPG will always come, as I work hard on this

• 188 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Sadowassassian113
So you run back, now you are back at the starting hallway. There are still two other rooms that you haven't checked yet. One on the left and one on the right
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Zyba
By examining the man you notice that he doesn't look very threatening. You can not see any weapon on him (even tho there might be some hidden), and he does not look like someone that would smash anything that moves. He just looks like an ordinary man. What will you do? You can still attack him or you could talk to him. Or if you don't want to have anything to do with the man, you can go to one of the doors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yea, btw, I forgot to say this in the beginning, but every player starts with 100 gold. You can spend the gold at market places that you will find during your adventure.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Zarrow
Health: 80
Sex: Male
Class: Soldier (-Range attacks, +melee attacks, +Strength)

Skills:

-Endurance: 3
-Strenght: 5
-Charisma: 2
-Agility: 2
-Precision: 3

Attacks:
-Strike (Melee, Light, 4dmg, 70%, hits 4)
-Punch

Inventory:
100 gold
1X back-from-the-grave pill

Side Quests:
None

Map:
0 rooms discovered

"Hello good sir," I greet him.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Storm Dragon
Health:80/80
Sex:F
Class:Mastermind
Skills:
-Endurance:5
-Strength:5
-Charisma:4
-Intelligence:8
-Agility:5
Attacks:
-Punch(Melee, Neutral, 2dmg, 65%, hits 3)
Inventory:
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 Rooms Discovered

Lets go with the room on the right.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Name: Talow Rosine
Health:
Sex: M
Class: mastermind

Skills: (Add a total of 15 points)

-Endurance:3
-Strenght:2
-Charisma:3
-Intelligence:10(7+3... is this right?)
-Agility:4

Attacks:
-Punch

Inventory:

Side Quests:
None

Map:
0 Rooms Discovered

let's play.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@sonicheroes95, you are too late for this round.

I will refresh the game at around 3pm tomorrow monday.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Zyba
"Hello there." He says. "You look like an adventurer...a hero i presume? Yes, many have passed and never came back. It is quite a dangerous and cruel world. What would you say if I helped you out? Of course nothing in life is free, so I would only ask a cheap price of 50 gold. I'll be some kind of body guard if you want, and yes, I am quite stronger then you think. Think about it, you would be the first hero to...well, actually be a successful hero! So what do you think?"
@StormDragon
You enter the room and notice that the room is filled with 5 characters that some would call pirates. There is also a huge treasure chest in one of the corners of the room. "What do you want?" Says one of the pirates.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 Rooms Discovered

I tell the pirates that I want to join them.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
-Punch
Inventory:
100 gold
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 rooms discovered

Seeing as I don't know the value of money in this game,"Sure, which door should we go in?"

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Seeing as I don't know the value of money

it's gold. Only gold. Gold is like dollars.
@StormDragon
A huge laugh breaks the two second of awkwardness you had after asking that question. Every pirate is laughing at you. Until someone, probably the pirate king, decides to put a stop to the laughing. "Silence mates!". All the pirates stopped laughing instantly. "I see something different in this young adventurer, I see strength. Tell you what, if you complete a task for me, I'll let you join us, not only that but I will also gladly reward you." You ask about what kind of task. "Quite simple, young girl, yet quite hard. You see, us, the pirates, have gotten into a fight with some punks that call themselves bandits. If you kill their leader, then I'll reward you. what you'd say?"
@Zyba
As soon as you give him 50 gold, he runs pass you and off outside the dungeon. You realize, but too late, that you have been tricked. There is no way of catching him anymore. Angry, you try to continue your quest by choosing to enter one of the doors. Which will it be?
Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

I go in to the room to the right mussels tense and ready to run

Srry 4 the delay didint pay bill

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
-Punch
Inventory:
50 gold
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 rooms discovered

"I hope he doesn't waste that money on something illicit," I sigh as I head through the door on the right.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Skills:
Attacks:
Inventory:
Side Quests:
None
Map:
0 Rooms Discovered

"Okay, just where are these bandits?"

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the delay. Tomorrow at around 3pm i'll be able to refresh the story.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

@Sadowassassian113
You open the next door and, thinking of the worst, you see a merchant. "Hello there, would you like to buy anything?" says the merchant. What you going to do?
You have discovered a new location! "Merchant"
@Zyba
You look around the room you have just entered. The first thing that you seem to noticed are the beautifully arranged candles. After a while inspecting the room you decide to leave, But, as you go towards the door, you noticed something is blocking you. It looks like some kind of monster with huge eyes and arms looking like whips. It simply stands there, looking at you. What do you do?
@StormDragon
"We do not exactly know where their base is, but we do know it's in this dungeon. Look around, you'd probably find it." Says the pirate king.
You have discovered a new location! "Arrr!"
You have unlocked a new quest! "Pirates, outlaws and death"
Remember you can always ask me to direct you to locations of places you have already discovered. You can also ask for information about quests that you have.

Sadowassassian113
Sadowassassian113
54 posts
Peasant

I ask the merchant of his wares and their value before buying anything

"Cold as a winter gale sharp as the steel of a sword"

Leon WinterBlade.

Showing 61-75 of 188