ForumsPopular MediaFavorite Music From A Movie?

67 33885
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

What's your favorite song from a movie and why?

I'm a fan of John Williams (Hedwig's Theme, Star Wars, Indiana Jones), but I'm becoming increasingly a fan of Ennio Morricone (A Fistful of Dollars, Sixty Seconds to What?, The Ecstasy of Gold ).

Currently, The Ecstasy of Gold is my favorite, due to the constantly building crescendos and good vocals.

• 67 Replies
miss_fizzed
miss_fizzed
12 posts
Scribe

The music from various Disney movies, such as Hubchback of Notre Dame, by Alan Menken

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

Probably the music from Hachiko: A Dog's Story. It's so beautiful \\sniffle\\. Movie made me cry so bad. Also really hope the links worked.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Also in addition to the gladiator theme I also like braveheart and Hedwig's theme... :3

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

the music for jaws.
This is apparently a true story:
After "bruce" the mechanical shark broke down for the tenth time, spielberg walked into john williams office and said "Okay, we don't have a shark. What have you got?" John Williams walked over to his piano and went "dur dum. dur dum. dumdumdumdumdumdumdumdum...."

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've already mentioned that 85 % of my collection is made of soundtracks and film scores. I used to listen to Once Upon a Time in the West before bed time and Star Wars especially, I went nuts when I first heard the music in the cinema, I listened to it so much that I could tell which part of the movie they were at just by listening to it. I have so many compilations as well.
My all time favorite though was Star Tracks on vinyl. It had the themes from Battlestar Galactica, Alien, Superman, the Black Hole, Meteor, Star Trek, Star Wars, and a few more.
I digitized it because it started to sound like eggs in a frying pan. I removed 90% of the scratches, pops, and clicks and it still sound great!

I'd like to make a new compilation with some music from the Basic Instinct and the Sixth Sense soundtracks, I just haven't found another one that would go well with them.
I must have made 250 compilations since I converted to CD recording.
I made probably 500 on audio tape, a technology I haven't used since the CD.

Showing 61-65 of 67