ForumsThe TavernGeneral Armatar Discussion

91 17000
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Here's a thread where you can talk about the armatars. Here's the original thread. Please read the opening post of that thread:
Here, I have decided to make a central area for armatar discussion. Just say anything you want about armatars that isn't
a) Disregarding any usual rules.
b) Spam.
c) A spoiler about how you unlock certain armatars.
d) Anything else, that, under common sense, is inappropriate.

Also, read the last page of that thread where Cenere posted the lock reason. He has allowed me to re-create the thread, but don't let it end up like the original thread.

Now to talk about the armatars. Which ones are your favorite? What would you like to see as future armatars? Would you like for the contests to come back? Would you like to be able to draw your own armatars and use them? Would you like custom armatars, as in armatars you can grab off the Internet?

My favorites are the unicorns, mainly because of the coloring used on them and how they are positioned. The unicorn I'm currently using is my favorite out of that batch. It's a bright white color and the blue eyes look nice. It also appears to be in a noble position.This one is my second favorite out of that batch because it reminds me of the game Robot Unicorn Attack. Also, the colors grab my attention. I don't particularly like this unicorn because of how the body and head are positioned. It looks like its neck is broken. If it were to be drawn like how the other two are, it would be my favorite. I tend to change my armatar occasionally due to me liking most of them, but the unicorns are my favorite.

I don't really have any armatar ideas in mind. Most are already seasonals or in the selection you get. I would like for the seasonal armatars to be a part of that selection, though. You can actually view all the seasonal armatars, just click this. That was taken off of Graham's profile. Which ones in each season are your favorite? Out of those, I prefer the Halloween armatars. My favorites are the fourth, fifth, and sixth in the second row. The clown picture also looks good. Aside from those, I like the eighth armatar in the second row of the winter selection.

As for contests and being able to draw them, that'd be nice. It'd be neat being able to have the contests back for people to submit their own drawn armatars and being able to draw them would make them unique to you.

I'd like to be able to use a custom armatar, there are a few I would use. Such as Altair and Rorschach

• 91 Replies
visitlegend
visitlegend
398 posts
Nomad

I know the School armatar, well only one.
Its the one im wearin, sorry i cant upload it mah camera isnt working.

-Legend

Awesomeyi
Awesomeyi
122 posts
Nomad

Nice armatars Cenere I like the third one. Strop,lol.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Yeah there cool. Strop's is cool too but it would be helpful if u told us the name of it. And it does kinda look like the Egyptian god.
In ag3 I would love to have the season armatars or have U get three new armatars every new year. That would be cool

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

My bad I didn't see strips other drawings, I get the ninja pony now

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Typo
Strips is supposed to be strop's. My bad again

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Well I wasn't around when they had them but they would come out during that season and would rotate with each other. I think
And yeah there is a ninja pony, look back a few pages

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Lol, pony. Looks more like a horse or Anubis to me.

how did the season Armatars work?

Carlie (an administrator) would organize them, create threads for specific seasons then people would submit drawings; if they were good enough to be an armatar then she would add them for those seasons, which would last for about two weeks or a month. I hope they add the previous ones for the seasons on AG3, that'd be nice of them.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I was thinking earlier: Why can't the administrators put the recent seasonal/holiday armatars up for specific seasons now? I know Carlie managed the contests and such, but why can't they put the past specific seasonal/holiday armatars up at the appropriate times? I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to do. It's not a big deal considering they're just pictures, but it'd be nice to have those selections during certain times.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Last Halloween I asked Ian if it could be possible to put up a few seasonals (I did a new batch in case it was needed), but never got a reply. I am inclined to believe the staff is too busy with the launch to bother with the community and their ideas, which means it probably won't happen.
It would be amusing, but very AG2 centric...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I like mine, one of the original ones. I think of the people with the same armatar, I'm the highest ranker :P Sweet.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

I personally like the bunneh but I'm using the penguin which I like too.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, I don't think they'll be releasing AG3 until December-February, so it wouldn't be giving us all that attention. I just think it'd be nice to put the specific armatars up at appropriate times.

Hmm, and that Nitrome logo-armatar is still on the site, I wonder if they plan on taking that down. But since that one is on the site I don't think it'd be difficult for them nor it would take much of their attention away from AG3 to put some pictures up. Guess I should ask an administrator about it instead of talking about it here.

JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

I kind of like the one I've got now -- simple warrior, Dirk-the-Daring-like, cross on the helmet to go with my faith, doesn't make my eyes bleed with excessive blood/noir/rainbow/cute/upchuck.

Of course, I haven't seen all the Armatars, but I'm still a bit of a newb here.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

I have not seen many armatars. I don't really pay attention to other users' armatar and I haven't unlocked many so far.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, I don't think they'll be releasing AG3 until December-February, so it wouldn't be giving us all that attention. I just think it'd be nice to put the specific armatars up at appropriate times.

I could try leaving a post-it note for Cormyn to see, then he might be able to ask the team if they could do something like it.
It would be a good point of goodwill and care, so it might be possible, might not.
Showing 61-75 of 91