Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

The World's Hardest Riddle?

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 3:10pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,694 posts

as wrong as soccerdudes answer. dou you even know what the word flammable means?

Easy to burn. It doesn't mean able to catch fire. Pouring gasoline one anything and setting it on fire makes it burn.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 3:12pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,694 posts

What if pinacchio said "my nose will now grow"?

The next statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

1. Nothing would happen. He's not lying, he's assuming.

2. Neither of them are true or false because that would create a paradox.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 3:34pm

crazyape

crazyape

1,800 posts

1. Nothing would happen. He's not lying, he's assuming.

But, in fact, if his statement is false, then his nose will grow, in which case his statement is true, and therefore his nose will not grow.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 4:14pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

Easy to burn. It doesn't mean able to catch fire. Pouring gasoline one anything and setting it on fire makes it burn.

no, it means: when an objects gets in contact with a specified amount of heat, then gases become free so the object can catch fire with the help of the gases.

the question was/is:

how can you burn something when it is not flammable? answer: freezer burn!

my riddle is like the riddle: which house has no roof?

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 5:41pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,694 posts

Hey. You have to answer my riddle from EARLIER. Also:

which house has no roof?

One that's still under construction.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 5:45pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,694 posts

But, in fact, if his statement is false, then his nose will grow, in which case his statement is true, and therefore his nose will not grow.

Not necessarily. It increases when he's lying, and decreasing when he's telling the truth nothing happens. Though, when you're saying something you think is True (Like true or false), and it's wrong, you aren't lying. You're just wrong.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 6:43pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

The next statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

Try solving those linguistic impossibilities.

this thread is about riddles and, as you said, it is impossible. like the pictures from official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=K8NUUfWICovesgb2qoHgCA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=624">Maurits Cornelis Escher

but just in case this is not the right answer: google to the rescue (that is the reason why i create my own riddles so nobody can use google to solve them)!

If the next sentence is true. Then is the previous sentence false?

These sentences present a endless loop of uncertainty known as the liar paradox. These statements are paradoxical because there is no way to assign them a consistent classical binary truth value.

also, a house under construction is not the correct answer. try to think outside the box.

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 1:41am

ironblade41

ironblade41

530 posts

You take off the outside, cook the inside, then eat the outside. What is it?

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 7:12am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

Corn on the cob. you toss out the husk, cook and eat the corn, then toss away the cob. It could be chicken as well. You toss the skin, cook and eat the meat. Toss the bones.

Posted Mar 30, '13 at 10:36am

blk2860

blk2860

10,694 posts

Once, a man lost his shoe. He decided to retrace his footsteps from the day before. He got out of bed and put some boots on. He went to many places that day. First, he went to the grocery store. Then, he went to his friend's house. After that, he played poker. Later, he went to a Nightclub. Drunk, he went home. He took off his glasses, and then he fell asleep. How did he lose his shoe?

You have to answer this riddle! No one solved it yet, and it's mine and it's on page 12.

Reply to The World's Hardest Riddle?

You must be logged in to post a reply!