Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

So long, and thanks for all the fish. For reals this time.

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 4:15pm

brp47

brp47

582 posts

i will miss you aswell if you ever decide to leave fully, but i wish you the best of luck in your new job, and it's not so bad afterall, because you will still be on AG

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 4:25pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,964 posts

Knight

Who will be the perma banner around here for now on?

Justin, mostly. Report stuff to him that you'd report to me. He's only in the office in the mornings and early afternoons though, so might take some time to respond, but he'll respond eventually.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 4:46pm

master565

master565

4,288 posts

Don't believe him guys, he's just trying to get an early start on the april fools joke for 2012.

Just kidding, but I wish you luck at your new job.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 7:14pm

johnmerz

johnmerz

555 posts

It is ironic that there was an April fool's day joke recently, in which you "quit" AG. Did you know you were going to resign in the near future when you said that?
[quote=Cormyn]I know we had some lulz over the idea of my resignation back on April Fool's Day, but this time it's legitimate and real. No, really, cross my heart, etc..[/quote]
Don't worry, I trust that it is real this time.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 7:33pm

dair5

dair5

3,475 posts

It's great that you found a good opprotunity to better you and your families lives. But it also sucks that we'll be seeing less of you here. Well, it's good that you have this chance and that's all that matters. Congradulations.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 7:35pm

d_dude

d_dude

3,589 posts

If there was the perfect time to put down a sadface...

I can't believe that Strop and Cormyn are both leaving. At least Ash showed up.

We'll all miss you!

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 7:41pm

CommanderDude7

CommanderDude7

4,753 posts

You were a good admin and shall be missed even though you will still be around a bit. Though I wish the word reals in the title would have been reels. It would have gone with your o-fish-al armatar. Still its good to know you have a good oppor-tuna-ty for your career.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 7:54pm

pauler94

pauler94

2,557 posts

Farewell, Cormyn. I know you'll still be around sometimes, but you're one of the best Administrators on this site. Your decision to work for another company, and AG part-time, is probably for the better though. Good luck!

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 9:00pm

chang

chang

877 posts

You'll definitely be missed Cormyn, by a lot of AG users, even though you will still be around a somewhat. I wish you the best of luck at your new job.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 9:14pm

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

3,038 posts

"The legends tell of a Admin who let no Spammer pass, would not sleep until every troll is silenced, and helped build the mighty AG3. That legendary Admin was known only by Ian Cormyn."

That's the story we tell all the AG3 new members.