ForumsNews and FeedbackNotification Bar

10 3612
supermape123
supermape123
431 posts
Nomad

Could there be something that notifies you for stuff like if someone posts on your thread,your messenger,and maybe some others.Please get back to me.

• 10 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure that this has been suggested some other times... but I can;t find where. I also forget what cormyn said as an answer.

The messenger one (Actually PMs, there's only PMing and the Activity Stream in the AG3 beta) does show a little notification when something happens. (Screenshot in a mo.) The thread idea is one that I LOVE, and I hope it's in AG3.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Hrm. It seems there's no more notification when you get a PM...

Is this just me?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

You *do* get notified when you have a friend request and when someone is following you. All this is sent to your inbox when it happens.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

But not when someone sends you a PM? That's strange, because I remember that it did. (Unless my memory is faulty

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Oh yeah that. Yeah you can totally receive a notification by E-mail when someone gives you a private message. It's all there when you select it in your privacy tab.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Forgive me for being unclear before, but I thought that when you got a PM, a little "1" surrounded by a red box showed up just like when you get a friend request (and stuff) in your AG3 inbox.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

when someone sends you a PM, you'll get an Email notice with the text of the message, not like AG2 where it just gives you a link back to the web site in order to read the message.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

it would be nice to have a notifcation of it in the bar (like facebook) otherwise you have to check your mail often or check your AG inbox ofteen... i seem it would not take much to make a event listener with java (or what ever html has) for new email and up date an icon to tell you...

though the AG3 email notice is a lot better i don't have to open a new tab i can look at the email, and see if it is wearth looking commenting back.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Kyahco, the event notifier is already there and working.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Oh... meaning it is alraedy implemented or you got the code set up...
If there first sorry I have little internet(as you know) so it's hard to keep up and get on the beta site and then what is the problem?

If the later great! Tell the devs there doing great on of the nicest sites I've seen!

Showing 1-10 of 10