ForumsProgramming ForumFlixel?

3 4456
ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Is it better to use one of the various code libraries (like Flixel) or just use normal Flash when making games?

• 3 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

If you're a beginner you have to learn to code and the best way to learn is to do stuff yourself. Otherwise you will just get lost in tons of advanced OOP code split across various .as files and you will be totally lost.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

well i don't think you understand flixel or flashpunk darkroot, they are very very basic, but i agree with you. if your a beginner you should learn as much as you can and understand the library to the piont you can do all that stuff your self then use it as a short cut more than a crutch, but always make sherh that the short cut is a good one and won't just make it harder or slow in the end, but both flashpunk and flixel are very simple, flashpunk is even more so (that is why i use it, i little to do most of it my self with the basic short cuts it helps with).

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

well i don't think you understand flixel or flashpunk darkroot, they are very very basic

They are only basic when you know your way around as3 and are not copying off a tutorial. Most people on the site are just learning as3 and not even close to ready for complicated code like that.

I don't think you understood what I was even saying I was saying it's not for beginners.
Showing 1-3 of 3