Nomad

Any questions about Islam, ask it here?

Greetings

• 558 Replies
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

I'm on vacation visiting my Dad in Indonesia. My step mums sister is Muslim and mentioned the Islam point system - which i've never heard of.

If you pray by yourself, you get a set ammount of points.
If you pray at your local mosque, you get more points.
& if you pray where Muhammed is buried, you get 10,000 points.
All of this is to get you closed to Allah apparently.

Just indonesia, or is this a common thing?

It's a common thing. But I didn't hear before that when you pray where the Prophet(pbuh) is buried, that you'll get 10.000 points. But it's more than in your local mosque. Oh and, it's not points. It's blessings. When you pray at the Kaba it's even more blessings.

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

last page last comment. i wanted you to explain better what i misunderstood there about christianity and what you said about it. also i explained the what you said about killing in the last paragraph but please do read everything i said. i put thought into that XP

You didn't misunderstood anything. As you and others said, the Talmud isn't true. There's no point anymore to discus this anymore, right?

Greetings
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

It's a common thing. But I didn't hear before that when you pray where the Prophet(pbuh) is buried, that you'll get 10.000 points. But it's more than in your local mosque. Oh and, it's not points. It's blessings. When you pray at the Kaba it's even more blessings.

Yeah my girlfriend just tried to explain it to me.
& how you lose 'blessings' due to sins.
But who do you keep count?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Sorry, how* do you keep count?

A lot of people here walk around with those clickers that air hostesses wear.

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Sorry, how* do you keep count?

A lot of people here walk around with those clickers that air hostesses wear.

Keep count of what? Those clickers you're talking about is for another purpose. You can't keep the count of how many blessings you get. These clickers are to count how many time something has been said, for example, people are saying "there is no God but God" like a 100 times a day. And they count it with these "clickers".

Greetings
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

I would suggest you to look it up here at this site

The site is interesting but Sharia law still doesn't allow apostasy (leaving Islam), criticism of Mohammed, Homosexuality etc. So it's still horrible.

Your English is pretty good, don't worry about that. Grimml, what does it say before "nor shall you befriend the disbelievers"?

O you who believe, do not befriend those among the recipients of previous scripture who mock and ridicule your religion, nor shall you befriend the disbelievers.
In other words: Don't befriend religious people who mock/fight you, and don't befriend disbelievers.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

The site is interesting but Sharia law still doesn't allow apostasy (leaving Islam), criticism of Mohammed, Homosexuality etc. So it's still horrible.

True, apostasy is not accepted, but it is allowed. Criticism of Muhammed(pbuh) can't be punished, that's bullsh***. He was a Prophet, this doesn't mean it's forbidden to insult or criticise him. The thing is, people are mixing their local culture with the Sharia Law. So, it's actually not Sharia, but another kind of "ruling system".

Greetings
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

A passage in Guardian, here.

To start with, Israel DOES NOT MEAN JEW. You can't make an argument against jews based off what israel does, OR what a single soldier does. These arab countries are known for hiding behind civilians so that israel is forced to do some damage to them, making israel look like the bad guy. When these countries are placing civilians in the way of the army, there is only so far they can go to prevent killing them. Anyways, do you really think that the amount of casualties from terrorist attacks caused by these "fake" Muslims, isn't higher then the amount of casualties caused by the Israeli army? Civilian casualties in war happen no matter what the war, but they happen more when the country is using their civilians as human shields.

Greetings

I'm just curious, why do you keep saying that?
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

True, apostasy is not accepted, but it is allowed.

No, not really (as far as I know):

Conversion by Muslims to other faiths is forbidden under most interpretations of sharia and converts are considered apostates (non-Muslims, however, are allowed to convert into Islam). Some Muslim clerics equate this apostasy to treason, a crime punishable by death.

Source

Criticism of Muhammed(pbuh) can't be punished, that's bullsh***.

