ForumsGame WalkthroughsLast stand -Union city : tips and strategies

5 14358
iloveracecars
iloveracecars
199 posts
Blacksmith

When you first begin your adventure youâll be asked to select a class. Depending on what class you are, youâll want to stick with various weapons and different types of weapons. For example, if youâre looking for a good gun character, go with military. Law enforcement is a all-round class â" good for any weapon. I stuck with military for a well-rounded gun class in the beginning of the game, but I soon found blunt weapons and found those more useful than pistols, or any other guns as they require a lot of ammo and that can be hard to come by at times. If youâd like pick a class that is either focused on blunt weaponry or guns. Once youâve picked your class the game will begin. Note, your class isnât too important and youâll be able to earn new upgrade points for your character as your level up.

Here are a couple of tips as you play the game:

Enter every house and search all compartment â" doing this, you may find valuable new items to equip to your character. While most of the stuff will be things that you donât need, there are times you run into new and more damaging weaponry. This is also important for collecting ammo and cash.

Kill as many zombies as you can â" This is a simple enough concept â" kill zombies to level up, grow stronger and be able to kill the zombies even faster and with fewer hiccups. Try not to avoid zombies, but instead try to find them and search every room for them.

Zombies can fall through the ceiling â" Keep an eye out, when in a room, you never know when the zombies are going to crash through the ceiling and into your hands. Little notice is given, so if youâre going to be away from the computer for a while leave the game on pause (achieved by either going to the settings or one of the other menu screens).

Blunt force weapons are great early on in the game â" Early in the game, youâll have very little ammo no matter what your class is. Try to stick with blunt force weapons such as baseball bats or wood. A little be later youâll find the crowbar, which should hold you off for a while! Guns wonât have enough ammo in the beginning, so if you want to use a gun try to stockpile some ammo and then pull out the gun.

Try to carry only what you need â" Like many popular adventure games, The Last Stand â" Union City gives you a capacity limit and if you carry to much youâll be over encumbered. Clothing isnât really a necessity in this game, so carry shorts and a t-shirt. Food should be nutritional and should grant more than 10% health point and be light. Try not carrying too many weapons and only carry the ones you need. Try to keep a melee and a gun.

• 5 Replies
essex_koester
essex_koester
3 posts
Peasant

Create Custom
Strength 10
precision 1
intellect 10
endurance 4
luck 10

essex_koester
essex_koester
3 posts
Peasant

Spoiler alert! I am failry certain that this is the very best way to go about playing the game to beat it as fast as possible. (part of the fun of this game is playing it through and learning, you have to play it through at least twice to really appreciate this game. The keys to beating the game are easy you need to pick up with best possible BLADE weapon as fast as you can. melle weapons are almost exclusively what you need to beat the game, the best weapons in the game are blunts but later it clearly shift to blades, dont waste anyy precious XP skill points on blunt, just suffer through the number or hits you need, you should be ahead of the curb on damge with the high luck and search you upgrade.. This is the case because you cannot pick up enough ammo for the sheer number of dead that you are going to have to kill in order to level up at a fast pase. any combonations will eventually get you there if you have some sort of stragety. But this is esstenially the best way possible. In order to level up you need XP, the SMARTS skill give you more EX per unit searched. after you max up smarts are around 113 (at the same time as this you have ungraded luck to 20 and intellect to as high as possible, strength could possibly be made as low as 6, this might give you time to max it out to 20 and then add a couple to strengh late in the game when the best weapons are heavy, you will be wearing body and head armor so that takes up some weight. To make the strict cutoff of what gun makes the cut you need to pay attention to how many bullets you have, its is vary easy to go through 200 bullets (when i beat the game I had more bullets than i needed so I should be shooting more often than I am in order to get achievment inorder to level up as fast as you can (it is crucial that you forget to level you character up for the first 2 times (this is a hidden achievment that is well worth you time to do, do the pushing a one on the very first person you meet (push someone 40 times, just do it one the first 6 people, dont use any ammor for at least the first half, level up blades after you have done smarts then searching (dont do security I dont think their is much need, books upgrade your skill to excessively high levels, You just have to get good at picking locks (I was so good I didnt even need the sound i could just see it shake that little bit and then time my click just right,
You are going to have to make a choice on what presision skill to level up (I picked up an even number of books for all 4, they where around 14 when I had to pick one. I picked LONG GUNS because the higest damage and most common ammunations are in this class, you should use you low gauge ammo first while unlocking the gun realited achievments after you have done all of the melee ones, I was overly safe with my bullet saving mentality, if i where to play in the harder game mode my "class would be perfect" you add points to survival you need to uprgade fitness some, I exsuasted my running very frequently, i think I should put a few more points on it so i can run to find more people to kill. a rough guidline is that you need to kill almost half as many as you had to kill in order to clear all of the rooms you possibly could and then walk back through the map and check every room again. XP is so desperately needed in order to level up as fast as possible.

