ForumsThe TavernThe World's Hardest Riddle?

122 42846
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

What is it? A riddle that you can't find on google please

• 122 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

The egg came before birds ever existed. The first egg that was laid on land was from the reptiles, so it is highly probable that the egg came first and through evolution one reptile egg started getting a feather or two. This process of evolution may have took millions of years for the reptile to even gain the structure of a bird. Some say birds are 0.000001% related to the pterodactyl which is the first flying reptile.

Summary: Though it is not a fact, it is highly suggested that the egg came before the chicken.

Sorry for nerding it up ;P

DrakoSlayer
DrakoSlayer
116 posts
Nomad

Really, it all comes down to if you believe in evolution, or if you religion says a god created the animals.

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

I think he was talking about chicken eggs, not eggs in general.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

What I meant is that reptile eggs evolved to become chicken eggs, so eggs came before the chicken.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

You wake up in a room, there are no windows nor doors. The room was built around you. The floors, walls, and ceiling are made of concrete. There's a table in front of you, and you have a saw. How do you escape the room?

I remember this riddle from last year, not sure where it's from, but we used to tell a lot of riddles in study hall. Whenever I ask someone this riddle, they can't answer. It's a pretty easy riddle, though.

inb4someonegooglesit

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

There's a table in front of you, and you have a saw. How do you escape the room?

Actually, you don't have a saw; you have a mirror. Your variation is missing a step.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

What do I have in my pocket?

+1 Internetz for a certain, special answer.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Yeah, that's it, Ernie. Got confused with the saw and mirror. Dunno what step I'm missing, though.

swagman
swagman
156 posts
Nomad

What looses its head in the morning but gets it back at night?
I have no idea how I came up with this one so try to figure it out!

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Yeah, that's it, Ernie. Got confused with the saw and mirror. Dunno what step I'm missing, though.

Something along the lines of "You look into the mirror and take what you saw", then you can move on with the answer you were thinking of before.

What looses its head in the morning but gets it back at night?

Saehrimnir? Probably not what you were thinking of, but still. :P
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What do I have in my pocket?

The Precious, you have the precious, give me the precious!

I'm afraid I don't have any riddles to share at the moment, sorry.
swagman
swagman
156 posts
Nomad

Saehrimnir?Probably not what you were thinking of, but still. :P

Nope but good try though.I've never even heard of that story.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

A person walks along a path, there are two paths and two doors, one door leads to hell, one leads to heaven, and one guy is a liar and the other a truth teller. You can only ask one question.

Are we assuming the liars door is the one we don't want to go through? If so there are a number of ways to determine which is the liar.

what came first the chicken or the egg.... is that a riddle... i dunno but still

Since this doesn't specify it being a chicken egg than it was the egg that came first.

Why is a raven and a writing desk alike?

Technically it was intended to just be nothing more than a joke, but there have been several answers.

"It's nevar put with the wrong end front."
"Because they both come with inky quills"
"Because Poe wrote on both"

Just to name a few.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

What's empty but filled at the same time?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Are we assuming the liars door is the one we don't want to go through? If so there are a number of ways to determine which is the liar.

No, you don't want to go to hell. Care to share a few of your solutions?
Showing 16-30 of 122