Well, it's part of modern Sharia law (or at least in countries who have Sharia law e.g. Iran & Pakistan):
Blasphemy in Islam is any irreverent behavior[1] toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs that Muslims revere. The Quran and the hadith do not speak about blasphemy.[2] Jurists created the offence, and they made it part of Sharia.[2] Where Sharia pertains, the penalties for blasphemy can include fines, imprisonment, flogging, amputation, hanging, or beheading.[3][4] Muslim clerics may call for the punishment of an alleged blasphemer by issuing a fatwÄ.[5][6]

Source

The thing is, people are mixing their local culture with the Sharia Law. So, it's actually not Sharia, but another kind of "ruling system".

Okay, that makes sense to me. Also there might be different interpretations.
But Homosexuality still isn't allowed (or at least it's viewed as a sin):
Many scholars of Sharia, or Islamic law, interpret homosexuality as a punishable offence as well as a sin. There is no specific punishment prescribed, however, and this is usually left to the discretion of the local authorities on Islam.

Source

Another cruel thing about Sharia law is stoning to death and lashes as punishment:
In accordance with hadith, stoning to death is the penalty for married men and women who commit adultery. In addition, there are several conditions related to the person who commits it that must be met. One of the difficult ones is that the punishment cannot be enforced unless there is a confession of the person, or four male eyewitnesses who each saw the act being committed. All of these must be met under the scrutiny of judicial authority[122] For unmarried men and women, the punishment prescribed in the Qur'an and hadith is 100 lashes.[123]

Source
Here's the Quran verse:
YUSUFALI: The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.

Quran 24:2 (Yusufali)
And here's the Hadith verse (just to show you, that Wiki is sometimes reliable )
The Prophet said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, I will judge you according to the Laws of Allah. Your one-hundred sheep and the slave are to be returned to you, and your son has to receive one-hundred lashes and be exiled for one year. O Unais! Go to the wife of this man, and if she confesses, then stone her to death." Unais went to her and she confessed. He then stoned her to death.

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 815:
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

To start with, Israel DOES NOT MEAN JEW. You can't make an argument against jews based off what israel does, OR what a single soldier does. These arab countries are known for hiding behind civilians so that israel is forced to do some damage to them, making israel look like the bad guy. When these countries are placing civilians in the way of the army, there is only so far they can go to prevent killing them. Anyways, do you really think that the amount of casualties from terrorist attacks caused by these "fake" Muslims, isn't higher then the amount of casualties caused by the Israeli army? Civilian casualties in war happen no matter what the war, but they happen more when the country is using their civilians as human shields.

Isn't it true that a big part of IDF is jewish? And more soldiers are becoming Orthodox-Jews every day. Isn't this true too? It's just cowardly how people use innocent civilians to defend themselfs. But this doesn't mean the soldiers should shoot on civilians. Israeli soldiers, fighting with guns, against civilians with stones and other little things they can throw. Is it usual that the IDF just needs to send some soldiers for a group of 20 civilians. I don't call all the Jews bad. Actually, the most Jews are against the killing of these civilians, right? The problem are the ones who control the country. People like Netanyahu and Peres are actually the ones who kill the civilians. But what I don't understand, why are the soldiers working with these guys? Do they like to kill civilians or something? Or don't they have any other chance?

I'm just curious, why do you keep saying that?

just to sound friendly. I actually would say Salaam(Peace), instead of greetings. But I chose for greetings, because it's more common.

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

No, not really (as far as I know):

I would suggest to look at this site about apostasy.

Well, it's part of modern Sharia law (or at least in countries who have Sharia law e.g. Iran & Pakistan):

Modern Sharia Law? Do you think the Sharia Law is to be changed every century? There's no modern Sharia Law. So as I said, it's bullsh***. Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) is not holy. He was a Messenger and a Servant of God, that's it. Nothing on the world is Holy, except the Qur'an, because it's the word of God. Only God is Holy.

Note that Islam is not like Christianity or whatsoever. There is no rule like "everything the Imam's say are true". "Views of scholars" etc. etc. What's more important, the view of scholars, or what God thinks about a subject.

But Homosexuality still isn't allowed (or at least it's viewed as a sin):

Becoming a homosexual is not a sin. practicing homosexuality is a sin and forbidden in a Islamic state. And there's no death penalty for homosexuality.

