ForumsThe TavernSo long, and thanks for all the fish. For reals this time.

55 14195
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey Gamers,

I know we had some lulz over the idea of my resignation back on April Fool's Day, but this time it's legitimate and real. No, really, cross my heart, etc..

I wanted you guys to hear it from me personally to avoid any rumors.

As of August 22nd, 2011, I'll be a full-time employee of a different company (not game-related in any way) and will become a part-time employee of Armor Games as a contractor/consultant to help finish up AG3 and help with all of the other stuff I did day to day Monday to Friday. Except now I'll be doing that stuff in the evenings and weekends instead.

Am I still technically working for Armor Games after August 22nd? Yes, I'm still going to be a paid employee, I'll just be paid hourly instead of a salary. Nothing else changes for the foreseeable future, other than I might take longer to answer questions.

For how long? Indefinitely, at Dan's discretion. I've offered to keep helping with software development for as long as they need me and for as long as I'm able.

Will I still have Admin privileges? As far as I know, I'll still be an Admin user. Even if Dan makes the decision to terminate my part-time employment, he can choose to let me keep Admin privileges to help the Moderators in my spare time. Or, if he wants to revoke my Admin access, I can always ask him to keep me on as a Moderator.

Will this delay AG3? Not really. A lot of AG3 is done, and lately I've actually been working more on systems administration, automation, databases, etc.. And the parts of AG3 that are changing due to user feedback will be rolled out over time anyway. However, since I won't be in the office any more, I might be out of the loop on some things happening with AG3, so you guys might need to poke Ron to chat in the AG3 forum about what's being worked on.

Is it bad timing to leave? Yeah, it's bad timing for Armor Games, and I feel bad for leaving the company, but for my family goals and career goals, this was the best timing.

Was there anything going on within the company to prompt this change? Nope. 100% of my reasons were personal or based on family and career goals.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask on my profile.

• 55 Replies
LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

Goodbye Ian!
Hope you have fun, in your new job.
And, good luck with your family.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

So....you're not actually leaving, you just no longer work here?

D: way to get my hopes up.

Going with Skater on this one.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I want to say thanks for answering the volleys of questions I'd rally at you, and good luck with your new job and family!

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Aww... AG will never be the same without Ian...

"A world without cormyn's admin actions is chaos!"

But now seriously, good luck with your new job and with your family!

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

I'm depressed now! I wish you and your family the best, and hope you like your new job!

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

can you make me a mod before you go? kthxbai

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

zohmaigawd michaeljackson/amywinehouse effect has spread to cormyn too.

[quote]
So....you're not actually leaving, you just no longer work here?

D: way to get my hopes up.

Going with Skater on this one.
[/quote]

^
wwedfan1
wwedfan1
188 posts
Peasant

can't do the same job forever good luck and still hope you keep your admin status.

jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

I hope ur new job will be great!
Good luck
"Bye"

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Goodbye! (Mostly) Good luck! Hopefully, you'll be able to to stay as an administrator! Have fun at your new job! And don't forget about us!

(Why am I using so many exclamation points?)

AngelOfTheUnion
AngelOfTheUnion
1 posts
Nomad

Were all gonna miss you. -sniff- Hope you come and play sometime D:

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
512 posts
Peasant

You were the first Admin to post in one of my threads. I was honoured. Good luck with your new job, whatever it is.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Good luck with your new job and with the family, man :]

bramiboy
bramiboy
122 posts
Nomad

You've done a great work for ArmorGames!
Thanks for that.

Good luck with your new job!

rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

*sniff*
... I'M GONNA MISS YA!

Oh, you'll be coming back from time to time? YAY!

Showing 31-45 of 55