ForumsGamesKingdom Rush: Frontiers! (Coming Sequel...)

168 81234
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

So I'm sure most people have heard one way or another of the second Kingdom Rush game coming out.

This discussion is for discussing that game. What would be some of the things you'd like to see in the new game? What do you want to see come back from the first game? What would you like changed? How excited are you that we're going to soon be seeing the second Kingdom Rush game?

As for myself, I'm hoping that the Sequel maintains the purity of the first one. I liked the simple graphics and gameplay. I liked how the maps were interactive (killing the sheep, catching fish, and activating windmills). Seeing that again would be a treat. I'm also hoping that the towers from the first game come back in the second one. Nothing would be more devastating than to see the towers have a complete makeover. I highly doubt it would happen, but still... Lastly, I want them to keep the upgrade tree. I most definitely liked the style of the star upgrades. I thought they were very well thought out and developed, and I would like to see the tree with its same or very similar cleverness of build.

Things I want changed? I might be secretly hoping for maybe a different kind of tower, but if that doesn't happen, I'd still be happy. I would want the levels to be a little bit longer perhaps. It seemed like I would just be hitting my stride in the tower building process and then it would be over, which was kind of disappointing. So if they would add longer levels or maybe add an "Endless" mode, I would thoroughly enjoy the game all the more.

What do you all think?

• 168 Replies
wrymslayer
wrymslayer
16 posts
Nomad

I think the ideas of an Alchemy tower of sorts would be spectacular. Something that doesn't really do damage directly but benefits all the other towers by giving them boosts.

For example it could make "Attack Potions" that would increase the attack of an Archer tower for 60 sec. Or a "Defense Potion" that allows the Infantry towers to increase their troop's defense and increase your reinforcement's defense as well ( or separately). Maybe a "Range Potion" to increase the range of Mage/Archer/Bomb Towers as well.

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

maye there could bea wizard tower that has a spell that makes monster backstab their team mates and fight them to the death

SuperAwesomeGuy2
SuperAwesomeGuy2
11 posts
Shepherd

If there is a sequel,I hope we get to go to Hammerhold.

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

SuperAwesomeGuy2: Sorry dude. I wished so too, but they're using a new map. It is the next map on the KR world, so it will not be using any of the locations of the first game, or so Ironhide said.

PS I like your name.

Roty
Roty
779 posts
Nomad

KR just came out few weeks ago. To make a sequel to such an epicly amazing game, it requires some time. But I am pretty sure the maker will make a sequel, thanks to the huge popularity to the game.

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Roty: Read the first and second pages of this thread. Follow the links provided and read Ironhide's comment. It will become very clear...
Or if you don't want to do that, you can just trust me in saying that the game will be coming soon (they already have the game template from the first one, so they don't need to recreate the game), and that there is another game coming.

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Oh, and it came out a couple of months ago.

wrymslayer
wrymslayer
16 posts
Nomad

I do hope they continue the trend with the bosses being able to "disable" towers or something along those lines. Kept you on your toes lol.

Maybe they could have a boss, for this idea the last one would make sense, that would not only "disable" towers but de-level or destroy them. That would make it extremely challenging!

rivercrab01
rivercrab01
1,242 posts
Nomad

Maybe they could have a boss, for this idea the last one would make sense, that would not only "disable" towers but de-level or destroy them. That would make it extremely challenging!

I just got a new idea! A wizard enemy, he travels to a certain part of the map, and starts building a magic circle. It he is not killed before he finishes, then enemies will be able to use the circle to teleport past towers OR monsters will spawn from it.

Combine the 2 ideas, you've got a wizard boss! De-levels towers, (If they are level 1, they are destroyed,) Spawns Enemies and uses teleportation powers! Maybe he can summon the stone golems, I think it'll be nice to fight them for a change!
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

haha, love that idea!!!

wrymslayer
wrymslayer
16 posts
Nomad

I know in the premium service their is a lightening spell, but could the alchemy tower the thread has been talking about create potions that could be "thrown" like a spell?

For example a poison potion that poisons a group of monsters or one that takes the sheep spell and applies that to a group of monsters.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Has anybody thrown out the idea of traps in the game?

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Yeah, honestly it would seem that both throwing of spells and traps would be a lot like GemCraft... but then again, there are ways to make both of those features unique. Traps could be temporary, or upgradable, or movable. Spells could be upgradable, or disable-able, or deflectable...

Roty
Roty
779 posts
Nomad

Roty: Read the first and second pages of this thread. Follow the links provided and read Ironhide's comment. It will become very clear...
Or if you don't want to do that, you can just trust me in saying that the game will be coming soon (they already have the game template from the first one, so they don't need to recreate the game), and that there is another game coming.

I want KR 2 to come too, but I don't see KR 2 anywhere on the links provided on Page 1 and 2.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

Has anybody thrown out the idea of traps in the game?

Not sure if that would be necacary.... All the towers are prettymuch traps.

No actually... but that would kind of be copying GemCraft.

How would it be coping? You wouldn't be copying, people learn from other people, you see? if your on ur own, then what will you do?
Showing 31-45 of 168