ForumsSupport ForumAdd a new section to The Forge

7 2183
redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

I think you should add a writing section for The Forge. Like you have for art but make it for things like short stories, poems, and fan fictions. I want to become a writer and I'm in the process of writing a novel and I'd like to get it rated by other people and I think this would be a great section. Please take it into consideration.

Thanks,
Hunter

• 7 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

That's a great idea, I had a long time ago thought about this when some people started posting various stories, however they often get buried under the mass of forum games in the Tavern or something, I would like to see this happen, or at least some section like a Sub-Forum(however I think the sub-forum idea was decided a bad idea long ago?). Oh well, either way I still think that something should be done so people like redbedhead who write various FanFictions or their own stuff can show their works. =)

Jordanhasgerms
Jordanhasgerms
150 posts
Nomad

I really don't think this would be a good day, because it would just open up more spamming. I think that if you really enjoy writing than like start a live journal or something because that would just cause too much spam. I would support it don't get me wrong but it just wouldn't work.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Well...um...there is the Art section you know. Writing is a form of art, and several topics about and for writing have been started there.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

On one hand, there have been a lot of poetry submissions to the art and music section, it might be nice to have a place to keep all of them. But on the other hand, it would add plagiarism-hunting to the list of the mods' responsibilities... It's a tough choice, and my vote is against it. There is no need to crete an entire forum section just for writing. I do, however, propose to make an addendum to the "Art and Music" topic so that it reads "Art, Music, and Poetry."

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

well see not just poetry though, but I see how the mods would have to do more work

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think that just posting that sort of thing under the Art forum is a good idea. It probably is not a popular enough thing to require an entire forum. But if you want to make topics in the Art section, that seems like a good idea.

152 posts
Nomad

sounds good i think it would atract alot more people

Showing 1-7 of 7