ForumsNews and FeedbackScreenSavers

22 7082
Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

We can make screensavers for the site store.

• 22 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

What sort of screensaver would you want?

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

What sort of screensaver would you want?

I think he means they should add unique screen savers to buy off the store.

I think screen savers you can download would be cool. Like an Exit Path one, a CTC one, but I think the buying part is out of hand.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Yeah. I would love that! Especially if there were elephant ones!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Maybe there should be a design competition for it.

Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

i dont mean purchasing them i mean like earning them by how much AP you earn.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Unlocking them based on points is an idea. Ultimately though, I don't know of any "generic" screen saver system that will work on all platforms, so this isn't really something that Armor Games would be able to build ... but we could maybe look at doing screenshot slideshow screensavers for various games, and see if we could piggyback that on some other existing multi-platform screensaver system (if there is one)

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

you could also make it an option in the summit and outside of the summit of old games to add a screen saver engine or slide as a Dev of YOUR game. that way you don't get as much junk from normal users. but that would make a lot of screen savers, so you might have to link the screen savers to the games instead of making a separate place for them and making clutter (i got clutter, i got clu clu clutter, i got clutter clutter clutter clutter clu clu clutter! LOL) but i don't know that is just a thought...

but i had think a

multi-platform screen saver system
exists but i have no idea!
ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

Yeah. I would love that! Especially if there were elephant ones!

I like it. There could be some with the AG logo, major game characters. Great idea Xborn2BWildX98.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Great idea Xborn2BWildX98

not to not give Xborn2BWildX98< if people would look back farther this is not a new idea, this is just one of the times we sarted to even think about it with all the ruckus we had not to long ago, now there is not as much so the little things can get more focus.

but ferfer313 the problem is that AG does not have rule over all the devs in the world, they can't just go up to posabley copyrighted work and make a screen saver out of it, sherh maby for there emploes they can but a lot of game (the majorate) are not AG's. so there dev has to make it or give the data for AG to make it...
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Well Xborn2BWildX that I not toataly true, it is like when I asked frank "how many AG members does it take to scre in a lightbulb", he said and groep of regulars to think up how and the features and then a group to poke AG to turn on the power, that is more how it is, though we don't get the final on it we sher poke AG to do it one way and it works.

But any who how do you guys deside on what ag it takes though... and is the screen savers where dev sumits then how would you deside o all that? Even if you use the screen shots how would you go about desiding the amout of AG you need to get it? it seems that the dev would probaly not have a say in it and if they did it would be 0... so how are you to do so?

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Lol mike because AG is super awesome and every one loves it!

But the problem Xborn2BWildX is that the adims have other things to do than make screen savers, plus you can't just make one out of the blue ether, you have to have the rights and resorces to do so,

So if we do ever do it I think letting the dev do it I a sumition form, and mybe let them make it so you have to get so much AP or you have to do "blank" in there game and get an achevment to get it or somthing so that way it is not ags problem as much and it is the devs who promote there own screen savers of there own games.

Xborn2BWildX98
Xborn2BWildX98
126 posts
Nomad

Fine how about we get some screensavers with how much AP we have.And the more AP we earn the better the screensaver?

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Fine how about we get some screensavers with how much AP we have.And the more AP we earn the better the screensaver?

WOOHOO! Xborn2BWildX98 just figured out what I just said for about three pages! Yaaaaay!

That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say. Thank you.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

so are we gonna have screensavers in AG3?

It's a good idea, but there is no guarantee that screen savers will be implemented.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

As I said on page 1, I'm not personally aware of any &quotlatform independent" screen saver engine on which to build an Armor Games screensaver. If someone knows of one, then speak up.

Showing 1-15 of 22