ForumsProgramming ForumDownloads

5 5338
Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

I had no idea where to post this so I put it here, recently I downloaded Rome Total War for my computer and it took like 5 hours. After it was finished I looked at the file I downloaded and there were only these little rld-rtwa, rld-rtwb and rld-rtwc files that have a little cone as the picture beside it. When I click on them this thing pops up in the corner that looks like some sort of media player but you can't really do anything with it. Anybody can help me figure this out? I already tried searching google but I didn't find anything helpful.

• 5 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Sounds you torrented the game and are confused with your new-found pirated loot.

Which is not to be discussed here on AG and it's not part of the programming sub-forum either.

ARRRHGGG!! YOU ARE A PIRATE!!

Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, I got it from Utorrent but It's never failed me before. I also tried many different downloads but they all gave me the same thing. And what does that video have to do with anything? XD

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Absolutely nothing, just wanted a less serious end to the discussion.

arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

A word about torrents: *ahem*

DO NOT USE THEM!

Torrents are not only illegal, but are very dangerous, because they take pieces from different computers, and can easily have viruses injected in them.

Oh, and you just admitted to being a pirate. I quote "Ya dun goofed."

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

FTFY

DO NOT USE THEM! Because supporting developers is always better .

Torrents are not only illegal in some countries, but are very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. They can have viruses.

Oh, and you just admitted to being a pirate and no one cares just don't discuss it here.

Also that assuming you torrent illegal material and not just Linux distributions.

End of discussion go find an appropriate forum if you want to discuss in in detail.

Showing 1-5 of 5