ForumsPopular MediaCartoon Network:Where did the good times go?

22 5812
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Where have they gone?I remember the good ol' days of Kids Next Door,Courage the Cowardly dog,Dexter's Lab,and some other great ones.Now whenever I click to the channel I see a blue crane and a raccoon riding a golf cart yelling ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!What happened?Post if you agree.Lets get back the old CN!

• 22 Replies
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

So true. There's already a link on old cartoons, but I guess this one is more specific by naming the channel. Mad and Adventure time aren't that bad, but they're not what I grew up with. I remember Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and when the one kid (Mac, was it? Or max) found underwear in his stalking and was so happy :P I also remember Xiaolin Showdown, and the one Scooby Doo Special where they went to the house with all of the kids and monsters. It lasted like an hour. Sorry this is such a long post, I just kinda miss the good old days

supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

So true.

Yep.

There's already a link on old cartoons, but I guess this one is more specific by naming the channel.

What do you mean?

Mad and Adventure time aren't that bad, but they're not what I grew up with

Yes,I can agree with that,but I don't want the future of America watching some other crud they now consider "comedy".And what are all these shows on Wednesday nights?

I remember Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and when the one kid (Mac, was it? Or max) found underwear in his stalking and was so happy :P

Yes that was a fun special.Oh dear.I'm about to tear up.

I also remember Xiaolin Showdown

Is that the old anime/animation?If it is then that was one of my favorite shows.

and the one Scooby Doo Special where they went to the house with all of the kids and monsters. It lasted like an hour.

Ooh I still have that on tape.I believe that was part of an older era of CN,though.

Sorry this is such a long post, I just kinda miss the good old days

Its alright.Mines longer so no worries.
dabadgecollector
dabadgecollector
25 posts
Nomad

Yep I remember the good ol days where there were cartoons like ed edd an eddy,foster's home for imaginary friends,courage now there's few cartoons on there I actually like yep they really went downhill quickly.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

What do you mean?

Sorry. I meant thread. There's a thread titled "Old cartoons are better"

Is that the old anime/animation? If it is then that was one of my favorite shows.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it is. Is this what you're talking about, because it's what I referencing. The show with the yellow guy who looks kinda like Krillin from DBZ, the cowboy, girl, and other guy. That used to be my favorite show. Now that I think about it, I guess that's where my later liking for DBZ came from :P

Oh my gosh! Now that I think about it, Xiaolin Showdown is like an older version of Avatar the Last Airbender!

I remember Billy and Mandy, class of 3000, even, briefly, Squirrel Boy.
Ahhhhhhhh...
bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

i allready made a page about old cartoons beging better but well the same anwser as notinthepie3 if you want to talk about any old cartoon being better please go old cartoons are better my page

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

The Regular Show is one of the only, if not the only new show on Cartoon Network to make me lol.

And they still show Courage, Dexter, Jonny Bravo and all that. You just gotta stay up till 3 A.M. Sleep is not a priority.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

Personally, I think the whole thing started going downhill when they started airing shows "IRL".

It's not "Cartoon" Network if you don't show only cartoons, people!

The real-life shows aren't the only ones to blame, though. The cartoons they were putting out at that time weren't as good as what I was used to either.

jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

U can still watch Dexter's Lab at Cartoon Network.
But i miss most of all Tom and Jerry

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

well there still is boomerang it brings on older cartoons i think

glaceonex23
glaceonex23
425 posts
Nomad

Some of the cartoons in Cartoon Network is horrible! >_< I wish all the old cartoons will come back... T_T

well there still is boomerang it brings on older cartoons i think

That's why I sometimes watch there
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I agree the old shows were good, but that show you talked about is also pretty good. New ones I don't like, though:
That gumball show, Chowder (it was good when it started, but then it started stinking), Naked animals or whatever, Skunkfu (cancelled a while ago...I hated that, but my little brother put it on a few times), the one about the kid that saw cartoons...it was based on that movie they made, and a lot of others.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

*sigh* Oh CN, where hath you gone?

We had a good run, until you cut Toonami. WE WERE FOUR WEEKS TILL SHIPPUDEN! I LOVE THE GAARA END SERIES ARC! **** YOU!

That was our first warning sign. Our "Evacuate within a week" sign. Then TDI came and went, and the sequel kinda hit the wrong bone. That was our "Seriously, Evacuate" sign. Then we get hit with the RL shows...

Anyone left in the 500 mile radius of the blast was devastated. None could be done to help them.

I do dig Adventure Time, Regular Show, and MAD, but they don't inspire the sense of love I once had for Naruto, Dexter's Lab, the two best series' ever, Ed Edd and Eddy, and Megas XLR. I even miss original Chowder, original Flapjack, and on some days, I shed a tear for Camp Lazlo. I never got how they changed that one Sergeant dude's aesthetic half-way through the series.

-Chillz

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

But i miss most of all Tom and Jerry

Hey JayJay9, you can unclench now. Tom and Jerry is still on CN weekdays at 1300 hrs (1:00 pm).

Some of the cartoons in Cartoon Network is horrible! >_< I wish all the old cartoons will come back...
Oh CN, where hath you gone?
Anyone left in the 500 mile radius of the blast was devastated. None could be done to help them.

I totally agree with you. I really miss the "Good ol' Days" of Toonami; Zoids, G Gundam, classic TMNT, Transformers Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. A moment of silence, if you would...
Now, to be fair, some of the new shows are good. Star Wars: The Clone Wars has had quite a few high points, Young Justice is/was ok, except for one episode where they show soldiers of a hostile country with distinctly American gear, and the fact that there haven't been any new episodes in like 8 months, Generator Rex is about 7.5/10, the Ben 10 sequel series have been about 7.5/10 as well, and Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5, while sometimes coming over as a bit shallow on the plot has good action and great vehicles. Pretty much everything else on the channel, though, let's just call an airstrike and get it over with already.
Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

Since I'm too lazy to post again. You can go visit the "old cartoons are better" thread, (I think that's what it's called) which is pretty much the same as this, and see my post there.

SierraCastaway
SierraCastaway
130 posts
Nomad

I remember Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and when the one kid (Mac, was it? Or max) found underwear in his stalking and was so happy

I miss that show.... What happened to the Good shows?
Showing 1-15 of 22