ForumsGamesKingdom Rush: Frontiers! (Coming Sequel...)

168 81231
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

So I'm sure most people have heard one way or another of the second Kingdom Rush game coming out.

This discussion is for discussing that game. What would be some of the things you'd like to see in the new game? What do you want to see come back from the first game? What would you like changed? How excited are you that we're going to soon be seeing the second Kingdom Rush game?

As for myself, I'm hoping that the Sequel maintains the purity of the first one. I liked the simple graphics and gameplay. I liked how the maps were interactive (killing the sheep, catching fish, and activating windmills). Seeing that again would be a treat. I'm also hoping that the towers from the first game come back in the second one. Nothing would be more devastating than to see the towers have a complete makeover. I highly doubt it would happen, but still... Lastly, I want them to keep the upgrade tree. I most definitely liked the style of the star upgrades. I thought they were very well thought out and developed, and I would like to see the tree with its same or very similar cleverness of build.

Things I want changed? I might be secretly hoping for maybe a different kind of tower, but if that doesn't happen, I'd still be happy. I would want the levels to be a little bit longer perhaps. It seemed like I would just be hitting my stride in the tower building process and then it would be over, which was kind of disappointing. So if they would add longer levels or maybe add an "Endless" mode, I would thoroughly enjoy the game all the more.

What do you all think?

• 168 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

kingdom rush isn't a TD game, it's an rts game, it has units AND towers. It's much better than just a TD game.

It doesn't matter if it's an RTS or TD game. All we need to know is that it is awesome.
RetroEnno
RetroEnno
5 posts
Nomad

I want a Giant Spider Boss for the next one.

...uhh yeah and Zombies! every game gets better with Zombies. xD

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Do the skeletons count as zombies, Retro?

wrymslayer
wrymslayer
16 posts
Nomad

That may have to be KR3 then, and it would be interesting to see the different types of towers a futuristic KR would put out.

The ground units would be fighting with guns(?) or lightsabers (LOL!) where as the Archer towers would be a machine gun turret or laser turret of sorts.

Zenergetic
Zenergetic
1 posts
Nomad

If there is a sequel, Artillery can not be as useless as it is in this game. Its too slow and costs too much to be of any use.

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

@wrymslayer: yeah, a KR3 would be interesting... but might we wait to discuss the third until we see the second? But I'm not trying to hate on your or anything. I think it would be a very good idea, maybe just not at this time. ;-)

@Zenergetic: Possibly debatable. I actually liked the artillery. It was possibly my most used tower by the end of it all. But yeah, it does cost a lot to upgrade.

wrymslayer
wrymslayer
16 posts
Nomad

@2timothy316 I am not saying there should be one (yet) I was mentioning that for those that have stated they wanted a "futuristic" Kingdom Rush it would have to be on the third one rather then the second.

pLaNDaRa
pLaNDaRa
4 posts
Nomad

I cant wait for the Kingdom Rush Sequel! I hope they take the best TD browser game and take it to the next level. The last one was a bit short for me maybe the sequel could have more air creatures and a few more towers to spice it up a bit. and maybe they should add a bonus level to the original once you get all the stars. I would like to give a few suggestions to the creators but they did such a good job on the original i know the sequel will be great.

AsaDePernil
AsaDePernil
20 posts
Nomad

Well i didn't heard about a sequel, but if this really happens, it'll be good. I'm just addicted to the speak of the barracks from the knights: " For honour and glory! " It's such cool the way they talk

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

@AsaDePernil: They all talk so cool! I think "Artillery" guys are Scandinavian (the country where vikings came from). The "Arcane Wizard" (Mage Tower level 4) is obviously Spanish. The "Reinforcements" seem American. The "Ranger's Hideout" guys have awesome, mysterious-sounding voices...Oh, sorry, I'm off topic.

I think that the basic towers will stay the same ('cause then the old simple choice stays) but the Advanced towers will change. I think a bad guy named "Sarazel" did that action at the end of the game, so he'll be the next last boss.
I have an idea how they can make a Endless Mode, for one thing, each wave will make each enemy have more health, armor and attack. Another thing is an endless and randomly generated map (that you have to scroll across) made of different sections of maps, and the path will have a forks in the path to an exit or to the next map section (there can be more that one exit). Map sections will be unlocked as you defeat more waves and then previous paths to an exit will be sealed. Some map areas can also have more than one wave entrance.

joaffle
joaffle
18 posts
Nomad

i am going to jizz my pants when no.2 comes out!!!

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

@bigfatkitty: That is very true.

@wrymslayer: Ok, my bad. But yeah, Iâm still with you in that it would be a fun idea.

@pLaNDaRa: Hmm, the request for more air creatures is a good one. I suppose that they werenât much of a threat in the first one, were they?

@AsaDePernil: Theyâre definitely making a second one⦠I think the first page has a bunch of information about it and page three has a post from Ironhide Games themselves⦠so yeah pretty sure its coming out sometime, and its gonna be GREAT!!!

@AsaDePernil/Gameboy98: Yeah dudes the voice acting is cool, even if it is a bit repetitive.

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

(Eh, looks like my post got a little messed up)

@bigfatkitty: That is very true.

@wrymslayer: Ok, my bad. But yeah, I'm still with you in that it would be a fun idea.

@pLaNDaRa: Hmm, the request for more air creatures is a good one. I suppose that they weren't much of a threat in the first one, were they?

@AsaDePernil: They're definitely making a second one... I think the first page has a bunch of information about it and page three has a post from Ironhide Games themselves... so yeah pretty sure its coming out sometime, and its gonna be GREAT!!!

@AsaDePernil/Gameboy98: Yeah dudes the voice acting is cool, even if it is a bit repetitive.

epicazeroth
epicazeroth
7 posts
Nomad

@bigfatkitty: if something is too powerful, isn't that kind of like saying it's too good

@gameboy98: the artillery people are dwarven, if you check the name, it says "Dwarven Artillery"

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Hey that's pretty nifty, epicazeroth!

Showing 61-75 of 168