Create Custom
Strength 10
precision 1
intellect 10
endurance 4
luck 10

Prioritized list form
DO NOT READ ANY OF YOUR BOOKS until you have upgrade you smarts to max at ~113 because you get 7 skill points instead of 5 (it doesnt take long at all to get to level 100, and then by that time you have a nice little stash of books, the large # of books might be a problem with weight, but without caring about clothes at all and only having a couple of weapon worth keeping long term it should be very do-able.)
SAVE YOUR LARGE DIAMETER ROUNDS (they cause more damage and are best utilized in a very high damage gun later in the game when it is required to have a high powered weapon)
If it says max next to it it means you do that one skill all the way through to its max without straying (straying may be needed at times but this list is very **** near perfect)
Luck-MAX
SEARCHING-MAX
SECURITY if need be but I would just skip the safes you cant open (you of course will come back to them as you sweat through the level quickly; just have books upgrade this skill (but there is a perk that is worth your time to crack safes and a high skill level on this one is needed, I cracked the last 3 of 4 safes in the game to get that achievement). Leveling up doesnt ever loose its importance, you get to a point where you know you can realize and just click away as you kill endless hurds of people with the battle ax.
when maxing a hard decision on what gun to keep you need to think about what is best for your partner (parter should always have a silenced gun(up to ~80 completion, you can use the loud shot to attrack more dead to kill in a nice stead stream, when you do this you need a one shot one kill sniper rifle (most logical choice i think, (high damage, high ammo frequence, i waited to do this until i picke up a militryary grade sniper rifle(cant remeber the name but it had the highest damage and accuracy with a very common bullet type)
Blades-needs to be almost in the 70s to beat the game (at 70 you get 95% one shot kills, the one people you dont kill and the ones wearing armor but they walk slow enough you dont have to worry about them, it just takes a couple of hits, i didnt really upgrade this skill until i had to deal with the shielded ones, reloading isnt an option in far to many situations)
You need to get really good at moving from [E] to [W], you need to prepare yourself to hit [G] to save hanks life (not sure if it matters who you have as a companion but im sure hank is a better one that whats her face.)
FIRST AID prgression at a nice level with books if you search everthing and pick up every food item you will have enough to be dangerous with your healh points in order to gain XP and not have hand shoot it away. Just use the food items first (the %tage ones should be saved until later, I put the no ZZZ in my storage and never pulled them out to use them)
You need to read what each achivement is (read this its a good start but it doesnt highlight the easy ones that should be done right away (most of the hidden ones are very easy), the set list for than is more a just a game style of how your playing, i really liked how i did mine http://armorgames.com/community/thread/8072561/100-achievements-the-last-stand-3-union-city). Completing achievements is difficult you just have to focus on a couple of them and work on them.
I am going to make a spread sheet with the gun damage to bullet frequency in oder to determine the "best guns" and what guns to use with the low powered ammo first while upgrading perks while saving the better ammo for later play.

I feel like i have this game down to a science (i dont know the completely right answer but I have a really good idea of what the right answer it)
Im going to play it through at least another time to perfect this some more.

Comments are encouraged, just please try and have specific constructive criticism

essex_koester
essex_koester
3 posts
Peasant

I feel like I should just repost this on the board instead of just commenting

Strangehypeless
Strangehypeless
1 posts
Nomad

question, does anyone know where to find the small safe at whistlers forest?

kliop000
kliop000
7 posts
Jester

Feeling old, but yea, just be sure MAX out your luck and search and it is not that difficult at all even you read a lot, yet can u get to the happy ending tho...

Showing 1-5 of 5