ForumsGamesKingdom Rush: Frontiers! (Coming Sequel...)

168 81318
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

So I'm sure most people have heard one way or another of the second Kingdom Rush game coming out.

This discussion is for discussing that game. What would be some of the things you'd like to see in the new game? What do you want to see come back from the first game? What would you like changed? How excited are you that we're going to soon be seeing the second Kingdom Rush game?

As for myself, I'm hoping that the Sequel maintains the purity of the first one. I liked the simple graphics and gameplay. I liked how the maps were interactive (killing the sheep, catching fish, and activating windmills). Seeing that again would be a treat. I'm also hoping that the towers from the first game come back in the second one. Nothing would be more devastating than to see the towers have a complete makeover. I highly doubt it would happen, but still... Lastly, I want them to keep the upgrade tree. I most definitely liked the style of the star upgrades. I thought they were very well thought out and developed, and I would like to see the tree with its same or very similar cleverness of build.

Things I want changed? I might be secretly hoping for maybe a different kind of tower, but if that doesn't happen, I'd still be happy. I would want the levels to be a little bit longer perhaps. It seemed like I would just be hitting my stride in the tower building process and then it would be over, which was kind of disappointing. So if they would add longer levels or maybe add an "Endless" mode, I would thoroughly enjoy the game all the more.

What do you all think?

• 168 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Yes, Kingdow Rush is one of the best TD games. I really like it.
Does anyone know how long the sequel is going to take?

IRONHIDEGAMES
IRONHIDEGAMES
21 posts
Peasant

It will take a few months, we will be adding a lot of new stuff, terrains, enemies, bosses, etc to make it feel like a whole new game. We will keep the towers of course , add a few new ones and improve on the features everyone liked.

wannayeah
wannayeah
2 posts
Jester

please show a little picture!

Gwelwhin
Gwelwhin
8 posts
Peasant

More lvls, more of everything. Just loger gameplay and more story. I just love it as it is. Just give me more kingdomrush.

Way2Old4This
Way2Old4This
1 posts
Nomad

more levels.

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

I think the second one will be infinitely better, but I will see if turns into my new favourite

Xzaithyr
Xzaithyr
138 posts
Bard

I completely agree with you. I thought the game was fantastic, and loved how challenging it was and made me think very hard about what towers to use and where to place them and at what point to upgrade them and in what order, this system I haven't had to use and stress so much in any other TD game I have played, it was quite enjoyable.

One of my favorite aspects of the game was the reinforcements skill, that was really cool, as well as the meteor spell,although I liked the reinforcements better. one thing I would like to see added is more of those skills, perhaps some archer units to deploy?

As you also said and i'm sure many others think as well, if the towers were changed, or if the skill tree system was taken away or changed too much i would be heartbroken I think, unless the changes were equally as great as what they are re-placing.

Anyways this game is most definitely one of my favorite TD games i've played. I'm looking very forward to the sequel and hope it lives up to the original and even surpasses it!

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

I liked the name and I'd like a sequel, but I think it should be a little easier. I'll wait it!

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the mistake I wanted to say: "I liked the game..."

Lights_of_Sanity
Lights_of_Sanity
28 posts
Jester

Kingdom Rush is one of the best TD's ever created. If there was no sequel, that would be heavily disappointing.

Honoratas
Honoratas
5 posts
Nomad

Right on, the first game I played when I first visited the site. Make sure not to take any tips out when creating the game since there great help for beginners. Hope you add another tower; I wouldn't know what to add, maybe some type of tower with flying attackers. Totally up to you in the end.

Can't wait for the final product and good luck.

epicazeroth
epicazeroth
7 posts
Nomad

Don't know if anyone saw this, but iron hide released a sneak peek on their blog of a new lvl. 4 barracks tower called the assassins guild in the aszare desert fighting enemies called desert thugs.

Lordkazuya
Lordkazuya
20 posts
Nomad

Love the game

ninjarawrlol
ninjarawrlol
2 posts
Nomad

yep game is really fun, so many working different strategies

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Epicazeroth: No I missed it, but that's awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!

Showing 91-105 of 168