ForumsGamesKingdom Rush: Frontiers! (Coming Sequel...)

168 81317
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

So I'm sure most people have heard one way or another of the second Kingdom Rush game coming out.

This discussion is for discussing that game. What would be some of the things you'd like to see in the new game? What do you want to see come back from the first game? What would you like changed? How excited are you that we're going to soon be seeing the second Kingdom Rush game?

As for myself, I'm hoping that the Sequel maintains the purity of the first one. I liked the simple graphics and gameplay. I liked how the maps were interactive (killing the sheep, catching fish, and activating windmills). Seeing that again would be a treat. I'm also hoping that the towers from the first game come back in the second one. Nothing would be more devastating than to see the towers have a complete makeover. I highly doubt it would happen, but still... Lastly, I want them to keep the upgrade tree. I most definitely liked the style of the star upgrades. I thought they were very well thought out and developed, and I would like to see the tree with its same or very similar cleverness of build.

Things I want changed? I might be secretly hoping for maybe a different kind of tower, but if that doesn't happen, I'd still be happy. I would want the levels to be a little bit longer perhaps. It seemed like I would just be hitting my stride in the tower building process and then it would be over, which was kind of disappointing. So if they would add longer levels or maybe add an "Endless" mode, I would thoroughly enjoy the game all the more.

What do you all think?

• 168 Replies
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

I think when it comes out its going to be another surprise. When the first came out i only tried it cause it had a high rating and i heard good stuff about it. The second one i probably gonna show up one day out of the blue . . .

Kazar393
Kazar393
2 posts
Nomad

I had a feeling that it would be something to that extent. Still, a little insight on such a great game would be nice.

Mattdacat101
Mattdacat101
1 posts
Nomad

Kingdom Rush was a cool game. i think the sequel should have a build your own feature or something

DoomDrakon
DoomDrakon
41 posts
Farmer

A sequel?! Oh boy.

Anonyymi
Anonyymi
1 posts
Nomad

what about two story lines? so called good guys and then their nemesis's story, which would work pretty much the same way, except that you could build things like graveyards, demon castles et cetera, et cetera.

kirkbross
kirkbross
1 posts
Nomad

Any word on an actual sequel date?

Freddojones
Freddojones
1 posts
Nomad

One thing I would really like to see is different campaigns for different armies. Not just good guy campaign/bad guy campaign.

Flesh it out some. We already had the barbarians(throwing axes ftw) and paladins and elves. Do a campaign for each army, with different towers, units and powers for each army.

Certainly would keep things fresh.

TacoSmasher123
TacoSmasher123
1 posts
Nomad

The thing I am scared of is that if you bought the premium account, would you still be able to have all the perks and cool things?

samblue234
samblue234
136 posts
Peasant

I would really just want a level pack, not a full-blown sequel. Right?

pilgrimofthemarch
pilgrimofthemarch
30 posts
Farmer

A level pack would be great, true!, but why wouldn't we want a whole new sequel?
I'm guessing it will be more like an expantion pack, with all the same units and graphics plus some juicy little extras.

blueshrike
blueshrike
75 posts
Nomad

The creators have been adding all this premium content that isn't really premium it's just another way to make easy money for the Kingdom Rush enthusiasts. I bet if they made a sequel then they would make even more money by adding even more premium content.

pilgrimofthemarch
pilgrimofthemarch
30 posts
Farmer

Yes, true, but you can't ask people to work for free. I'm sure that thousands of hours of work went into Kindom Rush and the free content privided feels nice and complete. Good for them if they manage to make money from people willing to pay for more. They only charge a couple of dollars for the premium content or 99 cents when it's on offer.

iSabby
iSabby
33 posts
Nomad

Soo all this talk about a sequel? Well when is that happening?

WarLord105
WarLord105
32 posts
Nomad

Have you people seen this image yet?
http://i44.tinypic.com/2nqqs5u.png
In this image you can see the new necromancer tower (mage advancement), an assassin (barracks advancement), a new rain forest/jungle terrain, and a girl with a staff. My guess is that the girl with a staff is the mage reinforcement we see in the desert pic.

Dadehran
Dadehran
21 posts
Peasant

Its a good idea that there making a sequel, I think it will be great.

Showing 136-150 of 168