Another cruel thing about Sharia law is stoning to death and lashes as punishment:

Look at this site, and this site .

The Qur'an says that there should be 4 witnesses to punish adultary. And as far as I know, coitus happens in a private place. So how is it possible that 4 people can see a couple having coitus?

Greetings
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Isn't it true that a big part of IDF is jewish? And more soldiers are becoming Orthodox-Jews every day. Isn't this true too?

76% of America is Christian, does that mean people consider America a Christian country? This also means that majority of it's army is probably also Christian, but no one calls it a Christian army. Also, I have no idea how much of IDF is Jewish.

It's just cowardly how people use innocent civilians to defend themselfs. But this doesn't mean the soldiers should shoot on civilians

They don't, the civilians get hurt in the process of attacking the army. They don't sidetrack themselves to go and murder civilians. Also, it's not just cowardly, it's pathetic, immoral, and sad. They couldn't care less about the lives of their people.

Is it usual that the IDF just needs to send some soldiers for a group of 20 civilians.

In the links you provided for me, they didn't go out of their way to kill them. You keep claiming they are going out of their way to kill them, but there was no back up. There is always civilian casualties in war, in the Iraq war, there was 100,000 civilian casualties. Guess how many there were in Gaza? Or in Lebanon? Of course, the Iraq war has been going on for 8.5 years while the on in Lebanon was only 1 month, so let's do the math. let's divide 100,000 by 8.5, we get about 12,000. Now we take on 12th of that, we get 1000. So it's not like the civilian casualties caused by Israel are anything crazy, I'd say it's pretty good when they're being set up to kill these civilians being used as "human shields".

Actually, the most Jews are against the killing of these civilians, right?

I should hope the whole world is, but apparently the leaders of these arabs countries couldn't care less about their lives.

People like Netanyahu and Peres are actually the ones who kill the civilians

Well, I still don't believe they are going out of their ways to kill them, but if you still believe that, I'll go use your argument and say that, just like those terrorists aren't real muslim, these are not real jews. Funny how this solves so many problems.

With the civilians being used as human shields, it's not always possible to avoid killing them. Israel doesn't even want to be fighting this war, they have nothing to gain from it. If israel could back out of the war and leave every one alive, they would.
flyguy43
flyguy43
19 posts
Nomad

Salam Reiki000 and Ramadam Kareem!

I'll be also answering questions with Reiki000.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

If israel could back out of the war and leave every one alive, they would.

Well, yeah... if they got what they wanted.
I'm sure if America didn't need all the money or world influence, we'd stop the economic imperialism and leave Africans and South Americans their own land to farm on instead of exporting commodities, or if there weren't terrorists we wouldn't be staging a war.

Whatever the case, I agree with you. Israel doesn't mean Jew. I don't think the idea is to deface the religion, it is just that Israel is the only Jewish country, and due to that, wouldn't it make sense for it to represent, in some way or another, the actions of Jews as a whole?

There is no rule like "everything the Imam's say are true"

He's right, Islam is a community thing. Imam's are worth respecting and listening to, but their filled with BS if they want to be the pope or something.

Don't befriend religious people who mock/fight you, and don't befriend disbelievers.

I just wanted to address this, too, since it clearly would kill your social life if you're a Muslim in a non-Muslim country -- but I've heard from many people that the usage of the word 'befriend' is due to the lack of connection between languages, what it really is trying to get at is that you don't want to be influenced/adhering to advice of a non-Muslim.
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Well, yeah... if they got what they wanted.

Is that not the case with both sides?

Whatever the case, I agree with you. Israel doesn't mean Jew. I don't think the idea is to deface the religion, it is just that Israel is the only Jewish country, and due to that, wouldn't it make sense for it to represent, in some way or another, the actions of Jews as a whole?

In the same way that America represents the actions of Christians as a whole?

I understand that there are many other Christian countries, but just because people in Israel believe something, and pass some legislation or another, or fight with one group or another, doesn't mean that I have to support that.

Hell, there are a lot of Christians in America who don't support what our government does, and they live in this country.
Showing 76-90 of 558