Any questions about Islam, ask it here?

Greetings

• 558 Replies
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

not realy, but i probably never will.
also becauce it doesn't care me so much.
i understand science much beter. but that is a other topic.

there was a treaty made with the idolaters. And the idolaters broke the treaty. So verse 9:5 and 9:6 came down. Kill them after the four sacred months, because in the sacred months it's forbidden to fight. So, when these months were past, the muslims could kill the idolaters, because they had broken the treaty.

Greetings
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

and do you believe christians or atheists are idolaters?

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

and do you believe christians or atheists are idolaters?

Atheists: Hell no!
Christians: No!

Idolaters are people who whorship idols.

Greetings
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

then why did bin laden use it for his deeds?

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

then why did bin laden use it for his deeds?

Who knows?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Uh, how is this? The Jews have always been more tolerant of other religions than Islam or Christianity. It's also one of the few religions that has a commandment to try to give people reasons why they shouldn't join, before letting them join.

exactly. it even sais that we should learn from the non-jews. ive never seen anything that had anything against other religions in the tanah.

and about the talmud. its just a thing that not everyone reads, or give importance to. when we talk about judaism we talk about the old testament and thats it. you can see that there are many different beliefs in judaism and we are talking about the basic one most of us believe and thats the tanah.

and about the other things you said about killing, again we are talking about the belief and not about the things that happen today. i have a whole different opinion of whats happening today but it has no value in this thread since we talk about the actual belief.

anyway, what i am trying to say is that you need a different reason to not choose judaism.
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

exactly. it even sais that we should learn from the non-jews. ive never seen anything that had anything against other religions in the tanah.

and about the talmud. its just a thing that not everyone reads, or give importance to. when we talk about judaism we talk about the old testament and thats it. you can see that there are many different beliefs in judaism and we are talking about the basic one most of us believe and thats the tanah.

and about the other things you said about killing, again we are talking about the belief and not about the things that happen today. i have a whole different opinion of whats happening today but it has no value in this thread since we talk about the actual belief.

anyway, what i am trying to say is that you need a different reason to not choose judaism.

Hmm... didn't know that, sorry about it. Another reason I don't believe in Judaism, is something the Jews did in the past. Worshipping an idol. The Golden Calf. They went into idolatry, Muslims never did.

Greetings
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

so we come back to:

it are individual that are violent. and lots of those violent people use religion as there base for killing. no matter what religion they are.
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

what if the religion prohibits killing, no matter what?

Greetings

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Abrahamic Religions are the most logical ones, why would so many people believe in it if it wasn't?

500 years ago people believed that the earth was flat. If so many believed it, why shouldn't it be right?

2) What do you think I need to "think" about Sharia Law.

I think you should reject it. It's horrible!

I don't see any "cruel" passage

As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. This clearly says that we can't be converted but Allah still tortures us for an eternity. Isn't that cruel?!

nor shall you befriend the disbelievers.

God enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them.

Contradiction?

And there is no error in Islam. Not even one.

Are you kidding me?! Do some research...

Many "miracles" etc. Things that actually wouldn't be known in that time etc

For example? (and don't show me a video of Dr Zakir Naik because they got all pretty much debunked...)
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

500 years ago people believed that the earth was flat. If so many believed it, why shouldn't it be right?

Don't compare apples with pears.

I think you should reject it. It's horrible!

how do you or did you come up with this idea?

As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. This clearly says that we can't be converted but Allah still tortures us for an eternity. Isn't that cruel?!

Is there a possibility that you can convert to Islam? Yes or no? And why?

Contradiction?

There is no contradiction. Don't befriend them if they if they fight you, if they don't fight you, you can befriend. Simple as that.

Are you kidding me?! Do some research...

the so called "errors" are debunked

For example?

About the atmosphere. 7 layers protecting us, all with different functions.

"Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate. (Qur'an 41:11-12)"

1. Troposphere

2. Stratosphere

3. Mesosphere

4. Thermosphere

5. Exosphere

6. Ionosphere

7. Magnetosphere

Greetings
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Don't compare apples with pears.

Before the abrahamic religions, there were for example the pagan religions all over Europe. They have still supporters as of today. Why should they be wrong?
Saying 'it must be right because so many people believe it' is in no way a sufficient argument.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Here are a list of contradictions in the Quran with the verses contradictory verses put side by side.

What do you want from me to do? debunk all of them one by one?

Greetings
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

If you'd care to - otherwise those contradictions prove that Islam is not perfect. I mean, I understand that translations of the Quran are imperfect because they're not in the original Arabic, but they still count to some degree.

Showing 31-45 of 558