ForumsProgramming ForumEasiest programming language help

11 5636
understated
understated
4 posts
Nomad

I want to learn the easiest programming language, but have no I idea where to start. I know basically nothing about the subject, I just want to learn the language then work my way up. I mostly just want to make games like you have on here. But I'm not a big fan of ActionScript's 700$ price tag so obviously money IS an issue here. Anyway as you can see I'm very good at typing these kinds of things so I'm just going to leave it there.

• 11 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I want to learn the easiest programming language,

Python, arguably.

but have no I idea where to start.

A book free ones at that.

I know basically nothing about the subject,

Intro books cover everything and Wikipedia and other sites you can find with Google explain things wonderfully.

I mostly just want to make games like you have on here.

You're not going to be making Flash games if you can't invest into it. Also student editions run you like $200.

The closest thing to Flash games is HTML5 games.
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

You're not going to be making Flash games if you can't invest into it. Also student editions run you like $200.

But how about flashdevelop, I read that is free and you can make flash game with it, is that true?
ec100
ec100
1 posts
Nomad

But how about flashdevelop, I read that is free and you can make flash game with it, is that true?

Yeah flashdevelop is free and I actually have it installed now, but 700$ for CS5 is quite a bit too steep for me.
understated
understated
4 posts
Nomad

Yeah like I said money IS an issue. So I think I'm going with python. (Not sure though.)

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yeah flashdevelop is free and I actually have it installed now, but 700$ for CS5 is quite a bit too steep for me.

Sure flashdevelop is free but there haven't been many games made in it from what I know having a good UI is pretty essential to developing a good game. It's more for highly dynamic games by people experienced with programming not newcomers.

So I think I'm going with python. (Not sure though.)

Best choice for a beginner, try Pygame if you want to get into game development with it.
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

If you're going with python, you can't post on armorgames. I don't know of any sites that accept python games.

Flashdevelop is good, but it has no stage, which makes it more difficult for beginners to use.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

If you're going with python, you can't post on armorgames. I don't know of any sites that accept python games.

If you can't be bothered to find a job to pay for it then posting a game on AG should not be a concern. Also OP did not mention that the only reason he/she wanted to make games was to post on AG. He/She only mentioned that they wanted to make similar games.

Also Flash-develop and AS3 as a starter language and environment are a poor choice.
understated
understated
4 posts
Nomad

Yeah I think I will go with python. Thanks guys!
Also, is there any way to boost reputation of a person or something like that?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yeah I think I will go with python. Thanks guys!
Also, is there any way to boost reputation of a person or something like that?

Not really, other than thanking the people.
understated
understated
4 posts
Nomad

Alright then. Thanks Darkroot!

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

No problem, if you need any help with python feel free to ask.

Showing 1-11 of 11