Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Master's Minecraft Redstone Creations

Posted Sep 21, '11 at 3:15pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Isn't it kinda tedious working with circuitry in minecraft? I couldn't do it in minecraft, I prefer my normal software emulation.

Can you link me to a good emulator? I'd like to try it in a more conventual way. I just enjoy work because it's more of a challenge working with limitations (though i've never tried it outside of minecraft so I'm not sure it's any easier). Also, it's really awesome working in a 3D environment, it's like working in the most immersive program ever.

Also how do the displays working minecraft?

Which type? The 7-segment display or just a simple torch display?

Posted Sep 21, '11 at 10:41pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Can you link me to a good emulator?

Not really, the software my University uses is expensive and not in high demand. It's called LogicWorks it's both convoluted and very difficult to use.

I'd like to try it in a more conventional way. I just enjoy work because it's more of a challenge working with limitations (though I've never tried it outside of minecraft so I'm not sure it's any easier).

Well the only limitation is knowledge and the discrete math behind some of the logic. An entry level computer designs books would be able to show you throw the basic stuff. But in reality you need a through Discrete math course to get into the harder stuff.

Also, it's really awesome working in a 3D environment, it's like working in the most immersive program ever.

Well I prefer quick and efficient system which would be 2D than a 3D game environment myself. Especially if you just in the process of creating something.

Which type? The 7-segment display or just a simple torch display?

Both really.

Posted Sep 22, '11 at 12:15am

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Both really.

Well, the binary torch display for the calculator was easy, the answer is already outputted as binary so i lead a wire into a block with a torch on it (the wire may need to be inverted) and then put a sign above it saying which bit the torch is representing. The torch display for the random equation machine was slightly different but not much more complicated. If you look at the middle of the picture i posted on the second page, i have all the wires laid out next to each other, leading into the answer decoder. Before it gets into the decoder, i just add some wire off the line and run it into the torch display like i did before. I have some signs there to remind me which wire represents which number.

The seven segment display is a bit more complicated.

First, we start off with just building exactly what the display looks like (i.e. seven segments of 2 or 3 torches (two is much simpler)). Then, using a mess of redstone, we run wire into them.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg97/scaled.php?server=97&filename=pic1gy.jpg&res=medium

Then, with even more of a mess of redstone, we connect those wires into groups (so that each segment can be powered by 1 torch instead of 3) and then bring these wires down to the ground.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg14/scaled.php?server=14&filename=pic2ne.jpg&res=medium

So now we have 7 wires running across the ground. Each of these wires correspond to a different segment of the display. When we power one of these wires, the segment it's connected two lights up. So after a signal comes out of the binary to hexadecimal converter, it puts a signal into this

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg27/scaled.php?server=27&filename=pic3av.jpg&res=medium

I have 15 of these (one for every hexadecimal value). The wires running under it are connected to each segment of the display. Because the power is on, it's inverting each of those torches to the off state. What each one does, is when the power goes off (meaning that number was selected) it let's those torches turn on. When those torches go on, it powers the wires, which go on to power each segment they're connected to. This one that's on happens to be F i believe.

Posted Sep 23, '11 at 10:54am

LeftyG

LeftyG

47 posts

Is that the painterly pack by rhydox???

Posted Sep 23, '11 at 12:50pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Is that the painterly pack by rhydox???

It's a heavily modified version of the pack that the server i play on made.

Posted Sep 26, '11 at 5:55pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Update

Due to a very stupid mistake, the machine was considerable slower. I've fixed it now so that it will give you both numbers in approximately 7 tics (about 1 second) instead of a random amount of time ranging from 1 second to forever. It also only operates on 2 clocks instead of 4. If anyone actually wants the updated version, tell me and i'll upload it.

Posted Jan 17, '12 at 8:20pm

Schmiddy1234

Schmiddy1234

887 posts

Master... you put a mod so you could fly?? Is that what that picture say?

Posted Jan 17, '12 at 9:41pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Master... you put a mod so you could fly?? Is that what that picture say?

Yes, why is that hard to believe?

Posted Jan 30, '12 at 12:06am

master565

master565

3,874 posts

I have something new for you everyone

http://i.imgur.com/ghxEX.png

It's an Iron door with a lever :D
You just flip the lever, and the door opens. There's also a second lever, it doesn't do anything, but it makes my eyes happy.

Though in serious news, I do have something really awesome and big that should be finished in the next few days.

Posted Jan 31, '12 at 9:01pm

fluffypanda1347

fluffypanda1347

19 posts

first i dont get it and why do you need a calculator in minecraft have fun and just explore.

Reply to Master's Minecraft Redstone Creations

You must be logged in to post a reply!