ForumsProgramming Forum[Necro] how much money does a person make on armorgames?

19 39644
KINGSPIRIT
KINGSPIRIT
19 posts
Nomad

can they make a living off of it and if i was to make my own game how would that work? how would i make money and all that other stuff how to make it and etc.

• 19 Replies
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

I don't think developers get paid unless they are full-time employees of Armorgames, though I may be wrong. Normally, you would get money from advertisements (third-party ads aren't allowed on Armorgames), or licenses.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

The developers that don't work for Armor Games get ad revenue they receive from their games. Every time someone plays it they get a little bit and it adds up over time. An example would be Kongregate, I've submitted a flash game on there and I've received a dollar or two in ad revenue, but I only get about 40 cents of that because Kongregate takes some, the game I submitted has about 300 plays.

You can make a living off of being a developer, but your games have to be good. Or as some people do on Kongregate, submit a whole bunch of small flash games to get revenue.

KINGSPIRIT
KINGSPIRIT
19 posts
Nomad

so i would have to get someone to give me ads or could i just get it from google and dont they pay u or something im not understanding who pays u when they play it and who gives u ads armor games or the ad guy and how do u get a ad guy

Awesomeyi
Awesomeyi
122 posts
Nomad

So, you could actually support yourself on Armorgames! Cool!

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

So, you could actually support yourself on Armorgames! Cool!

Most people don't just make flash games also you don't just submit to AG you would submit to other sites so you could get more money.

I don't think developers get paid unless they are full-time employees of Armorgames, though I may be wrong. Normally, you would get money from advertisements (third-party ads aren't allowed on Armorgames), or licenses.

I'm pretty sure AG just pays you for hosting it on their site. They only take top notch games and you probably get paid more than from other sites.
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

Mochigames has ad API specifically for flash games, and a domain filter so they won't play on certain sites, (useful because they're not allowed on Armor) and pays you based on eCPM, (average cost per thousand impressions) in other words, you get paid a certain amount for every thousand views. Visit the Mochimedia website if you want to learn more.

Good luck!

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

here is a good link,flash rights
you can get sponsor ships for your games which gives you good money.
i don't real understand all this my self but hey if i get 40 cents of of my hobbie that's nice!

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Smaller sites can net you $300 dollar for hosting it. On Kongregate it's more dynamic but they accept everyone and give you according to how many people play it.

markzi
markzi
103 posts
Nomad

If your games are good enough, some sites might sponsor them and give you money in exchange

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

this one guy that made the game Age Of War... Armorgames paid him to make a 2 then a 3 w/ online multiplayer mode but he declined a third....

i herd some were that they signed him up for a 15000 dollar contract

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

this one guy that made the game Age Of War... Armorgames paid him to make a 2 then a 3 w/ online multiplayer mode but he declined a third....

1: Armorgames didn't pay him to do it, Max Games did.
2: He didn't decline the third, they wouldn't let him make it. Max Games owns the rights to the Age of War games, and if he wants to make another, he would have to make it for them.
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

ohhh ya true.... srry but still the point is that if your game is sucessful sites will want a secqual so uch they will pay you for it... so take your time

skunk940
skunk940
21 posts
Peasant

So do armour games always pay when you submit a game?

thickmik
thickmik
1 posts
Nomad

AG pays if the game goes public...

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

I work in a part of the Military that is looking for games for 3rd world countries that teach "something" depending on what they are currently wanting to teach.... example "Sim City Afghanistan" was paid 250,000 USD. I have suggested that the next game come from a flash programer, as it doesn't take much to install, and I have been part of the flash community since Flash 4.

Showing 1-15 of 19