ForumsWEPRCome this summer...

16 4229
Fishinmage
Fishinmage
37 posts
Nomad

Well it has been predicted that the pope will die this summer, the next pope will be the anti-Christ and be wearing a purple turban, and he will manipulate the world into chaos and cause Armageddon.

My question is, what do you think of all these people who can 'see into the future'? Do you think there is some truth to all their claims or do they just want attention?

• 16 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well no one can "cause" the Armageddon. That would be God's choice for when that happens "if it ever does." Also, no one can predict when someone will die. ALSO, why would a man like that be elected as pope? I think this is kind of an "etchy" thread, but we'll see how this goes.

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

yeah that theory is crap

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Unless they have every bit of knowledge that would influence everything in the world, they can't predict 100% (or 99.99) of what would happen.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Very true.
@eddie. There isn't a "line" for the next pope. Alot of Cardinals are put into a room to debate the next pope.

Fishinmage
Fishinmage
37 posts
Nomad

Ya these are the ways i think too. You cant predict when something is going to happen, and the whole theory when i first heard it, made me laugh.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Let's review what percentage of end of the world prophecies have come true: 0%

How much of this end of the world prophecy do I believe? 0%

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

That sounds pretty cool !

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Watch, we're all going to deny this and it will happen, then we'd say 'Well, that guy on Armorgames was right. Oh well.' then proceed to die at the hands of the purple headed pope.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Well first off, you have to ask yourself if you believe in the prophecy yourself. Second, if you are willing to make all the prophitical moves after ther prophecy comes true. But come on, it ain't goin ta happn Fishinmage.

Fishinmage
Fishinmage
37 posts
Nomad

What part of 'i didnt make this theory' dont you people get? if you actually read my post i asked if you believe ANY future tellers and there predictions, this prediction was by some old guy a long time ago.

The_Masquerade
The_Masquerade
140 posts
Nomad

Just to top it off, very nice title.

If in end of world, people dying, catastrophe, armageddon, etc., do you mean the end of the Mayan calender? If you do then you should know that it is nothing but the end of the Mayan calender. Nothing is going to happen, like that virus that attacked in 2000 predicted to destroy all computers. In fact it did a fraction of a percentage of a internet collapse. Also, if there are any propagandizers here then why are you spending your time debating it when if you believe its the end of the world? Its horrible time spending< I can tell you that if you believe in the end of the world....to be so gullible should be a sin.

WildStriker404
WildStriker404
60 posts
Nomad

If you know the future, then you have the power to either hasten it, divert it, or allow it to run its course. Then again, so many variables exist in this universe that accurate predictions are impossible. Chaos abhors being guessed at.

Also, if you want to know the most likely futures, look to the past. History comes in cycles; every era has parallels with every other era.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I dunno... this doesn't seem probable. But then again, do you ever have deja vu? Because I have had dreams before where the exact events have happened there after. But is that just coincidence? Who knows!

WildStriker404
WildStriker404
60 posts
Nomad

The improbable does happen from time to time. And yes, I have experinced deja vu quite often.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Well deja vu is like a little bit into the future but it is not 2 years into the future i have deja vu all the time and most of it doesnt matter at all

Showing 1-15 of 16