ForumsNews and FeedbackUnique gameplay icons

5 2247
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

On youtube, there are videos that have a little icon that says [HD] if it can play in HD and some that can play in 3-D.
Well, basically my idea is similar to that. If games have special features (E.G. Multiplayer, 3-D, game controller enabled, etc.), there could be small icons displayed in the title and in the game description.

• 5 Replies
PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Not a bad idea in itself I think, but I think mostly just the multiplayer icon will be used, since the vast majority of the games is pretty straight-forward in that they don't use 3D or game controllers.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

hmmm no big ubjections but the fact of room to but those icons... and the fact that i dout it will happen and if so it would be after launch... but good idea,

adam9812 not to burst your bubble(tank) but i have never seen a FULLY 3D game on AG so far in the year i've been here (feel longer) so the only one i see getting used is multiplayer.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We hope to have more full-screen games on AG3, and we'll probably use the 'tag' system to mark them. I don't think we'll have enough to warrant a whole new icon on game lists, though.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

it would be nice if you could make the tags more appearnt, like show all the tags a game has to help those searching find what there want,
and maybe in the new dev corner add something to help the devs name tags correctly, like you could call a top down shooter several thing(birds eye shooter sky view shooter) if there a new dev or any thing of that sort, they may name it something its not or name it a uncommen name, so you could give a list of commen tag names,

also make the list of tags (like the one on the home page) a little better...

but full-screen... i will have to take that in mind... thank cormyn for the idea!

Showing 1-4 of 5