ForumsGamesKingdom Rush: Frontiers! (Coming Sequel...)

168 81368
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

So I'm sure most people have heard one way or another of the second Kingdom Rush game coming out.

This discussion is for discussing that game. What would be some of the things you'd like to see in the new game? What do you want to see come back from the first game? What would you like changed? How excited are you that we're going to soon be seeing the second Kingdom Rush game?

As for myself, I'm hoping that the Sequel maintains the purity of the first one. I liked the simple graphics and gameplay. I liked how the maps were interactive (killing the sheep, catching fish, and activating windmills). Seeing that again would be a treat. I'm also hoping that the towers from the first game come back in the second one. Nothing would be more devastating than to see the towers have a complete makeover. I highly doubt it would happen, but still... Lastly, I want them to keep the upgrade tree. I most definitely liked the style of the star upgrades. I thought they were very well thought out and developed, and I would like to see the tree with its same or very similar cleverness of build.

Things I want changed? I might be secretly hoping for maybe a different kind of tower, but if that doesn't happen, I'd still be happy. I would want the levels to be a little bit longer perhaps. It seemed like I would just be hitting my stride in the tower building process and then it would be over, which was kind of disappointing. So if they would add longer levels or maybe add an "Endless" mode, I would thoroughly enjoy the game all the more.

What do you all think?

• 168 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Nice to hear they're making a Kingdom Rush sequel. Kingdom Rush is a well-detailed game, has a story, even though they didn't make a lot of towers, the upgrades and looks of the towers are cool. It shows their creativity. Kingdom Rush 2 is totally worth the wait.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

they say there making a sequel at the armor games blog yeah i noticed those to bigfatkitty i hope they fill those in like the ruins the something forest it would be nice

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

Will they be filling in the spaces on the map? I noticed a monster lair and krakens in the sea... I'd really like to discover some more about this land. And also, there could be more terrain, like sea battles and forests where soldiers can use trees as cover.

Kingdom Rush 2 may not even take place on that map... there might be a new map entirely
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Maps
Honestly, I hadn't thought about the map before, but I don't have a preference either way. I did notice the features of the map (Krakens, ships, lair, etc.), but I didn't think too much about it. Whether they incorporate the first map (a good possibility considering the empty space from the first) or make a second (an equally good possibility considering it is a sequel), I don't quite care too much, so long as the game's original integrity is maintained.

Also, I'd like to fight whatever is in "Sarelgz Lair".

I was thinking about that too. I'd be kind of disappointed if they set us up like that just to leave us hanging. But what kind of enemy/boss could be realistic to match the originality of Kingdom Rush?

A marsh... A monster with tentacles... A new type of mage advanced tower....

I personally think all of those are good ideas. I like the idea of environmental hazards. I always thought of KR in terms of the environment as an interactive playground (seeing as how you can kill the sheep, catch the fish, activate the windmills, etc.). Having it fight back would be a good addition.
Your monster idea sounds like the perfect idea for some kind of water area boss. It would incorporate the KR tendency for bosses to de-activate your towers temporarily, and it would fit the theme. Sounds like a good idea.
As for the tower, I think we're all hoping for something or another to do with towers. Some want them not changed. Other's want them to expand more. Some want more choices. Some want different upgrades. Some want them completely redone for the second game. But I like your reversal idea. Sounds very Plants vs. Zombies Hypno-Shroom-esque.

Aside the point, two things for clarification. First, I don't work for Ironhide or AG. These ideas are for AG users, not for actual idea consideration for the game. Second, double posts are fine. I, and everyone I know, don't care about single posts, double posts, or triple posts. Now if you have more than that in a row, you might want to consider condensing your ideas into one post, but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

But good ideas guys! What else is out there?
RaddyG
RaddyG
18 posts
Nomad

I gave the first game a 9/10 !
I'm excited for the sequel.
Hoping for new towers and enemies...can't waitttt !

IRONHIDEGAMES
IRONHIDEGAMES
21 posts
Peasant

Great suggestions! Keep em coming, as for the map it will be a new map, more like a sequel but on the same world. The kr map is way bigger than what you see on the game so expect new terrains also

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

Haha! Awesome! Thanks Ironhide!!!

visitlegend
visitlegend
398 posts
Nomad

More suggestions then: a cavalry barracks, not very strong but big rally point range and fast movement, good for fighting fires.

Yah but what about offence?

-Legend
2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

@bigfatkitty: I think what visitlegend is trying to say is that you have suggested a good number of good ideas regarding defensive towers. He was asking about attacking towers (like archers, or mages, etc.)

And it seems to me that destroyable enemy spawn points would be too much like Gemcraft. I liked the graveyards from the first KR that spawned enemies regardless of the environment.

Outside the point, one think that I myself might suggest after a bit of thought was a better "tesla tower" as it were for the upgraded bomb tower (I can't remember what its called) that utilized the electricity. If that tower is coming back, I would be desirous of seeing the area shock be more effective.

Also, is there any chance of adding a speed up button? I realize that the game is full interaction all the way through, but especially at the beginning and ends of battles, I find myself sitting there a lot, not even finding the need to use reinforcements. Just a thought.

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

I like the ballista and bomb tower ideas. That's really creative, and I think it would be fun.
However, I do kind of feel like the Magic tower chain has already been done by the original bomb tower's final upgrade, and the enemy turn-around thing has been replicated via the Mage's teleportation.

StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

Doesn't sound much alchemistic, but a hypnotist tower turning monsters against other monsters for a while would be funny

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

the only thing i want is a endless mode, more enemies and more upgrades.

epicazeroth
epicazeroth
7 posts
Nomad

An alchemist tower could use potions to Boston other towers or soldiers and affect enemies, like turn them to gold for a few seconds. Speaking of which, maybe it would boost gold production.

epicazeroth
epicazeroth
7 posts
Nomad

Boost, not Boston, computer did that automatically for some reason.

2timothy316
2timothy316
109 posts
Nomad

the only thing i want is a endless mode, more enemies and more upgrades.

Yeah, having maybe a bit more of an upgrade tree would be nice.

And I honestly like all of the wizard/alchemy tower ideas. But I would suggest to keep in mind that KR isn't your average tower defense game. It seemed like they never had a tower that directly copied a tower of an old tower defense game.

And to be perfectly honest, I have a hard time seeing the next KR include towers that would utilize the lifting and dropping of anything... but that's just me.

But increased gold production sounds like a good upgrade for the star upgrade tree, as well as for a tower!
Showing 16-30 of 168