Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Mormon Talk

Posted Sep 4, '11 at 2:22pm

MostlyToastly

MostlyToastly

102 posts

Here, I found a picture of a temple recommend online.
http://packham.n4m.org/recomm.jpg

We are not supposed to swear, because profanity is considered very disrespectful to ourselves, to the person to whom we are speaking, and to the language itself. We are also technically not supposed to use replacement swear words such as "dang", "heck", etc. because the intent is the same with these as with the more hardcore swearwords, so it is equally disrespectful. However, many Mormons do this anyway. It's very difficult not to, words just slip out. I catch myself doing it sometimes as well.

Sauf pour la language francaise. Il est acceptable de manquer de respect que la language, car nous avons tous le detestent. Je blague. Je me moque de la langue francaise parce que mon francais est mechant. Et mes blagues sont terribles.

Posted Sep 4, '11 at 2:30pm

MostlyToastly

MostlyToastly

102 posts

Triple post: I officially fail.

How does that make you feel/fit in with your beliefs since i know that you would like to join the army?

I want to join the military to serve my country, but I'm not interested in the combat arms. I would like to be an EOD(Explosive Ordinance Disposal) or CBRN(Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear) officer. I won't kill anyone if I can avoid it.

Posted Sep 4, '11 at 6:16pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I want to join the military to serve my country, but I'm not interested in the combat arms. I would like to be an EOD(Explosive Ordinance Disposal) or CBRN(Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear) officer. I won't kill anyone if I can avoid it.

thats rather admirable toastly. the most I plan on being is a vet.

Posted Sep 4, '11 at 6:18pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

That's pretty cool toasty. Patriotic and keeping with the religion :]

Posted Sep 5, '11 at 5:08pm

CalvinKidd137

CalvinKidd137

587 posts

Dude that's an awesome idea I never thought of that.

Posted Sep 5, '11 at 6:08pm

MostlyToastly

MostlyToastly

102 posts

thats rather admirable toastly. the most I plan on being is a vet.
That's pretty cool toasty. Patriotic and keeping with the religion :]
Dude that's an awesome idea I never thought of that.

Thank you very much.
@Bladerunner: I don't plan on a military career. I'll just serve a few years. And veterinarian is a far more benevolent(for lack of a better word) career than chemical engineer.

Posted Sep 5, '11 at 6:15pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

Sauf pour la language francaise. Il est acceptable de manquer de respect que la language, car nous avons tous le detestent. Je blague. Je me moque de la langue francaise parce que mon francais est mechant. Et mes blagues sont terribles.

Lol. C'est n'est pas vrai. La language francaise est tres belle. Aussi, ton blauges sont tres tres mal :)

Posted Sep 5, '11 at 6:42pm

MostlyToastly

MostlyToastly

102 posts

Lol. C'est n'est pas vrai. La language francaise est tres belle. Aussi, ton blauges sont tres tres mal :)

Je suis d'accord avec votre dernier releve, a propos mes blagues. xP Mais j'aime bien les langues espagnole et allemande mieux que la langue francaise.
I'll provide translations, since we're not supposed to talk in other languages on AG.
I basically said "Except for French, we're allowed to disrespect that language because we all hate it. Just joking. I make fun of the French language because my French is bad. And my jokes are terrible."
Zakyman said "It is not true. The French language is very beautiful. Also, your jokes are very very bad."
To which I replied "I agree with your latter statement about my jokes. But I like the Spanish and German languages better than the French language."

Posted Sep 6, '11 at 7:33pm

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

1,283 posts

What kind of things do you do when you go to church?

Posted Sep 6, '11 at 7:44pm

CalvinKidd137

CalvinKidd137

587 posts

What kind of things do you do when you go to church?

Well it depends on the class. If you are in Sunday school you learn about gospel stories and such. If your in priesthood you learn about magnifying your priesthood duties. In sacrament meeting you hear other speakers get up and talk about different topics.

Reply to Mormon Talk

You must be logged in to post a reply!