ForumsGamesKingdom Rush: Frontiers! (Coming Sequel...)

168 81227
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

So I'm sure most people have heard one way or another of the second Kingdom Rush game coming out.

This discussion is for discussing that game. What would be some of the things you'd like to see in the new game? What do you want to see come back from the first game? What would you like changed? How excited are you that we're going to soon be seeing the second Kingdom Rush game?

As for myself, I'm hoping that the Sequel maintains the purity of the first one. I liked the simple graphics and gameplay. I liked how the maps were interactive (killing the sheep, catching fish, and activating windmills). Seeing that again would be a treat. I'm also hoping that the towers from the first game come back in the second one. Nothing would be more devastating than to see the towers have a complete makeover. I highly doubt it would happen, but still... Lastly, I want them to keep the upgrade tree. I most definitely liked the style of the star upgrades. I thought they were very well thought out and developed, and I would like to see the tree with its same or very similar cleverness of build.

Things I want changed? I might be secretly hoping for maybe a different kind of tower, but if that doesn't happen, I'd still be happy. I would want the levels to be a little bit longer perhaps. It seemed like I would just be hitting my stride in the tower building process and then it would be over, which was kind of disappointing. So if they would add longer levels or maybe add an "Endless" mode, I would thoroughly enjoy the game all the more.

What do you all think?

• 168 Replies
PwNeD96
PwNeD96
67 posts
Nomad

I loved Kingdom Rush, the only change id like to see is more of a variety in towers and more abilities.

supersquirtdude
supersquirtdude
1 posts
Nomad

on the endless leaderboard you can make an auto pause so after 5 minutes it would auto pause and you would have to unpause it so people wouldnt just build a good defence and leave it overnight

williamsn
williamsn
1 posts
Nomad

All I want to know is the darn RELEAS DATE!!!!!

billewill
billewill
1 posts
Shepherd

AWESOME KINGOM RUSH IS MY FAVORITE FLASH GAME

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

On ironhide there is a new announcement (blog/forums).

Kingdom Rush Frontiers... this spring.
Could be the sequel... could be another tribe, we will see^^

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Even though this thread is necro'd by another user (deleted his post; it was not in English and had swearing content), UnleashedUponMankind's post is now showing last, but is NOT the necro-ing post. Just to be clear about this... =)

Also locked the other thread with the same topic (not the general Kingdom Rush 1 thread) and redirected discussion about the coming KR sequel here. This thread is older and had much more discussion throughout, even though it was necro'd. So keep it going and...

Discuss the coming KR sequel people! Yay! =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ooops... forgot to add the link to the ArmorGames News article about the new Kingdom Rush Frontiers in the post there! As well as some teaser images... Heh... =/

http://www.ironhidegames.com/blog/promo_frontiers_name.jpg

Click here to read all about "Kingdom Rush Frontiers" and score an awesome wallpaper! =)

http://www.ironhidegames.com/blog/KR_teaser_1_blog.jpg
The adventure begins!

http://www.ironhidegames.com/blog/dwarves_ready_small.jpg
Dark times are coming...

http://www.ironhidegames.com/blog/KR_Frontiers_Lurking.png
Something is lurking...

http://www.ironhidegames.com/images/posts/kr_nextpreview_1.jpg
Sneak peek! An ingame screen capture!

Looking good... Looking good!! =)

Aroni7
Aroni7
2 posts
Blacksmith

It's coming out sometime in March I think...

Digobr23
Digobr23
125 posts
Shepherd

I can't wait for this game!

fredvii
fredvii
1 posts
Nomad

kingdomrush frontiers is going to be awsome.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

This is all I know, and I know a lot.(from reading a lot of ironhide forums)
There will be all new enemies, and the only old enemies they are probaly keeping are goblins of wulves.
Some descriptions of new enemies areesert: duel sword brute, scorpions, giant wasps, burrowing sand worms, mummy creature. Jungle:Green, purple(can go underwater), orange, and blue witchdoctors, a gorilla riding black witch doctor.
The old specialty towers (fourth upgrade) will not be used. They will be replaced by new specialty towers. The basic towers will remain the same. There will also be at least three specialty towers per basic tower.There may be also a fifth upgrade, or at least four specialty towers. List of new speciatly towers: Barracks: assasins tower, knight tower, pirate tower. Mage:Witch doctor(can summon super knight), brown tower, totem tower. Archer: Crossbow tower. Bomb tower:earthquake maker.
There will be a new hero who is an assasin. There will be eight other hereos, and none of the old hereos will be used.

Most of this is accurate, or maybe all of it. I hope it helps KR2 fans.

28 posts
Peasant

I like the whole idea of the next game but, the endless mode would be a challenge for the game developers.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I think I might actually play it... The old kingdom rush has just gotten too old and boring to play anymore.

FateIsEscaped
FateIsEscaped
19 posts
Peasant

AWESOME!

Sooner is better than later.

Jimp
Jimp
2 posts
Peasant

Got a chance to play the new Kingdom Rush at GDC. Its AWESOME ^-^

Showing 151-165 of 168