ForumsNews and FeedbackVideos

10 4214
Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

We should add videos on the site of our gameplay,just an idea off the top of my head.

• 10 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Of what usefulness would that be to Armor Games? It makes no sense why you would need that.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Sometimes i think videos would be cool, although it would introduce a whole new safety issue because of content that could be uploaded.
If users wanted videos, there would probably need to be a whole submit and checking process which could take a while.

Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

yes and when people try to upload bad videos it is immiediatly taken off,of course we will have to add something to the site to make it that way.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've got some plans to add YouTube videos of walkthroughs, players showing tips/tricks/etc., but I don't believe it'll be there at launch.

Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

yea,i come up with alot of ideas,lol

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well you can add a walkthough to your game as a dev when you summit it, but as a user you can't, though there is the walkthough section of the forms you can just post links to your videos there i don't see a need to ad a feature to it plus if there is something bad to the video AG does not have as many problems, if it is just a link to a youtube video at least it is not on the site, AG can search out all linked site in that section get a big list of them all in one spot (a lot of website should be able to do this if it has a good ISP) and mod those instead of having to look though a bunch of videos on the site.

so i don't see why we need to ad a feature to the site that just might make it harder for the mods and make more stuff cramed on to the AG sever, let youtube deal with that...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

yea,i come up with alot of ideas,lol

Just have a browse through the forum (including locked threads) before you think your idea is original and post a message about it. We've discussed video uploads already.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

you can add a walkthough to your game as a dev when you summit it, but as a user you can't

And that's what we're evaluating -- do we let users submit the videos, or just the developer.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

ah.. i see but i think it is best for people to just post an link to a youtube video walkthough in the flash games part of the forums, that way, as i said, ag does not need to deal with it all as much, you still need to check links but it still is easier to do so. just saying why does AG have to put time in to things like video support, that is not need(we have links) instead of more major things or minor things that need support...

Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

im posting this very late...but if armor games has a youtube channel-the owner of that channel can get video submitions to his/her inbox about the game display and be able to post it on the youtube channel for users to see about up-coming games

Showing 1-10 of 10